Just got back from a great weekend at the resort. We were kind of skeptical due to the latest reviews but we decided, "it's for the kids" and what a great decision it was. Check in started the trip with a great impression. Elizabeth moved our pool view room to the bldg we chose,(direct access to splashtopia,bldg 26), had a complimentary refer and crib sent to the room, explained everything and checked us in at 1pm..all in about 15 min. The room was spacious and clean and the ground floor patio was perfect for the kids to play on the grass. Maid service was nice and early,except they forgot bath towels, fixed in 10 min with a phone call.FOOD: Brunch at bluEmber was good and reasonably priced and both the kids ate free because they are under 5. Lunch at the pool was better than expected. The price for tropical drinks are outrageous (bring your own). The girls loved the hand scooped ice cream.Numerous restaurants across the street for dinner
try Acqua Pazza awesome! POOL: It's like a water park people, it's going to be busy, the water is going to be murky, and yes, you are going to get WET! There is a chemical called chlorine, it kills bacteria, it doesnt remove suntan lotion and oils from water. Ever been to the beach or Lake Havasu, it's actually 10 times dirtier with raw sewage,harmful levels of carbon monoxide and NO chlorine to kill anything....I got to splashtopia on fri,sat and sun when they opened at 9am and got 2 padded chairs with an umbrella each day. I put down my towels and some personal items and went back to get my family within the well posted (right where you get your towels) 20 min. time limit. No problems, my stuff was still there when I returned. I have been to numerous family resorts and pool chairs are always a problems, including Atlantis, and they have 10,000 chairs. Get there early and follow the rules! The kids loved the beach area and the lazy river, my 3 1/2 year old loved the water slide although after riding it 10 times, the staff changed and the new teenage employee said she is 2 in. too short and wouldnt allow her to ride it! I think the height limit should be lowered for the small slide to 36"! CONS: My only honest complaint has nothing to do with the resort at all, the small black birds are relentless and actually try to attack you! I got pecked in the head by one! BEWARE :)
Overall, we had a wonderful weekend,met some very nice families and will definitely be back again!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Omni Hotels & Resorts, TravelUp, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Las Palmas Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Rancho Las Palmas Resort And Spa
- Rancho Las Palmas Resort Spa
- Rancho Palmas Resort
- Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa Rancho Mirage, CA - California Desert