“Definitely not a luxury hotel.”

Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotel claims to be a part of a luxury chain hotels. The only luxury thing about it was the lobby. I was extremely bothered by the pool and and surrounding areas of the pools being filthy dirty. I can tell u it was nasty. Even the staff did not bother to clean the chairs and what was underneath from the day before. What I witnessed was just filth
For the prices this hotel charges its definitely its not luxury. And the breakfast buffet did not have any choices and was $25 per person !!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank beachdarya
RanchoLasPalmas, Manager at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear beachdarya,

Thank you for your review. It is very important, though disappointing, to receive feedback such as yours. And It is unsettling to know we did not live up to your - or our own - expectations. We always strive to offer each and every guest a clean, comfortable and relaxing experience and in your case, that was not achieved. We sincerely apologize for the conditions at the pool and will speak with the Director to resolve these issues of tidiness. We appreciate the time you've taken to share your experience.

Rancho Las Palmas

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is our 3rd time to this resort. The previous 2 visits were with our kids and was very good. We decided to return for the weekend of September 28th for our anniversary. When we checked in we discovered the Tranquility pool was closed due to construction. This was never disclosed on their website. Their sales and marketing team have 'gamed' many guests by not disclosing this information on their website. We are checking out 2 days early and will be staying at a Westin. Will not stay here again due to their poor selling tactics. I feel bad for the families that intended to use Splashtopia - it was closed as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank JCGH777
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Staff have been very very nice and friendly BUT I made res with co concierge for a cabana as well as blue ember patio request only a few days before arrival and no mention from her at time of construction issues. Construction doesn't just pop up on you they should advise you in advance.oh would not want to do that as we might go to another property... Not only that but day before our cabana reservation I was requesting a particular one and was told the one I asked for was complimentary due to adult pool beng closed but the one i was assigned to i am being charged for...so I am paying for another cabana when others are getting one comped?!! Oh they just decided that day that they would open that area to adults only, so why didnt tney tell me? Oh just easier to chrge me... When i asked they said oh we thought you had chi,dren with you...why our resveration in our room was ony for 2 adults. When were you going to tell me this? I then decided to go to spa pool and at first told I had to pay to use spa pool unless you pay for services......so adult pool is closed, the sphashtopia is closed due to construction and LOUD noise and we have to PAY to use spa pool? Oh after I once again had to ask they let me use....total disconnect here...grounds near main lobby look great but area near our building 21 so bad dead plants dead grass ...I u derstand heat here now is bad but if you take care of part of front property why can't you make entire property look attractive we are payin same price it's as if you care more about your conference folks. A big plus...we Love the room, luxury suite is very very nice !!! But Turn down service is sad...the very nice ladie pulled down part of bedspread but didn't change out or leave any clean towels or turn lights on etc in other resorts they fill ice bucket, turn on lights, refresh towels. If you are going to offer the service then do it right!! Going to spa and bluemebr tomorrow hoping will be nice!!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank jenann
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We booked a stay for this coming Saturday, 9/29. We were just notified that the adult polis closed! We booked a stay here for that reason, to have a quiet time. They have a 72 hour cancelation policy and we were notified in a confirmation email 48 hours before we arrive, one week after we made the reservation! They have no information regarding the closure on their website. Thanks Rancho Las Palmas for the false advertising! We can't wait to spend our quiet weekend with screaming kids! I would like to say how I really feel about this rip off but I am sure it would not be put up on this site.

Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We were up-sold on the Plaza Rooms because we were traveling as a young couple without kids. We paid the extra to be in a quiet location near the Tranquility pool. We were quite disappointed to arrive and find out the entire section of the resort that we were planning to stay in was closed for renovations. We had not been notified at all prior to arrival. We had been relocated to a far less desirable room for the same increased rate.

After dealing with the exceptional staff at the resort I am convinced that the issue is one of administration. The staff was excellent to deal with, very helpful. They moved us to a prime room for a reduced rate. They were very helpful and kind. The only issue was that as shifts changed new staff seemed to have no idea what the last shift had done. They again tried to charge us even more for the new room. Again the staff were amazing and reduced the rate even more for the inconvenience.

As for the facilities themselves...excellent. The rooms were fairly clean, comfortable and spacious. The pools were nice and well maintained with very comfortable lounge chairs. The Blu Ember restaurant was AMAZING!! You will want to get the $50 breakfast credit with your room. It is not hard to spend. I would recommend this hotel, but watch out for reservation errors.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SuperSandra77
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We have reservations for this weekend and we made them EXCLUSIVELY because of their Splashtopia Waterpark. We just discovered that the waterpark is closed because of yearly maintenance. Keep in mind that this"yearly maintenance" was not disclosed online when we made the reservations for our first vacation at this resort. Consequently we called the resort and tried to at least get a refund on the resort fee, but of course this was met with a "No, but you can come back again." Really, ruin a vacation and expect us to return....NEVER. Try not to advertise something that doesn't exist!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Colleen C

Dear Colleen C,

We deeply regret that the repairs at Splashtopia impaired your experience so drastically. Please know that while we have no choice but to invest time in maintenance for the slides in order to keep them safe and in optimum condition, the time frame this year was a little out of the ordinary. The company that comes in and takes care of the facility for us advised that the work would have to be completed immediately after a very busy summer of high usage. In years past we have been able to have them take care of the slides in early December when the weather is less pool friendly and we have fewer travelers staying at the resort. Please accept our most sincere apologies and feel free to contact our Guest Service Director at GuestExperience@Rancholaspalmas.com for assistance in resolving this matter for you. We want our guests to feel like Rancho Las Palmas is a second home and that our staff is like family, it is not acceptable for a guest to ever feel unappreciated and we would delight in the opportunity to make this right for you.

Rancho Las Palmas

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have not even checked into the "resort" yet, and I have had about the WORST customer service I have ever encountered! I booked my trip through Expedia.com, based on the "family atmosphere" advertised. Twenty-four hours before my trip, I discover that the cornerstone of my vacation, Splashtopia, will be closed for ANNUAL MAINTENANCE. Why wasn't this on the website? If it is annual, shouldn't this notice be provided to potential guests? I was even told, by an employee, that they received (email) notice of the closure ONE WEEK AGO! I booked this trip over one month ago. When I asked for a cancellation, or even a change of date, all I was told was about the FEES associated with my change of plans. I DIDN'T SCHEDULE THE MAINTENANCE dates to conflict with my trip!!! My children are heart-broken. I was even told that there would be no credit- no remedy to the situation. Talk about putting the customer LAST. Now I have to pay additional fees to go to the pool at Morengo, so that my children feel that they are having a vacation, too. I am so glad that my husband coordinates golf tournaments for a fortune 500 company and has lots of business associates. I will have him raise a banner to EVERY COMPANY with which he does business to STAY AWAY from any bookings at Rancho Las Palmas for any golf outing. I am also glad that I work in academia; I can definitely make sure any institution in our consortia STAYS AWAY from booking this property as well. I love Palm Desert, but this is definitely not worth the heartache. I will be canvassing the internet to post reviews on this property to EVERY site available to the public. I HOPE that I can say something positive after my visit; but the precedent has been set for an AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE. I might be only "one guest" on the phone; but, in reality, I am legion.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!