“beautiful resort”

Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Reviewed June 16, 2010

twice we have stayed,last year and this year.Both times we had a blast,thats why we came back..planning on another trip at the end of summer.My kids feel safe there and love Splashtopia..Our rooms each time were perfectly clean(i own my own cleaning bus,so im picky) and had a private patio,where my kids could run around on the golf course.Just walking around in the evening,with the lake and fountain and the ducks is so relaxing.Great food,local rest n shops are good..nicest hotel weve been too in a long time..

1  Thank 121,232,171
RanchoLasPalmas, Manager at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2010

Dear 121232171,
Thank you for posting your review! We’re happy to hear that our housekeeping department met your expectations in your guestroom and that you were able to relax here at Rancho. We hope to see you again at the end of the summer!

There are newer reviews for Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Reviewed June 12, 2010

First let me say we saw locals trying to sneak into the pool area. Consider when reading the reviews (all of which I read before going to this place) some reviews may have been left by angry high school kids who got kicked out. I read the negative reviews so I'd be prepared for the worst. I also read the positive so I would benefit from tips :) Upon entering the place I was expecting the worst and wow was I surprised!!! I was hopeful it would be wonderful and that's why I went, but this place exceeded my expectations by far!!! Of course when they are at full capacity it was crowded, duh.... But the staff was exceptional on every occasion. There were small bumps in our trip, but they handled everything perfectly. AND we ended up staying longer since we were having so much fun. Nothing is perfect, but with the right attitude anything can be fun. Honestly, a few things went wrong where I could see someone blowing it way out of proportion, but they staff did everything they could to fix things so it's not even worth mentioning. We were upgraded upon entry because they had room and we had a double-stroller (no elevators so we needed ground floor). David at the front desk was funny and helpful in every single way. The restaurant delivered our special orders perfectly. There was one black out for 1 hour and the restaurant apologized and paid for meal. The pool was perfect. There was always cold water, ice & towels ready and available. The one time they ran out of towels a girl RAN to get more. People constantly offered to help me carry towels, water, my bags around the pool. By the end of the stay the staff knew my name:) The lifeguards were helpful and professional while taking care of themselves by drinking water all day. Our room was wonderful (not perfect, but they made it perfect). I wish I could write more, but I have 2 small kids who need me now. I had to take the time to write a good review after seeing the locals cause a scene and say some pretty crazy stuff. Oh and the noise, I couldn't hear the kids at the "no kids" pool. It was heaven ;) Everyone needs a break. lol Tips: search for discount & check their local costco for gift certs. :) You'll love me!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank losthunter

Dear losthunter,
Thank you for posting this amazing review! We’re very glad to hear that our staff was able to assist you with the situations that arose and also with trying to make your stay more enjoyable. It’s nice to hear that David provided your family with great service; we will be sure to let him know! We hope that you’ll be able to come back and visit again soon, the Costco cards will be available through the rest of the summer! ;)

Reviewed June 10, 2010

Let me start of with a little about me so you know where I am coming from...I am a CEO of a mid sized corporation and I am extremely picky about my hotel accommodations. My husband warns the bell man not to touch the bags until I have given the "green light" on our room. I have a family with 4 kids ages 9, 6, 4 years and a 5 months old.

We moved to this hotel from another that I was not happy at. I will review that one as well it was the J.W. Marriott and it was beautiful but did not work for my family. More about that in a separate review. So here it is in my format:

The Good:

The hotel was small (compared to others like the J.W.) but it was very charming and tastefully remodeled.
The room was pristine and I mean it. I am a stickler for unclean rooms and this one sparkled! We had a room near the pool area aka "Splashtopia". It was on the back side but not across the parking lot. We had an upstairs room. We could see the entrance to the pool park. I am not a big fan of water parks but this one was actually really nice and not tacky like so many of them. There was also a huge pool for those who just wanted to "splash around" or actually swim.

The hotel was pretty full, and we were lucky to get a room on a walk in bases. Luckily it was not too crowded at the pools and the second day after 4 PM it was actually pretty empty which was great.

The "Splashtopia" park was perfect for my kids. It was small enough that my husband and I could keep track of all my kids without anxiety. There was a "lazy river" and 2 medium sized water slides. I think teens would be bored with it, but it was perfect for a young family.

They had 2 restaurants on site. One, more like a snack bar by the pool and the other was a nice restaurant with good food and good service but the dark black and I think red or purple art deco 80's motif turned me off. We only ate there for lunch once. We did eat at Bing Crosby's for dinner and I will review that later. It was EXCELLENT!

The staff at this hotel was extremely friendly and helpful. The housekeepers were right on it. Again, I am picky. I called for extra towel and they were delivered immediately! (It's the little things.) They also will pick you up on a golf cart if you need to get somewhere in a hurry. You could easily walk around but we used the golf cart a few times because it was hot and we didn't want to walk with the "baby".

I will write more later if I am allowed to edit this. This is my second review. I am doing this because I have used Trip Advisor to find other hotels and I feel it's "my duty" to contribute some too. lol

Also, I want to give credit where credit is due and vent about any bad experiences. None at this hotel I might add.

The bad:

None, other than next time we will plan ahead and book a ground floor closer to the pool.

The ugly:

None!

1  Thank MelissaBradley

Dear MelissaBradley,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We’re very happy that we were able to accommodate you and your family on short notice and that our staff was able to meet your needs and assist you with everything you required. We hope that you will be able to come back and stay with us again very soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2010

I was here to attend a conference of not quite 400 people.

First off, every single staff person that I had an interaction with was friendly and appeared to be genuinely concerned that I was having a good experience. Housekeeping offered to fill our sink with ice later in the afternoon so that our drinks wouldn't get cold. The restaurant offered to recook our food and bring it to our room when they forgot to include it in a to go order. I make a couple calls to the front desk for things I had forgotten and everything was delivered to my room very promptly. Conference services were very responsive when we expressed a need for anything (eg, handtrucks, water glasses) and hotel AV staff were checking AV setup at the beginning of every meeting and working with every speaker to make sure the speakers were comfortable and set with AV needs. For a meeting of 400, the facilities were great. Meeting rooms are mostly centered around a meeting room 'lobby' so that it was easy for people to network during breaks and to get to their rooms and they were just far enough from the hotel lobby that you didn't feel you were intruding into public space.

The hotel rooms appear to have been recently renovated and all rooms have either a golf course or pool view. Flat-screen TV and in-room wireless (although the "free" wireless was very limited bandwidth...it would timeout on me frequently). The resort is fairly compact, 5-minute walk at most from any room to the lobby. I didn't try the spa facilities and I'm not a golfer, so can't comment on the course that surrounds the resort. Splashtopia is 2 slides, a short lazy river (not relaxing), a kids water play area and a pool. That area was fairly crazy with families and I was told it can get pretty unmanageable during the holidays. Adult pool was always calm and never crowded.

As with most resorts, the prices are jacked up. If you don't want to pay resort prices for meals/shopping, there is a shopping mall (The River) that is a 5-minute walk from the resort entrance that has a range of dining and shopping options. The resort cafe is reasonably good and not too expensive, the restaurant is overpriced and the one dinner I had there was not great (although others said that there food was good, so I think it was just a bad choice on my part). The food was quite good at catered events (breakfast, banquet, reception).

Overall an excellent experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Dear SeattleRedBear,
Thank you for posting your review! We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed Rancho and that the layout of the meeting space as well as our staff meet the needs to assist in making your conference a success. We hope that you’ll have the opportunity to return again soon!

Reviewed June 1, 2010

Nice hotel over all. But we had bad time checking in. 1st off they gave us a room that was still occupied and my children and spouse walked in on a couple. We had all of our luggage in hand. We were completely embarrassed! So they gave us another room. The keys did not work, so I called the service desk to let us in and they never showed up. Not such a relaxing start to our mini vacation. The front desk just said they were sorry and were laughing as I walked away after telling them our predicament. They wasted about 2 hours of our time which lis very limited. We aren't picky people by all means and would've liked an apology form the manager or something. Want be recommending this hotel to my friends based on service.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
RanchoLasPalmas, Manager at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2010

Dear arnettdesigns,
Thank you for posting your review. We are very sorry that you had such a bad experience when checking in. We will be sending your comments to the front desk manager to guard against this in the future. We hope that you’ll try Rancho Las Palmas again so we can give you the service you deserve.
Management at Rancho Las Palmas

Reviewed May 30, 2010

NEWLY RENOVATED. First class. I am a 5 star snob and very picky. This hotel satisfied all my requests and wishes. Congrats.
Great entertainment for people of all ages. Awesome sports facilities and food was good.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Dear dwarly,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We’re glad that Rancho was able to meet your expectations and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed May 29, 2010

We stayed at the resort in May 2010 and can't wait to go back next year. The accommodations and friendly staff were among the best I have ever experienced. Not only were the rooms nice, but the golf course and pools were above expectations. I would definitely recommend this resort, if you want to be pampered.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Bplumo,
Thank you for posting your review! It’s great to hear that you had a great time at Rancho and everything exceeded your expectations! Please come and stay with us again soon!
Management at Rancho Las Palmas

Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!