“Superior service stood out!!”

Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My family and I have stayed here on a couple of occasions and have been treated like royalty every time. The staff is exceptional and the dirty martinis at The Lounge are even better! My children enjoyed the Las Brisas pool and waterslide while me and the father-in-law had a casual day on the Pete Dye golf course. My wife was in the spa and skin care industry for years and says that the day spa is truly magical. All in all, the Westin provides superior bang for the buck when in the desert. If going off site is more your cup of tea, there are casinos, restaurants, sports bars, and a water park within fifteen minutes drive. Take the fam, save some dough, and enjoy all that this place has to offer!

Room Tip: Close to pool and Bella Vista restaurant
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Denise H, Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Dear Murfrus,

Thank you for your raving review. We appreciate all your comments and concerns and hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed September 14, 2011

Once again, had a wonderful, relaxing stay at the Westin Mission Hills Resort. I'm a regular. It's truly my favorite escape from the insanity of LA. I love the property, the rooms, the pool, and the staff. Specifically, i need to give a special thank you to Rafunzel Carreon and David (Las Hadas pool bartender) for their kindness, taking such good care of me. Mahalo!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed at this hotel midweek in August for 2 nights. The design of the hotel is low (2 story buildings) scattered around a golf course and pools. The main pool was great for children, and included a waterside which was a lot of fun. There were a decent number of cabanas surrounding the pool. The main restaurant, Bella Vista, is a great choice for breakfast or an easy dinner. We enjoy going into either Palm Springs or Rancho Mirage for more intimate / local dining. All in all, this is a great family resort style hotel and we plan to stay here again next time we are in Palm Springs.

Room Tip: If you have children, ask for a room in a building near the Las Brisas pool. The property is large...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Denise H, Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Dear Chammill,

Thank you for choosing the Westin Mission Hills Resort for your recent stay.
We appreciate all your comments and concerns.Please do join us again soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I didn't think this hotel was up to the Westin standards at all. The rooms could definitely use some updating and the courtyard areas were really run down. It is set in a beautiful location but can use some TLC. The lobby area and the fitness center were in great shape and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Denise H, Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

Dear Ewatts74,

Thank you for your review. At the Westin, we strive to provide the best possible service for our guests. I'd like to extend my deepest apologies if you felt it was not up to standards. We hope you will give us the opportunity to provide the finest service to ensure your stay with us is most comfortable. Please feel free to contact me directly in the future should you have any questions or concerns, or if I may further assist you with a future stay.

Denise.Harnett@Westin.com

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here during Coachella in April 2011. We got a deluxe King room with a view of the golf course and our room was very spacious. There was a king bed, a seating area, flat screen TV, balcony, and a mini bar. The bathroom was huge too. We absolutely loved the bed - it was so comfortable especially after a long day at the festival. We found it so difficult to wake up in the mornings! The pool area was just alright, nothing to shout about. It was pretty small. We did not eat at the hotel because there are plenty of restaurants about a couple of minutes drive away, and the hotel is about 15 to 20 minutes from the Indian Wells tennis courts where we tok a shuttle to the festival every day. Overall, great hotel and we'll definitely be back next year!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Denise H, Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Dear HelloKimmy,

Thank you for your Trip Response and your feedback. We hope you will join us again soon. Have a lovely day!

The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa

Reviewed September 11, 2011

We have stayed here many, many times over the past several years and this has always been put go-to property when visiting the area. This is a tough review to write, as this two night stay had some problems.

Grounds are beautiful as usual. Staff was friendly, especially golf cart guys who shuttled you wherever you needed to go.

We asked for and received a room in the Jasmine building for an easy walk to the pool.

Now the tough part...

It was a holiday weekend and pool was more crowded than I had ever seen it in the past. My son and I are early risers and decided to take a swim while waiting for everyone else in our room to wake up. We chose two chairs, put our towel and belongings down and got in the water. It was enjoyable and refreshing and we didn't get out of the water for quite a while.

Well, I guess we had been in the water too long without occupying our chairs, because as we went to sit down, a guy came up to us and told us we were lucky we returned when we did as our chairs had been unoccupied for too long and he was ready to bag up our stuiff. I told him we were in the water the whole time and were not chair hogs. Should I have to apologize for enjoying the pool? This old guy's attitude was ridiculous. We then sat and watched him, whom we then referred to as the "pool nazi" constantly pacing around and checking to see how long other guests had been out of their chairs. He even interrogated us about the two vacant chairs next to me, who did they belong to? What did they look like? When did they leave? I DON'T KNOW...I"M HERE TO RELAX, NOT POLICE MY FELLOW GUESTS! It made for a very uncomfortable rest of the day, as we were afraid to go back in the pool for fear of being in there too long. I swear this guy was ticked off about having to work a holiday weekend and was taking it out on people.

Now the really tough part....

I was awakened in the middle of the night to some banging noises. I didn't think anything of it. When I woke up in the morning I figured out what it was. There was a huge (half-dollar sized) cockroach smashed in the bathroom. My husband spotted it in the middle of the night and was chasing it around and stomped on it. When my son went to take a shower, another one crawled out from between the towels.

I discreetly told the front desk about it at checkout and she wanted to know why I hadn't reported it sooner. I told her we didn't see them until that morning. She said something about them coming from the trees and this is the desert so it is to be expected. Huh? I lived in the desert for many years and never encountered a roach before. We figured the bugs came in with the towels we had delivered and I told her they may want to check the laundry room for the source. We left the bugs on the floor and told her she can send management to see them if she didn't believe us. I just thought her response could have been better. I still haven't brought our suitcases into the house, for fear we brought home some unwanted guests.

Would I stay here again.....ummm not sure. While we enjoy ourselves here in the past, it's gonna take awhile to erase the images of those big bugs from my mind.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
WestinMissionHills, Manager at Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Dear Kawill,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all your comments and understand your concerns regarding the pool policy. We do have this policy in place for the comfort and enjoyment of all of our guests. We have communicated your response to the various departments for reivew.

I'd like to extend my personal apologies for the mishaps during your stay and do hope you will give us the opportunity to provide the highest level of service the Westin was founded upon. Should you wish to contact me you may do so at, denise.harnett@westin.com and or 760-770-2105.

We do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed September 11, 2011

August in the desert is a good time to get a great deal. We stayed here one night while passing through. The resort was fairly empty which made the staffing and services minimal. The place is very spread out and requires quite a walk to get to the restaurants, lobby etc. Since it was 117 degrees, we didn't enjoy the walk but needed to find a place to eat. This resort is pretty far out so nothing close by in the way of restaurants. They only had the lobby bar open to get meals so we ended up eating 3 meals there. We wouldn't recommend this place in the summer.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Gonezoe,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all the comments and concerns you have expressed.
We have forwarded your response to the various departments for review.
Please let us know if we may further assist you with a future booking.
We hope to see you again very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Mirage
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage

Been to Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!