“Love this hotel! First time back since it became Omni”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Temecula, California
“Love this hotel! First time back since it became Omni”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was my first time back since Omni purchased it but I stay here every time. It is great for kids even though this was a business trip this time. The gift shop is a gem and although pricey, the kids section has some amazing hard to find items that will amaze. The hotel still has amazing standards. Another win!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Korean first
laguna hills
Reviewed September 25, 2013

the rancho las palmas hotel in rancho mirage is the best hotel to stay while in the desert. No one will treat you and your family like they will. If you have children to enjoy the spash pool for children, or just enjoying the adult pool you will enjoy beyond your dreams. The hotel is just across the street from the river walk, which has resturants, movie theater, and many shops to enjoy. You will not be unhappy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Pasadena, California
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We chose the Omni Rancho Las Palmas primarily because it was the venue of a wedding that we were attending and because of our amazing experiences staying at other Omni hotels. After our stay, we have found our new hotel in the Palm Springs area.
The hotel is laid out in the typical large resort pattern with the facilities and the rooms spread out. However, its not too far of a distance to any one part of the property. If you need it, there are golf carts that can transport you throughout the property.
The pool is a real experience and my son loved playing around in the little kids area. Bluember was delicious and was one of the better dining experiences of the other hotels that we have stayed at in the area. The resorts location is conducive to outside dining options as well, if you choose to leave the property.
Most importantly, the service and genuine smiles from all of the associates was great. Our room was spacious and clean; a testament to the Housekeeping staff. A special kudos to Paige, the Front Office manager, who helped me change some dates around and recommend fun activities for us to do. A true hospitality professional.
It was an enjoyable weekend, and we look forward to our future trip back.

Red Rock, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Beautiful resort located next to mall and several dining options love this place and would return for business or pleasure the staff is well trained and very friendly everyone goes above and beyond especilly the bell staff!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

San Diego, United States
Reviewed September 22, 2013

So here's the thing: drove up from San Diego for a mini "vacation" with my 7 year old. I picked the Omni resort for ONE reason only: Splashtopia. Figured my daughter could have a great time, while Mommy had a nice time sipping Chardonnay from the pool bar. Check in was 3:00. We arrived a half hour early AND the line at the front desk had 30 people in it with only 2 working front desk, so we ate some lunch. Afterward, the valet who parked my car noticed we still had NOT checked in, so completed express check in for us. AWESOME! Tipped him $20 and we headed to the room. Honestly we weren't there long enough for me to give you specifics, but room seemed nice enough. We changed and headed to Splashtopia (the reason for the stay in the first place). By this time it was around 3:30. I got a glass (cup) of Chardonnay from the pool bar and we found some lawn chairs by the pool. Ahh..so nice to relax. Lazy river was awesome and my 7 year old had so much fun on the slides! About 4:30 she asked if I'd get her a Shirley Temple. Sure! I hadn't seen ANY wait staff around the pool, so I headed to the pool bar. I ordered her a ST and me a glass of Chard. Only to be told "We don't have that." "What do you mean?" I asked, "I was just here an hour ago and you poured me a cup of chardonnay." "Well, we're out." Apparently the WHOLE bar was out of white wine. Hmmm. Next, the bar tender told me I could walk over to the restaurant for wine and handed me a plastic cup. Okay? So, I did. Anyone who has ever stayed at the Omni knows the bluEmber restaurant is NOT close to Splashtopia. When I arrived the female bartender looked at me in horror as I told her my story and comped my drink. Very nice of her. By this time I'd left my 7 yr old alone for a good 20 mins. Well, not really ALONE, there were 200 people at the water park. When I got back she said, "That took forever!" I apologized and said, "I know, I'm sorry. Let's have some fun!" Now it was 4:50. We walked up to go down the slide together. "Sorry, we're closing up," said one of the life guards. WWHHHAAATTT?!!!!! "It's 5:00 on a SATURDAY," I said. "Yep, we're on WINTER hours right now." SO my retort, "This is Palm Springs. It's 100 degrees outside. There IS NO WINTER!!" Now I was so annoyed, I marched right to the front desk and explained the situation to the manager. He didn't want to, but he refunded our money and we drove back to San Diego. At least I think he refunded our money. I haven't check my statement yet. SO, lesson learned: check the hours of the amenities BEFORE you book a hotel room. We won't be back to stay at the Omni, but the whole hour of fun they allowed us were great! Next tie we stay at Harrahs. I hear they're lazy river is open until 9 in the winter. Still, I'm calling BEFORE I book it.

3 Thank Heather Y
La Jolla, United States
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Great Family accommodations!!!Perfect for a last minute get away( we live in San Diego). Arrived on a Sunday-Tuesday, and was able to check in early. This resort is wonderful if you have children. Our 2 yrs old loves the sandbox/beach area, lazy river and splashtopia, so do we. Plenty of lounging by the pool space, friendly Staff and Food is excellent in the resort.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

RanchoLasPalmas, Manager at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Lisa W,
It's great that you were able to join us for a quick trip! We're glad you and your family enjoyed everything the resort has to offer! The sandy beach is a real hit with the little ones, and let's face it, the adults too! Thank you for posting your review and staying with us!
Wiltshire, England
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Rancho Mirage is an amazing place - my wife and I drove here from Fallbrook over the Pines to Palms Highway, and watched the temperature gauge on the car go from 84F to 104F as we traversed the stunning desert landscape before descending to the Palm Springs area. IT IS HOT OUT HERE!

The Rancho Las Palmas resort sits on a huge plot of land and includes a golf course. The site includes restaurants, a couple of boutique shops, bars, swimming pools and many other things. We sampled the adult pool, which was terrific, and the lazy river, which I was hugely excited about; it lived up to its reputation, and I thoroughly enjoyed floating around and keeping cool for an hour or two. One section of the lazy river has a mister on a bridge, which provides an additional level of cooling.

Anyway, onto the accommodation - we got an upgrade in the 400 block of the hotel, on the first floor, and the room was TERRIFIC. Spacious, cool, with its own private balcony, and a large and super-comfortable bed. The bathroom was terrific too, with marble (or maybe marble effect!) surfaces and good quality bath products with a lovely mango scent (all of which can be purchased in the boutique). There was a fridge in the room too, which was great for keeping our food and drinks cool. We could not have been happier with our room!

The staff are all great too; particular thanks to Alejandra and the gentlemen who served our DELICIOUS breakfast. We got a room deal which included a $50 breakfast voucher and I had the most amazing french toast with California berries, and freshly squeezed orange juice. Big thanks also to the lady on reception when we checked out - I think her name was Patricia. She was so warm and friendly and she deserves a service award for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CotswoldFish
Dear CotswoldFish,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor! We're so glad to hear that Alejandra and Patricia provided you with great service and our pools were able to cool you off! We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Mirage
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!