I took my three kids ages 9, 9, and 4 to Rancho Las Palmas because of Splashtopia and wasn't all that impressed. I found it to be average at best. We were there midweek and were shocked by the crowds, especially because we were told that it was much less full than it is on the weekends. The lazy river was packed with people floating in their inner tubes. It was so full that you barely moved through it and got stuck because you were bumping into people constantly. My 4 year old was extremely disappointed because he wasn't allowed to go on either slide due to the "overly" strict height requirement ( 47" or 48") which is about the size of your average 7 year old. That's really unfortunate for all the 4,5, and 6 year olds who love water slides. The pool service was terrible until we tipped one of the pool waiters very generously. From that point on, we got the royal treatment and he was at our beck and call. But it didn't look like the other guests were getting the service that they also deserved. When we initially made our reservation, my friend and I requested connecting rooms which we were assured that we had received at check-in, so we drove on over to our rooms and got all the luggage out - to find that the rooms were near each other but not connected. We called the front desk and asked to be moved to connecting rooms and were told that a bellboy would be sent right over to move us. After waiting for 30 minutes we called the front desk again and were told that it would only be another five or ten minutes. We finally were moved to connecting rooms but were annoyed by the whole situation. We asked for some sheets for the pull out couch and received dirty linens with a old sunflower seed stuck to it. It was these little things that put me off of the hotel. However, saying this, it wasn't a terrible place and we still had a good time, so I wouldn't say to cancel your reservations - just be aware of some of these mishaps because they could happen to you.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Omni Hotels & Resorts, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Las Palmas Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Rancho Las Palmas Resort And Spa
- Rancho Las Palmas Resort Spa
- Rancho Palmas Resort
- Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa Rancho Mirage, CA - California Desert