I am a little late writing this review as I stayed here in October 2012 for a conference. However, I had a good experience and wanted to share. The resort is a sprawling complex with multiple buildings scattered about. My room was on the second floor in a building that overlooked the golf course on the western edge of the resort. There are no elevators so if you have mobility issues, request a first floor room. The bellman drove me and my luggage in a golf cart to my room and he carried my bag upstairs and got it all situated for me inside the room. He told me to call for a cart anytime I needed it but found that walking the grounds to the meeting rooms for the conference was a nice way to break up all the sitting inside I was doing.
The room is large and had a good-sized balcony that overlooked the golf course and the mountains. I was very pleased with my view. Inside, the large king bed and furniture were in that California rustic style. The bath was a little narrow and was probably not updated since the 70s but there was a certain charm about it. There was even a dressing table oppose the sink. The water pressure was great for saying it's the desert. I appreciated the ceiling fan because that allowed me to shut off the AC (for once) and sleep with the door to the balcony open to enjoy the cool desert night.
You can walk across the street to the large shopping complex where there is a movie theater and some restaurants. I found that a convenient option for escaping the resort and get a break from the conference. I just enjoyed finding time to sit on my balcony and watch the golfers...
Housekeeping was good and my room smelled clean every time I walked in. While I did not get to enjoy the pool area, I did walk by and it looked like lots of fun for families, that being said, I was also very glad my room was no where near it. Every staff member I interacted with were friendly and efficient. I have no complaints about my experience at this hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Las Palmas Resort And Spa
- Rancho Las Palmas Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Rancho Las Palmas Resort Spa
- Rancho Palmas Resort
- Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa Rancho Mirage, CA - California Desert