“Nice resort”

Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I am a little late writing this review as I stayed here in October 2012 for a conference. However, I had a good experience and wanted to share. The resort is a sprawling complex with multiple buildings scattered about. My room was on the second floor in a building that overlooked the golf course on the western edge of the resort. There are no elevators so if you have mobility issues, request a first floor room. The bellman drove me and my luggage in a golf cart to my room and he carried my bag upstairs and got it all situated for me inside the room. He told me to call for a cart anytime I needed it but found that walking the grounds to the meeting rooms for the conference was a nice way to break up all the sitting inside I was doing.

The room is large and had a good-sized balcony that overlooked the golf course and the mountains. I was very pleased with my view. Inside, the large king bed and furniture were in that California rustic style. The bath was a little narrow and was probably not updated since the 70s but there was a certain charm about it. There was even a dressing table oppose the sink. The water pressure was great for saying it's the desert. I appreciated the ceiling fan because that allowed me to shut off the AC (for once) and sleep with the door to the balcony open to enjoy the cool desert night.

You can walk across the street to the large shopping complex where there is a movie theater and some restaurants. I found that a convenient option for escaping the resort and get a break from the conference. I just enjoyed finding time to sit on my balcony and watch the golfers...

Housekeeping was good and my room smelled clean every time I walked in. While I did not get to enjoy the pool area, I did walk by and it looked like lots of fun for families, that being said, I was also very glad my room was no where near it. Every staff member I interacted with were friendly and efficient. I have no complaints about my experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lakeflyer

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time, we came for the river pool only problem was we were told by two seperate people that the river pool closed at seven and it closed at six right when the other half of our group got there.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank JELewis53
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We came here for a family get away on the recommendation of friends and we won't be asking them again. I'm not even sure where to start so I just will. There is construction going on which they don't inform you of, but still think its ok to charge over $240 a night. There are birds everywhere and I've been coming to PS for years & don't recall seeing a bird ever & there are so many that i got pooped on--I'm not so upset by that because I'm told its good luck, however I'm still waiting for that to pay off but there is bird poo everywhere. There was a couple in the KIDS pool area who decided that having sex on a lounge chair would be appropriate, yes sex right in front of whoever was there to witness. A family who rather than taking their child up to their room for a nap decided to hold their kids head under the water as punishment. The pool mgr (Armando) & the front desk mgr don't correspond so you're unsure who to complain to & they certainly aren't working together to be sure the hotel is being run well from all angles. The front desk mgr didn't know about the goings on at the pool area. "the life Guards are there to save lives not control the guests behavior" then don't have the $99 deal and you won't get .99 cent clientele. The drinks are mediocre at best & the food is awful. At least have great drinks if the food is awful and if you're going to charge at least $12 for a cocktail. It has so much potential but until they get a mgmt team that works together and can make sure that if there are leaks the clientele can't see them, this place is only going to be as good as its mgmt. I'm not in hotel mgmt but I promise you I would have this place in tip top shape. We will take our Palm Springs business to more reputable places and won't mind paying the extra money.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank JackeeMilkDuds
Reviewed June 9, 2013

loved our memorial day weekend stay. we have stayed here many times but especially enjoyed this stay. we got the breakfast package so the family enjoyed the breakfast each morning (outstanding!). we enjoyed the dive-in movies at night. the kids went to see the magician during the daytime when they weren't swimming or spending time on the kids island. and we concluded our final night with a fantastic dinner at the blue embers restaurant.... excellent meal and service!
can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: we had a pool room by the lazy river. loved it! was able to sit on the patio while the baby rested b...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We have traveled to the Coachella Valley over 100 times. We typically do our tennis group outings twice per year and stay at the Shadow Mountain Resort in Palm Desert; however, this time, we chose the Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa with 42 of our tennis playing friends. This resort is magnificient. The rooms are spread throughout the resort, generally in two-story buildings overlooking the greenbelts, golf course and/or pool areas. Thus, you have several different room choice options. Our room happened to look over the central waterway pond in the golf course. The interiors are upgraded and in great condition. You will not get a refrigerator without paying $25/night. Those little mini-bar pay as you go broke are a bit irritating, but you do not have to fall into that trap. The grounds are gorgeous, the common areas are well-kept and the parking is unit-close. The central building has two gift shops and two restaurants. There are way too many pools to count, but the mainstay is the central pool with two water slides and the lazy river, where you grab your tube and just float and de-stress. Anticipate that you will burn your feet on the concrete, and take appropriate footwear. I hear tale of a spa, but we never made it there. The project is across the street from The River shopping center, so you have restaurants nearby (although lousy management has caused huge sections of the shopping center to go dark and vacant as of June 2013).

KSL Management has trained every employee on customer service. You will get a "hello" from the staff, the gardeners and everyone else. Every hotel staff should be trained this way. Go there, you will NOT be disappointed.

Room Tip: You have a wide choice of view rooms from green belts to pool to parking lot. Ask a lot of question...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My travelling pal and I ventured to Rancho Mirage fo a 3 night stay before Memorial Day. The resort was clean, and beautiful. The resorts main attraction other than golf is there Splashtopia water park. We checked it out and saw alot of very happy excited kids and alot of tired parents. The food at the resort was good but a little pricey. Our room was a corner upstairs unit with a balcony. There were a couple of broken tiles on the bathroom floor. We had problems with our tv the first night , but it was fixed immediately. The staff was courteous and helpful. The spa is beautiful and there are a couple of stores within the resorts for specialty spa items as well as sundries and essentials you might forget. We had a great time and there are many shops and restaurants across the street at the Riverwalk Mall.

Room Tip: If you want quiter accomodations try bldg 6 upstairs. The units near the waterpark and on the ground...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ann K
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great hotel to take the family. The kids pool area is fantastic and will keep you busy all day long. Expect the pool area to be crowded and if you can deal with that then you will enjoy your time. Across the street is a great mall with lots of food choices and a theater. Not an inexpensive weekend trip but if you book right, not too expensive either. Overall, a great time was had by all.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!