“Great place to stay”

Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Reviewed May 1, 2013

If you like this review please take a second and indicate so. I went here recently for a work retreat. It was bloody hot. Mostly around 105 everyday. There are several pools that are decent. The golf courses are certainly nicely taken care of. Courses are very open and easy to golf. Rooms are quite large and fairly well appointed. Has LCD flat screen TV, fridge, nice size closet. I think most have nice vews of the golf courses. We had dinner at the Ember Restaurant on site and I must say the beef filet was quite amazing. Wasn't expecting it to be so good. I had a hot stone massage as well and was treated like a king. I was quite happy with the price and service for that too. I can see how this place is ranked #2 in the area. You won't be dissapointed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank bference
Write a ReviewReviews (3,966)

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Spent the weekend there. check in was smooth, rooms are fantastic, beautiful golf course view which the mountain backdrop. Very spacious rooms, plenty of parking, disappointed in splash topia after listing to all the hype. Restaurant on the premises is expensive so across the street there restaurants and shops... Eg Cheesecake Factory, pf changes etc... Overall great stay loved it.

Room Tip: Golf course view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cliff-Ange
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a great place to relax and unwind. The room was nice though we were disappointed as we payed for a Poolview room and got a 'back of a cabana' view room. Still, not a long walk from the pool/Splashtopia area.

Beds were comfortable, room was clean. Bathroom could do with some updating, but it was big enough and clean.

The resort had lovely landscaped grounds. The pool was great. My kids loved it. The pool water was a little too warm considering we were in the desert and it was hot outside... and by lazy river, they really do mean lazy ... it's not very fast moving at all in comparison to other lazy rivers I've been too.

We went in late April and it wasn't too crowded. Food service by the pool wasn't the best ... they need more people taking orders/clearing trays.

The hotel is across the road from a shopping complex which has lots of great places to eat.

Room Tip: Close to the pool if you have kids and want to visit Splashtopia. Or if you want to be away from thi...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Maria P
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for Eight nights at the end of a big California road trip and it was perfect! Great rooms, lovely pool, modern gym, beautiful gardens, good service and food. Good choice of restaurants right across the road from reception. Next time im in Palm Springs i'll be staying here!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Darren P
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here alone for 6 days and it met my expectations. I wanted something with a resort feel as I wasn't planning to golf and hoped to enjoy the resort during the day. I spent my afternoons at the adult pool as the water park pool was a gong show. Adult pool was peaceful, a pleasant temperature, well staffed and well equipped with comfortable loungers. I don't recommend ordering drinks there...paid $7 for an alcohol free beer. Both pools have a no outside food rule which seems ridiculous to me. I paid to use the hotel facilities. I should not be hostage to their restaurant as a result. That actually checked my beach bag on the way in to the pool! The water park pool was very busy and with all the people in it and the warm water temperature it felt a bit soupy. One afternoon of that was enough. This is definitely a family place.

Rooms were nice but mine was quite dark. Very big, clean. Shower head was a bit weird and didn't offer a good spray...probably an isolated problem. My room facing the golf course was quiet. Rooms overlooking the main pool would have been noisy all day. There was a wedding when I was there with a very loud band and it would have been really loud anywhere near the main entrance buildings.

Proximity to The River across the street was a plus as it allows for a variety of restaurants without needing to drive every night.

I got a good deal with west jet vacations that also included the resort fee (don't get me started!) And this made it much better value than other resorts in the area. For a similar deal I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank thetravelduck
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm sure this place was something in its day but it's tired. The grounds are nice as is the pool area. Didn't do the spa or restaurant, other than pool dining. They seem okay. The room is our main disappointment which is a big deal. The bathroom is gross and reminds us of a roadside motel bathroom. The rest of the room was just okay nothing special and you can hear your neighbors easily. Oh and several things in the room didn't even work and when we asked to change to a room that was in better working order we were told no and that was the end of it. Needless to say there are many nice resorts in this area and we will have no reason to return to this one.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Julie J
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Booked with this hotel due to a convention I was attending there.
Called ahead two days before checking in to be sure they had my reservation and room type, and specific location (Plaza) request also letting them know I would be getting in around midnight. Yep no problems they said, see you here.

I pulled up to the valet area, no one around. I passed a worker leaving on my way in the front doors.
Went inside. No one around. Did the 'hello, anyone here' routine. The lady leaving came up behind me and went to find someone.

A guy finally showed up. Not even a sorry about that.
He did the paperwork, gave me my key and showed me I was in the Vista area. I showed him my reservation that had Plaza. He said well you should have got here earlier if you wanted to be close to the convention center. What? are you kidding me?

After pushing him very hard I ended up in the Lakeside area.
The room was okay. No fridge. Called they said sure we will get you one. Thre calls over three days, never did show up.

Had to call for a new iron (three times too) the old one had rust on the sole plate. Glad I looked before ruining a shirt.

The first day I came back around 4pm, no room service. I had to call on the second day to get new towels, then had to find a maid to get new soap. What is the deal here.

The bed was comfy, room quiet and clean.

Now, the view is fantastic and the location cannot be beat, but service is really lacking.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank 16weekayeartraveler
RanchoLasPalmas, Manager at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear 16weekayeartraveler - Thank you fo taking the time to post your review. I would like to apologize that your visit was not up to your expectations, and sincerely hope we have a chance in the future to show you the service matches your comments on the views and location.

Best Regards,

JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II

Been to Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!