We were here for a conference Jan 17-20. The mountain views really makes one feel very relaxed and at peace. After leaving the restaurant and going down the hall past the lobby, there is a hall where you can see the fountain in the front driveway and the mountains are in the back drop. This is a breath taking view and if you go, you should take this picture.
We stayed in building 12. The resort property is very large. Yes, it is a walk from the restaurant to our room, but after eating such a great meal walking is a good thing.
The room was very nice. We had a 1st floor room with a king bed with the slider opening up to a pool side porch with table and chairs. I had a good night's sleep. The room temperature was very comfortable. The mini bar offerings were extensive, but be ready for $8 for a bottle of Fiji water. The bathroom is probably the largest we have ever had at a hotel. The only down side is that the TV channel selection isn't that extensive; doesn't have USA.
We went to the restaurant and bar for dinner. The restaurant isn't open for dinner until 6pm and doesn't open for breakfast until 7am. If you are traveling from the east coast this can be a problem. On our first night, we ate in the bar, which had the same menu as the restaurant. We had the crab cakes and beef sliders (appetizers) for dinner and that was enough. The beef sliders in particular are excellent!
The conference rooms are nice. I was really surprised at the temperature control. Normally, I freeze in the meeting rooms. This time I was very comfortable.
The staff was very nice. If you want to talk, they are very pleasant. If you want quiet time, they are very respectful of that. The valet parking attendants were always nice and welcoming. They are the first point of contact and set the tone on how you think the rest of the staff is going to be. We didn't use their help, but they remained friendly throughout our stay. I was surprised one morning. There was no one manning the front desk for quiet a while. I do not know if they were in the back room, but I thought that it was unusual to not have someone there. Although, when we checked out the next morning we were served immediately.
We used the fitness room and it was nice. Plenty of fresh towels. The bathrooms were out of order, but that didn't pose a problem for us. They have lots of equipment and plenty of free weights. The yoga mats need to be replaced as they are shedding. We brought our laptop since we are doing P90X and set it up in a large open area that they have in the front. Most hotel fitness room are cramped and have no room for yoga so this was a pleasant surprise.
Overall, this is an excellent property and very convenient to and from the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa is a Palm Springs resort and hotel where the picturesque mountain views and secluded location create the perfect escape. Our Palm Springs hotel is the perfect place to unwind. Enjoy the best Palm Springs Golf on one of our championship courses, lounge at any of our three pools, splash down our 75-foot waterslide or enjoy a delectable meal at one of our Palm Springs restaurant options, including the on-site restaurant Pinzimini. A soothing sanctuary awaits those looking for a rejuvenating desert retreat with our expansive Palm Springs resort spa featuring treatments for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Mission Hills Resort And Spa
- Westin Mission Hills Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Westin Rancho Mirage
- Palm Springs Westin
- Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa Rancho Mirage, CA - California Desert