Was initially disappointed. Despite my reservation saying "resort view" which I believe means near a pool I was assigned a "golf course" view room. Further it was on the first floor and I have visions of running feet overhead. The clerk advised that they were full and that there was nothing she could do. She did however acknowledge my SPG platinum status and gave me continental breakfast coupons. They later sent over a bottle of wine.
We arrived at our room and we pleased by the size and layout. We sat out on our little patio and enjoyed a glass of wine. Then the neighbors arrived. They were two adults and five children. I have no idea where they all slept. They enjoyed yelling and screaming outside our room in some south Asian language. Fortunately they left the next day. Some noise later on from above us but it was tolerable.
The Westin Heavenly bed was great. Room also has a panel that allows connection of PCs/Tablets to the TV. Also small fridge and safe.
The property itself is older but very well maintained by a small army of staff.
Some orange trees on the property and yes the oranges are edible.
Fitness center had 2 striders, 3 bikes, 1 stepper, six treadmill, free weights and some machines. All new and well maintained. Arguably a small facility for the size of the property.
Putting green, bocce court, shuffleboard by buildings 15 and 16. Also tennis facilities in this area.
3 pools. The adult pool by buildings 3, 4 and 5, the main pool by the lobby and building 6 and the third pool by buildings 9, 10, 12 and 13. There are 16 buildings so if you want easy access to a pool pick one of the buildings listed above. I believe buildings 5, 6, 9 and 12 are the best choices for pool access. Be aware though, you could end up with no view at all in some buildings.
Even numbered rooms are second level. Odd are first level. For instance room 1305 is in building 13 on the ground level.
I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa is a Palm Springs resort and hotel where the picturesque mountain views and secluded location create the perfect escape. Our Palm Springs hotel is the perfect place to unwind. Enjoy the best Palm Springs Golf on one of our championship courses, lounge at any of our three pools, splash down our 75-foot waterslide or enjoy a delectable meal at one of our Palm Springs restaurant options, including the on-site restaurant Pinzimini. A soothing sanctuary awaits those looking for a rejuvenating desert retreat with our expansive Palm Springs resort spa featuring treatments for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Mission Hills Resort And Spa
- Westin Mission Hills Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Westin Rancho Mirage
- Palm Springs Westin
- Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa Rancho Mirage, CA - California Desert