“LOVE THIS RESORT!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Agoura Hills, United States
“LOVE THIS RESORT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We spent three of the BEST days this summer at Rancho Las Palmas. We LOVED it there! We had so much fun -- the pool, the lazy river, the water slides and beach area. What an awesome family place to visit. My kids were in heaven, and my husband and I couldn't have been happier. Wonderful service, beautiful hotel. Love it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

RanchoLasPalmas, Manager at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Denise H,

Wow, we loved hearing your best summer days so far have been spent right here at the resort! It is great that the entire family enjoyed all the pool amenities. Thank you for sharing your experience and choosing to bring your family to stay with us.

Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Korean first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

loved, loved, loved this hotel !!!, grounds are beautiful and very well kept ..had food from palms cafe for breakfast which was lovely , didn`t use the Blue Ember restaurant, lazy river and pool are great , does get busy at weekends but so does most places .Our room was beautiful over looking golf course , huge room and clean , staff all pleasant , would defo recommend . The River complex over road was very good , lots of places to eat and lvly surroundings

Dear pauline d,

Thank you for sharing the details of your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear of your complete satisfaction and recommendation to stay with us! We do hope we'll have the chance to provide the same wonderful experience for you again in the future.

Omni Rancho Las Palmas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The reason this hotel was chosen was because of children's, age 4 & 8; desire to go to hotel's splashtopia water park feature.
The hotel's website promotes the lazy river, two waterslides, and pool.
The site does not mention age or size restrictions.
After going on larger slide 3 times, the 4 year old was denied access to smaller slide because she was not 42 inches tall.
I observed many children smaller than her being allowed..
The hotel agreed the policy was being applied in a random and not uniform manner and removed "resort" charges.
The lazy river seemed more like being in a traffic jam on the infamous Los Angeles 405 freeway.
Other than that, the rooms, the property and the staff are all good.
Parents be aware, the splastopia restrictions are not listed on hotel website

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank BackSeatPilot
Dear BackSeatPilot,

Thank you for recent review. It sounds like there were some inconsistencies at Splashtopia regarding the pool and we apologize the height requirement wasn't made more clear. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the property, found the rooms comfortable and the staff friendly. We appreciate you choosing to bring your family here for a summer getaway and hope to see you all again in the future.

Chino Hills, Calif
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My daughter & I went up for her birthday. Her best friend & her mom joined us. We were very excited to go since I heard a lot of great reviews of this resort. We were disappointed with the room & pool. Th room had two queen beds in it that were so tiny I was glad that my daughter was small. The bathroom felt like you had no privacy because of the slated door. The pool area was so dirty! The pool it self had trash in it & looked like it wasn't filtered. I will say the waitreses worked their behinds off in the heat. I just wished they had someone who went around picking up the plates from those people who felt they were too good to toss their own food away. If you didn't get out at the pool 30 min before they opened you wouldn't get a chair. I have stayed at resorts in the area that were much cleaner than this one. I wouldn't stay here again or recommend it.

• 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank ginarella
Dear ginarella,

We appreciate you sharing the details of your stay. We wish we could have provided the most memorable birthday possible, for your daughter, and a wonderful stay for the rest of you. We have shared this review with the pool staff and management, as we know how important it is to provide a clean and safe environment for guests, even in the busiest of times. Thank you for choosing stay with us to celebrate the special occasion.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have stayed here 3 times and likely won't be returning. The last time we were there, the pool, the paths and the resturaunts were all FILLED with children. We stopped swimming there and only swam at my aunts pool, because there was no room. Crying babies and busy families were everywhere. The food at the pool was expensive and average, but fantastic staff. Breakfast was again expensive but probably the best I've ever had, great staff. The boys all loved golfing and said it was nice, but kids were running around and playing soccer in the middle of the holes, which is extremely dangerous and unprofessional. But it is a great location with lots of shopping, hiking, and amazing resturaunts nearby.

Room Tip: Don't get one by the pool!!!!!! Request being on the golf course.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Vacationlifechick
Dear Vacationlifechick,

Thank you for sharing the details of your stay. We are sorry to hear the busy pool atmosphere got in the way of your relaxing vacation, as we understand it can be very lively at times! It is great to hear our staff upheld the dedication to provide great service, and how wonderful that our breakfast was one of your favorites. We have notified our directors regarding the less than safe activities occurring on the golf course and appreciate you bringing that to our attention. Thank you so much for your repeat business and we do hope to have the chance to wow you once again.

Omni Rancho Las Palmas
Huntington Beach, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is our 3rd time at this hotel and while I think our kids are starting to outgrow this stage this is a great place to bring the family if you want to spend the whole day at the pool and not get bored.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Jessie Q
Dear Jessie Q,

Thank you for bringing your family to visit us again! It is great to hear that your children have been thoroughly entertained upon each stay. We appreciate your great review and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I'll start off by saying that this resort is way too overrated for what it was and it's your average hotel with WAY too many people.
1) RIP OFF:Since it's a large resort, and there's only one family pool, it's obvious that you might be located far from the pool. The concierge at the front desk made it seem like you had to walk a far distance to reach the pool and "upgraded'' our room to what was supposedly a closer location for $50 more per night. Later I found out that not only was it not that far to walk to, but you can also use a golf cart to get to the pool area. Not only this, but the majority of the entrance gates weren't accessible because they were locked, so we had to walk all the way around to get to the pool.
2) OVERCROWDED: Since I have a 10 year old, I assumed that the slide and lazy river would be great way to have fun while my older daughter and I "relax" by the pool. Well, let me tell you, there were so many people that the lazy river wasn't even moving the way it was supposed to. All you saw were heads. Later, I decided to find some chairs by the pool, which took me about a good 15 minutes until someone finally left. Not only is it horridly hot, but you have to find your way around the hundreds of people that were gathered around the pool area. Every time we wanted to go into the pool, we were either getting smacked alongside our heads with a beach ball or having to migrate to another area because people were constantly shoving. No courtesy, whatsoever.
3) LOUD & NOT RELAXING: I decided to relax a on the chairs by the pool but it seemed like no matter how hard I tried, with all the people and the children's screaming, there was no way to even try to enjoy my trip.
4) EXPENSIVE: For the amount of money you spend per night, you would assume AT LEAST their food would be somewhat worth it. Lunch for 3 people included 2 Caesar salads (which were whatever), 2 cokes(ice filled up to the rim with a few splashes of coke), a distasteful "pina colada" and a smoothie was $75. You tell me if that's worth it.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting it to be all that peaceful considering that it's a family resort, but it was one of the worst trips I've ever taken. If you're going to spend a large amount of money, I recommend staying at the JW Marriot which is about 2 miles away or any other hotel. I don't know if it was this crowded due to the fact that it's in the middle of summer, but if you're still planning on going, don't have too high expectations.

4 Thank laaala399
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
#2 of 8 in Rancho Mirage
4.5 of 5 stars 692 reviews
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa

Been to Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!