“The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa”

Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa is a wonderful, relaxing resort. The food is superb. The property is beautiful. The Spa was average but the therapist was excellent. If you like a deep tissue massage ask for Erick. He knows how to breakdown trigger spots. I had a very good masssage by Erick. Try out Pinzimini. WOW!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
WestinMissionHills, Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Maria T,

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled you had a wonderful time.
We will forward your comments to the spa and Erik! We are so glad you were able to enjoy Pinzimini as well. It's our newest addition!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Be well.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,569)

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Overall I like this hotel. That said...upon arrival my hotel room floor was dirty - a penny, a feather, some bits of paper, so knew it hadn't been vacuumed. The front office staff quickly moved me to another room and it was fine - a studio King. At dinner last night, learned from my table mates that they also had rooms that seemed, as one person said, "like no one had stayed in it for months". Film on the table, dusty, etc. Maybe we were placed in an older part of the property because we got a good rate? The older part of the property has something unique -- cement walls with a little openings that look like painted cinder blocks. Blocked view from the room because the patio was enclosed with this. One of my colleagues stayed in the Villas section and it was stunning -- open space, views. The service express button on the phone unfortunately wasn't express - many times placed on hold and once when I did get through, was transferred to security. No plastic laundry bag in the closet, although there was the laundry check list in case you wanted to have laundry done. :) My colleagues also said they didn't have a laundry plastic bag in their room. I didn't know how important this was to us women until all of us complained about it. LOL The property is expansive - almost everyone travels by golf cart. ALL THAT SAID...the food here is absolutely wonderful -- for a hotel I am pleasantly surprised. Have had room service twice - the blueberry, orange and granola pancakes were wonderful as was the chorizo omelette the following morning. The meeting rooms are perfect (although extremely cold - icy almost.) The staff is very helpful. I check out tomorrow morning. I'm not sure I would return. :( P.S. There is a $27/day resort fee.

Room Tip: The Villas are the way to go.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear saltkettle,

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate all your feedback as this allows us to improve our services. We are happy to address the concerns mentioned with each department.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your meetings and the culinary delights on property. We take great pride in offering the freshest ingredients for our guests.

We thank you for your patronage and hope you do join us again soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Unfortunately I only stayed here one night but it was still awesome. The staff was extremely helpful, answering all our questions about the area and even giving us good tips on where to have dinner. When we were ready to head out on the town, they immediately helped us with a taxi and when we returned to our room it was nice to walk around the beautiful park located next to our room with that awesome fountain. It was so relaxing and beautiful to enjoy. The rooms are clean and definitely nice. Next time I'm in Palm Springs, I'll be staying here again and hopefully more than just one day.

Room Tip: ask for a room near the park/fountain..it's beautiful.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear ECFL,

Thank you for your review! We are so happy your stay with us was AWESOME.
We too hope you can stay with us a little longer.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a very nice hotel in Rancho Mirage. Service was excellent and staff were always attentive. It was a little sterile, a wee bit tired and sleepy. Now I did go in the off season - November so it was DEAD! I think I would choose a more lively resort.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello BellacoolaFernie,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your lovely comments.
We do hope you will join us again soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed at the Westin Mission Hills 10/24 - 10/27/2012. The service at this resort was horrible. Our room was OK, but many of our fellow convention goers had roaches in their rooms, no hot water and rotten food in the room refrigerator. I guess my husband and I were lucky? The first day there was no internet service, this is just not exceptable. When I complained, the resort did give me a $30 credit. I would have preferred to have internet service for business communications. The on site restaurant provided the worst service I have ever had, upon complaining they reduced the bill, I would have preferred great service. Upon check out there was a charge of $162 from the pro-shop. We did not even know where the pro-shop was. They said ID's are required for charging to your room. I said that was funny, as I was never asked to show ID when I legitimately charged to my room. They wanted me to leave without resolution since it may take days to resolve since the pro-shop was not owned by the resort. Then why are they allowed to charge to rooms? Blah.. I told them I was not leaving until it was resolved and I wanted to see the receipt. The signature was obviously not mine, they removed the charge. We only Valed our car one night, but they charged for 3! Once again they removed the charge. If you stay here, check your bill carefully at check out!

Room Tip: Golf course view from building 2
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
WestinMissionHills, Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear Spot0757,

Thank you for your review. We apologize if you felt our services were not up to par. We strive to offer the best for our guests. We will forward your comments to our departments mention to ensure they are aware. We appreciate your feedback as this allow us to improve our services.
We hope you will give us another opportunity so you may enjoy the wonderful customer service we are well known for.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

i loved this resort. we had a room that faced the fabulous greenery that was the golf course. the rooms were modern and good sized. however they were not bright inside but not dark and gloomy either.
we travelled in mid october and there were only 2 restaurants operating ne offering breakfast and a small selection for dinner and the other open all day and evening (the third is being renovated) but we still had no trouble getting tables. the hotel was about 70% occupancy but as some of that occupancy was a conference they ate at their own meals rather than the restaurants so that may have contributed - in peak season this ease of dining may not have been the same. the $12 continental breakfast buffet was substantial and kids 5 and under ate free. or you could pay $18 for a full buffet pretty much just adding bacon and eggs.
the resort is huge and the villas and hotel share the same property but at different ends of the resort- as hotel guests rather than part of the villas we had access to 3 of the 5 pools. all practically empty. no problem with getting deck chairs. the main pool has 2 water slides and a 'life guard' who entertains the children with a lifeguard programme from 11-4pm. there are 2 ducks that sit in the main pool but the pool isnt obviously full of feathers or duck excrement. i didnt see any ducks in the other 2 pools.
per other reviews i have read i didnt get a tired feel from the resort overall and i am quite picky about aging hotels and cleanliness. even the public conveniences at the pools were clean and well maintained.
we were only here for 3 nights and only ate outside the resort once as there werent any dining options we could find nearby.
as it is so huge they have golf carts that take you from one end to the other. they have golf cart stops but if you want to travel to a restaurant that is at the opposite end you just call reception and they come and pick you up. kids loved this
i would return here in a heartbeat and it is a long way to travel from australia!

we went into palm springs itself on the thursday market night - not sure i would do that again. it is more a craft and fast food market and it is very crowded and it seems that several locals bring their pit bulls to the evening. a bit scary. popular restaurants mostly had long waits for a table - not sure i would bother to go to this again.

we went into the desert in an air conditioned hummer - fantastic!!! our tour ran over time as our guide Bruce aimed to fit everything in. our kids are 5 and 6 and he had them tracking mountain lion prints and tarantula holes. everyone had a fantastic time. i couldnt have the same time without his depth of knowledge and entertaining tour - highly recommended if you havent been into the desert before

Room Tip: try and get a room that faces the golf course otherwise you are facing a car park
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank willea
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Front counter staff not very accomodating, as a matter of fact one staff member assigned me to a room and then when I inquired about staying an extra night using Star points she had to call a supervisor over to try and help me. Come to find out Westin Mission Hills must have 10,000 points earned to get a free night with them ( what a joke ) Then the supervisor changed the room assignment that the first staff member gave me and that is my fault for not asking why she was changing it? I ended up next to a parking lot and across the parking lot is a main road, GREAT !!!!!!! WILL NOT BE HEADED BACK TO THEM ANYTIME SOON.

Room Tip: I would insist on seeing the rooms location and how clean it is before I accept what they gave me.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!