“Will Stay Here Everytime!”

Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Orange County, Ca
“Will Stay Here Everytime!”
Reviewed October 16, 2005

I go to the desert every year and usually stay at the Marriott Dessert Springs which is a great hotel. My first time @ Rancho Las Palmas was excellent and I plan on staying here every time in the future. It is the best locatiopn in the desert being accross the street from the River (Great dining, shops, theater) and right off Hwy 111 with convenient access to all the other fine dining & shopping. The room was very nice with BOTH a mini bar and refrigerator, 2 queen beds and a sofa bed!

• Stayed October 2005
1 Thank Rastro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Korean first
Rockport, Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2005

Without the on-line incredible price deal my daughter got ($125/room) for a group of rooms for a family/friends gathering, this place would have been priced way too high for us and probably not worth the high room price. The first room my daughter and husband got smelled moldy, but perhaps that's because when all of us entered our rooms, the air conditioning was turned off and the air stale. Beds were very comfortable with thick puffy mattress pads. Nice golf course view for my room, my daughter's room had lagoon view. Restaurant is high priced, especially breakfast - need to have less expensive, lighter breakfast choices. Dinner lasagne I had was very good, especially the smoked/grilled portobello mushrooms topping the lasagne. The pool was nice to lounge around, the "big" slide was just a twisty water slide, not as huge as I imagined by the hotel's bragging of having the largest water slide in the area. Although the rooms were supposed to have refrigerators (and all the others in my party had one), my room did not have one, except the locked mini-bar (which is in addition to the refrigerator and I had declined the key because I had my own drinks). I had purchased some snacks and wished I had the promised refrigerator. Overall, we had a very nice 3-night stay.

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank TXRed
belgium
Reviewed October 5, 2005

Very nice hotel, good situation, staaf very friendly. I want there to return as soon as possible. de AC is little noisy.
Too much people has the swimming pool during the weekend. 65$ the very good rate

Stayed August 2005
2 Thank fabi*from*belgium
Boise
Reviewed September 26, 2005

The Las Palmas Marriott is a great resort. I stayed for 3 nights attending a conference in the hotel. The rooms are well appointed. Despite what I read here, there are darkening shades. They are behind the sheer curtains next to the window. The two outer curtains that do not close all the way are purely for decoration. Service at the hotel is standard for Marriott, although I found the staff to be very friendly. Every time we passed through the hotel lobby, we were always greated with a hotel. Every request was met - extra pillows, turn down service, two newspapers in the morning, late check-out, shuttle service on golf carts to your room, etc. I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!