Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mojave Resort(Palm Desert)
  • Pool
Shadow Mountain Resort and Club(Palm Desert)
  • Restaurant
4,053 results
All reviewslazy riverblu emberwater parkgolf coursebluember restaurantpool areagreat familyget awayadult poolpalm springsfamily vacationcheesecake factorywhole familyspring breakfamily poolgrounds are beautifullounge chairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Had our annual conference there, excellent facilities. Weather could have been a little warmer, was in the 60's. The outdoor gas fireplaces make great drinking spots. Roomshad plenty of space and you are ever invited to the President's suite..... make sure you go.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2013

For being rated as a luxury resort, i have to admit i was a little disappointed. The setting was beautiful no doubt, the tall palms were exquisite and the grounds and golf course meticulously well kept. The service was below what i expected but i suppose i could have been one of those guests who experienced the 'murphy's law' of traveling. the other reviews here seem to confirm that. So to start, when i checked in for the start of our fairly large conference, they had 'lost' my reservation. I even had the printed email confirmation. Within an hour, they did locate a room for me (2 doubles, not the King i requested) and i was checked in with time to at least go to the gym for a short workout. Not the hour by the pool i had hoped for, sadly, since the weather cooled down by the end of the conference , I cant write a report on the pool. After the first full day of meetings, i returned to prepare for evening festivities and found my room key didnt work...neither one of them. I returned to the front desk (5 min walk one way) they 'rekeyed' it mentioning how cell phones effect them ( i knew this) held the keys in my hand, walked back and found they still did not work. As luck would have it, I had saved the front desk # in my cell phone and called them to send someone to open my door. They did and he took my keys and as i was able to get ready for the evening. The timing was fortunate when they called and said my new keys were ready and they could deliver them, which gave me a ride back to the conference center for our evening activities. I did leave a tip for the housekeeping service the first night and a thank you note since i left in a hurry for meeting stuff. That makes me wonder why they skipped my room after the second night? Being alone, it didnt really bother me so much since i was barely at the room, but it just seemed like a poor way to impress anyone with their wonderful resort. (which was already really unimpressive). Considering what had already taken place (lost resv, 2 times with the bad keys) i would think someone would have said "Doctor we are sorry for any inconvenience, and i hope as a Board Member of your group, you will still consider us as a future venue?" I will compliment the kitchen, all the food during our meeting was very good, and the wait staff in the Blu Ember (especially Ambro) were very friendly and attentive...I just guess customer service aint what it used to be....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
RanchoLasPalmas, Manager at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear drsteve76,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It sounds as if you got off to a frustrating start, having had more than one issue with your room key and reservation. It is certainly our goal to get our guests off to a wonderful start and I apologize for the less than seamless beginning. We are pleased to hear of your overall satisfaction with both your banquet meals and bluEmber dining. We appreciate your feedback across the board and do hope you'll visit us again, this time with a proper beginning, plenty of pool time, and your room cleaned each day to your liking.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We recently stayed at Rancho Las Palmas for a business conference and found our stay most enjoyable. The property has been nicely updated. The staff is friendly and the spa services were discounted during our stay. Grounds are very well kept. The Resort is conveniently located from the airport as well. The weather was not condusive to using the outside pool or water slide so I couldn't comment on that. The food was very good and of varied ethnic types at lunch and dinner during the conference. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: It is a large resort with several buildings with exterior entrances. Second floor must be accessed by stairs. no elevators.

Dear Annette S,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. And we are delighted to hear of your satisfaction throughout your time here! We will be happy to offer the same great service on your next stay, whether is be for business or pleasure.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here for 10 days and would come back in a minute, everything was top notch from the grounds to the pools to the restaurants and the staff we did Westjet Vacations and there was also a $50.00 voucher for breakfast included with the package for every morning! Would for sure come back and planning to next year. There was a 27 hole golf course too!

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view of the golf course but not on the first floor not very private.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear queen58,

We wish you could come back in a minute, as well! Nothing pleases us more than to provide guest satisfaction in every aspect of your stay. We will certainly look forward to seeing you on your next trip. Thank you for sharing your experience and for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Rancho Las Plamas is great place for a conference. Good service all around but the R bar. R. bar is slow and NO servie out side , Rooms are clean and loved the bed. Check in is slow. The SPA is the BEST!

Dear Brad H,

We would like to thank you for visiting us time and again! It's great to hear of your pleasure in traveling here for business and otherwise. We love it when our guests have the chance to fully relax in our spa. It truly is an oasis! Sorry to hear of your less than stellar service while visiting R Bar, we will be sure to share this with our staff. Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your stay. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the future!