“quick return of lost item”

Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Just wanted to thank Ipek Ozturk of the Westin Mission Hills security/lost and found and my housekeeper there for the easy and quick return of a jacket I dropped as I was leaving the room to check out. I noticed it was missing 2 hours later when I got home and with one phone call they had located my jacket and I had it back in my hands just 3 days later. It was Fed Exed to me free of charge. I have never had any item returned to me from a hotel before so I really felt I had to let them know how much it was appreciated!

Room Tip: Even rooms that don't face the golf course have great views of ponds, pools or grassy areas.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
WestinMissionHills, Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Karyn M,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are pleased to hear that our security team was able to go above and beyond for you. We are glad we could locate your jacket and deliver it in a timely manner. We will definitely share your comments with our associate Ipec Ozturk as he will be thrilled to know he caused a positive impact on you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Every morning we woke up to new guests in our room- cockroaches! From babies to adults, it's clear there was an infestation and it's clear the hotel knew about it because these cockroaches were slow moving in the morning time- probably had ingested poison. Instead of properly fumigating and waiting to get the infestation under control before housing guests in the (block 4) building- the hotel chose to give us a room with a known problem. Our daily complaints were not met with a lot of concern or apology. Not much was done. We weren't relocated or offered a discount or given a proper apology for the inconvenience. The service and reaction to the problem was seriously lack-luster which is a shame because the hotel and pool are nice and some of the waitstaff were fabulous. We would have loved to return annually and stay during Coachella but after the lack of response from the staff? Definitely not!

Tip: if you get a room in building 4, ask for a different room!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Emmnyt
WestinMissionHills, Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Emmnyt,
Thank you for your recent review. We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay but appreciate the time you took to share your feedback. If you could, please contact our Director of Rooms, Jim Pulver, at 760.770.2122 as we would like to follow up with you directly. On the other hand, we are pleased to hear you loved the amenities we have created for all of our guests as well as the pool and our fabulous staff. We genuinely hope you have the opportunity to join us again so we can provide you with the exceptional service you expect and deserve.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort and spa is really a mirage in front of the huge desert at the Rancho Mirage, Palm Springs. With over 40 acres of the landscape built in the beautiful Golf course and rooms spread in wonderful cottages, it is possibly one of the best relaxation places to find.
The rooms are spacious and equipped with one of the best amenities, sepereate cordoned off Bathrooms. The rooms face one of beautiful landscapes or a pool. The hotel staff is very courteous and helpful. To add, the hotel has a wonderful Golf course and adequate space to hold a meeting for about 600 to 700 people.
Wonderful experience this...

Room Tip: Choose opposite the pool or opposite the huge Golf course.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank virendersachdeva
WestinMissionHills, Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear virendersachdeva,
Thank you for your recent review, we appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us. We are pleased to hear you had a fantastic time during your stay with us. We are delighted to know you enjoyed every inch of our resort as much as we do, we truly appreciate all your lovely words! We are very happy to hear you loved our grounds, our team and the various amenities we offer our guests. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our resort very soon!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

This is our second time back to the Westin. It's great for families and I found the service to be outstanding. It's an excellent choice if you want to read by the pool, soak in the sun or just have an overall relaxing time. I'm not a golfer but I still really enjoyed it. I can't wait to get back!

Room Tip: the rooms on the ground floors have nicer patios, IMHO.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear NapoDyno,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Thank you for choosing our resort once again for your vacation getaway. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the fantastic service from our associates from the pool, restaurant, lounge and many other departments. The weather was definitely perfect to have some fun in the sun! We hope you have the opportunity to join us again!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Due to the daily grind I failed to plan our family spring break months in advance like everyone else. The desert is always a popular go to place. Now add Coachella festival on top of that.

I literally thought I was going to break a ten year tradition with the family. Then James Pulver and staff came to the rescue. Front desk manager Bruno over time worked some magic.

Dennis had us covered at the pool cabana with a fresh look on updated patio furniture, cabana fan, fridge and more.

Hopefully you will get Kayla as your server. I think she can read minds ! She's that good.

Peter will make sure any finished trays, empty cups etc will never pile up.

I don't want leave,,,,,hopefully I will be kind enough not to put the pressure on James and his crew next year and years to come.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul P

Dear Paul P,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are very pleased to hear you had a fantastic time during your stay with us. We are glad to know our team went above and beyond for you to serve you, help you, accommodate you and make sure your experience with us was extraordinary. We truly look forward to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I had a very nice stay here in April 2014. Hotel rooms were very comfortable, spacious, CLEAN and beds were nice and comfortable! Food was really good overall too. Try the Pinzimini Burger (with the onions) at the restaurant - delicious!!

It is a very spread out resort - and you have to walk outside to get to your buildings where the rooms are. I was in building 2 - which is not that far - about a 5 to 7 minute walk from the main hotel building - but, what was nice was the adult pool basically right next to it. But, some of the other folks staying here had a much longer walk - so, a suggestion upon check in is to ask for a building close to the main hotel areas - buildings 5 and 6 being the closest. A nice thing the hotel provides is golf cart service around the hotel too.

But, the golf cart thing is slightly an issue because a lot of the people driving them go awfully fast around the grounds. Because they are electric - you do not hear them until they are right behind you - and I got surprised a few times! It did not matter who was driving them - it was everyone! There was young kids driving them - but, even the older security guards were driving like they were at a race event! Not all obviously - but, enough of them to say it is an issue here. In fact, at the gym - I had a great view of the grounds and golf carts driving around (see picture) - and while I was on the elliptical for 30 minutes - I watched all of the golf carts driving around. In the attached photo - you can see on the left where there is a turn and a hill - and I watched one of the golf carts take a corner and go over the bump like they were out 4-wheeling.

The gym was nice and comfortable - but, the music in there was so loud, I could barely hear the TV while on the elliptical - you guys really have to turn that down! Oh - I did say something to the hotel front desk about it too the day before - and of course, it was not turned down.

Overall - a very good experience and comfortable place to stay with good staff and service, etc. But, unfortunately, the last experience I had there will be what I probably remember most. The last nite there - the toilet overflowed. Called down and asked for a plunger. By the time anyone showed up - it was an hour later - I was already in bed and put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. Well, they called and wanted to get in - and I said to just leave the plunger - I am already in bed. Well, the morning of my departure - I did find it out there - and it was the most dirtiest and disgusting plunger I have ever seen in my life!!! News flash for the hotel manager: invest $5 in a new plunger!!!!! or, maybe have one of the maintenance guys spend 3 minutes running some hot water on it maybe?!?!?!

Room Tip: if you don't mind walking around the grounds - then don't worry about requesting a close roo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2014

After decades of travel, one of the things I value most in a hotel is the housekeeping staff. Isabel Castillo has been fantastic and had made my trip a great one. I am here for a trade event so I did not pick this hotel, but based on my experience, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
WestinMissionHills, Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Johnjkimmel,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay in our resort. We are thrilled to know Isabel Castillo did a fabulous job going above and beyond for you and exceeding your expectations! We truly look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Mirage
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage

Been to Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!