“Great location, beautiful room...”

Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Reviewed December 11, 2009

This was a great little weekend getaway for my husband and myself. I have stayed in Rancho Mirage/Indian Wells for many years now, but this was my first trip to the Rancho Las Palmas. It’s a smaller hotel, and quite lovely. The grounds are immaculate and the rooms are quite luxurious with coffee/tea and robes for your stay there. Everything felt very clean, and the lobby was quite beautiful.

My husband and I got a package deal for $100 towards food purchases, spa services, etc. We ended up using ours on a massage for me (that’s why I love my hubby), and it was wonderful! The spa has the most luxe, comfy robes, and very good amenities. I enjoyed the experience very much. Lupe gave a great deep-tissue!

Another great part about this hotel is its location. For those of you familiar with the area, it is right across the street from The River, the best place to be in town. They have great restaurants (we love Babe’s BBQ,) shops, bookstores, etc. I found this a big plus that we could walk right across the street to it.

If anything slightly negative had to be said about this place, it is the lack of privacy in the bathroom. There is a sliding door, but it has slats in it. No one can see in, but you can hear every single thing that is going on in and outside of the bathroom. The shower also has one side of it that is glass, so two people can’t really be in the bathroom at the same time if one is taking a shower (and you feel uncomfortable being seen naked…would apply more if you came here with someone other than your spouse.) I also think the rooms are a bit too pricey for what you are getting.

I hear they have a great water park at the hotel (lazy river, inner tube rides, etc.), but my hubby and I didn’t take our bathing suits since we figured it was December. I was told, however, that the water is kept at 80 degrees year round, so enjoy!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank faithc
RanchoLasPalmas, Manager at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2009

Dear faithc,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we greatly appreciate it.

We've forwarded your comment about our therapist Lupe to our Spa Management team - she is one of our best! Glad to hear you enjoyed our location, just a few steps away fom The River, complete with restaurants, shopping and movie theaters, we love being so close!

We have heard similar comments regarding the bathroom and will be looking at some ways to make them more comfortable and private in the near future.

Thank you again for taking the time to post.

Best Regards,
Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

There are newer reviews for Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Reviewed December 2, 2009

Very nice resort! Everyone was very friendly. So close to town and all the great shops and restaurants! The restaurant here is very good and the spa was fantastic!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank lem210
Reviewed November 26, 2009

Stopped here for a few days on our California trip for some relaxation and tranquility and got exactly what we were looking for! What an absolutely beautiful place to stay which only matches the beauty of the surrounding area. We had a room with a view of the golf course and mountains which couldn't have been more breathtaking. Loved the patio which we sat on every morning eating our breakfast and enjoying the view. Splashtopia was wonderful and so much fun. The food at BluEmber and the pool bar was delicious and once again the view was amazing. Loved the setup that makes you feel like you're living in a gated community. Also felt like a queen at the spa. The only bad thing was that we had to leave!

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank melon1026
Reviewed November 23, 2009

A very disappointing resort. Our room had many stains on the carpet, broken screen door, and no soundproofing. We were kept awake and wakened early by the occupants above and beside us. We could not find a pool chair cushion that wasn't badly stained.
The worst part is that the management didn't care that they had put us in a room that was unbearably noisy (even though the resort had lots of empty rooms) and that we were inconvenienced having to move rooms. A letter to the management has gone unanswered for 11 days. People with children might not mind the resort, but if you want a quiet and clean holiday where the staff care about you - don't stay here.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KristaYVR
Reviewed November 11, 2009

I loved the resort, it was clean, the staff were incredibly friendly and professional. I had the best massage I've ever had from massage therapist Juan at the spa. And believe me, I've had a lot of massages in my life. My kids loved the water park, the restaurant was excellent, and we all had such a nice and relaxing time I cannot WAIT to go back!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank squeekybrain
Reviewed November 8, 2009

I had booked Rancho Las Palmas based on photos and TripAdvisor reviews. I always hate when the pictures are better online than in person. So, my husband and I were pleasantly surprised when we drove up and saw the hotel. The front desk workers were nice. Our room was very spacious with a view of the golf course. Splashtopia was fun and if we had kids would have been perfect for them. We had a $50 credit for breakfast at bluEmber...we were lucky to have this credit because the prices were very pricey.. continental breakfast was at least $14 (even though the menu said it was $12?). We used the spa and it was excellent. Clean facilities. A private pool area for spa only guests. I wish we could have spent an extra day!! It was the most relaxing getaway we've ever had. We would recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lucylu888
Reviewed November 6, 2009

I have never written a review before, usually because it isn't worth my time. Today I just felt like I needed to help out fellow travelers who rely on this website for real reviews. (or for management that reads reviews to improve their resort) To start with I brought a group of people to celebrate a birthday. First off we were booked in an inappropriate area for our group. The hotel was only at 30% occupancy, but we were given the lower choice buildings. They moved us to much better buildings after we asked, so they did have the rooms available. This process at check-in took at least 25 minutes, which is ridiculous. I felt like she was trying to wear me out, so I would accept the first rooms. For the record "newly renovated" is a loose term. The lobby, spa, and restaurant look great, but the rooms could be better. They do have a nice pool area, but beware of Naomi (the reason I was compelled to write this review) the self-appointed head of the Splashtopia wristband police. I guess there are some employees who have that complex where they just need to put guests in their place. I came up to check on a cabana rental I had the following day (so obviously I am a guest of the hotel) but instead of helping me I get this retort "So you know you need your wristband to be out here? Otherwise we are going to have to call security and have you escorted out." I thought to myself are you freaking kidding me?? I explained I had forgotten it, but would go get it. She had to throw in a final retort about the wristband not ruining my tan lines. I wasn't expecting to be above the rules, but there must be a better way to approach the need for a wristband other than the threat of security. So here it is: NAOMI out at the pool "Just so you know, you need to have hotel guests for this hotel to thrive and you for you to have a job."I didn't want some big apology or a resort credit, i just wanted to write a review based on my experience. It just takes one person to ruin a vacation and Naomi went out of her way. Thanks for pushing me over the edge.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!