“Wonderful stay, beautiful grounds, attentive staff”

Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Reviewed March 26, 2011

We loved our stay at Rancho Las Palmas. Room was clean and quiet, had a great night's sleep. Pool is nice and warm and well kept. Staff very attentive. Resort is beautiful with many flowers and benches. Starbucks on property. Wonderful brunch at Blu Ember. Nice location close to restaurants and shopping. Definitely coming back.

1  Thank tripkids45
RanchoLasPalmas, Manager at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2011

Dear tripkids45,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the amenities provided throughout the resort. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

There are newer reviews for Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Reviewed March 26, 2011

I've stayed at this resort every year since I was a little girl and have loved taking the same trip yearly with my 2 boys until this summer. I was so dissappointed to notice a lack of cleanliness that I would never expect from a luxury hotel. The reservation staff upon arrival mishandled my reservation causing us to get locked out of our room midstay leaving us in wet bathing suits far away from the lobby where I had to walk with my 2 small children in tow in the scorching heat to resolve the matter that never should have been a problem. We ended up wasting hours of our time and the hassle was never even apologized for. I will not be continuing my yearly trip or reccomending this hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank 1ocmom

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We’re sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay last summer and have forwarded your comments to the departments that you mentioned. If there is anything further we can assist you with, please don’t hesitate to contact us at guestexperience@rancholaspalmas.com.

Reviewed March 25, 2011

Good:The waterslides and lazy river were perfect and warm for the young ones, Room was nice and clean. Housekeeping was efficient . Front desk was friendly and patient with customers. Golfing was good.

Bad: Expensive at $414 on Fri/Sat and $274 on weekdays considering you can rent 2 bedroom condo in the golf course for 1000 per week. This is not including the $25 daily resort fee just to have internet and parking when free wifi is standard for most hotels these days.

Adult pool was not heated, which I found quite strange - every single guest who tried it was shocked at how cold it was and would quickly get out - and none of the staff seemed to care. One of the guests I sat next to talked to the staff who claimed that noone ever complained then promised to heat up the pool within 3 hours - we were there for 6 days and that pool stayed cold as ice water.

The service folder stated that local calls are free, and specifically stated which areas were covered, but when I checked our bill, we were charged $45 for an 18minute call to Indio and $7 for a 1 minute call to Banning. When I called customer service about it, the staff (Alicia?) curty told me that local calls were only for Rancho Mirage area. After I pointed out that their service folder stated that Indio is included in the free call area, she told me "Well, you'll have to talk to the front desk about that!" . I found it rather rude and asked her what she meant. She was quiet for five seconds then said " I'll get front desk to call you". I waited for an hour then left. THere was no message when I returned. Up to day of checkout, the charge was still there so I called again . The staff that day checked with her supervisor then removed the charge promptly.

Dear MGSteven,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We’re sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay and that you experienced issues at the Tranquility Pool and with incorrect phone charges on your bill. We have forwarded your comments to the departments that you mentioned and also the conversation you had with the operator to further assist in training. If there is anything further we can assist you with, please don’t hesitate to contact us at guestexperience@rancholaspalmas.com.

Reviewed March 24, 2011

We enjoyed three nights at Rancho Las Palmas. We were pleased to be upgraded to a luxury suite. Newly redecorated, huge rooms, patio overlooking golf course. Tennis just a short walk away. Family friendly, great pool for kids, ask for quiet rooms away from that area. The breakfast and room service (and pool service/food) were all excellent. Usually expect "diner" type food, but not here. And staff went out of their way to satisfy, all done with big smiles. Some key card issues, but quickly resloved. Use the "door in the wall" to get to the River, for more dining. Thanks, RLP. We'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank markandtom

Dear markandtom,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the new cuisine from Chef Sean throughout the resort. Hope to have to back again soon!

Reviewed March 23, 2011

I just returned from a couple day stay at Rancho Las Palmas as a detour from a family event in LA. I was traveling with my mother who has some mobility issues. Special care was taken to place us in a room that would be most convenient for her. The staff was welcoming from the moment we drove up. James personally and pleasantly took care of us and remembered and helped us daily. The rooms, grounds and pool(s) are gorgeous. The flaming torches and firepits at night were dramatic and the colorful flowers were immaculately groomed. Dinner at Blu Ember was delicious and we even found unique and reasonably priced clothes in the gift shop. The staff in the shop was also very warm and helpful. We had just left a snowstorm in Ohio and hated to leave this tranquil respite. Hopefully I can return some day soon.

1  Thank bonnier914

Dear bonnier914,
Thank you for posting your review! We’re happy to hear that you and your mother enjoyed your stay here at Rancho and that James provided you both with great customer service! We hope to see you next time you’re on vacation!

Reviewed March 23, 2011

We recently stayed at the Rancho Las Palmas, and found it surprisingly wonderful! It has just amount of old Palm Desert charm and beauty. When we checked-in after a 8 hour drive we were welcomed by the Front Office Supervisor on duty, Deisy Manallas, what an adorable person. We told her it was a 5th anniversary, and she went out of her way to make it extra special.
Sadly, our schedule was quite rushed, but we did steal a moment to swim and hang-out by the tranquility pool... what a nice treat!
The rooms were a bit out dated, but having a balcony facing the lake made it worthwhile.
The only think lacking was a shuttle to the tennis tournament, but all in all we would, and will stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank homesicktexan11

Dear homesicktexan11,
Thank you for posting your review! We’re very glad that you and your husband celebrated your 5th Anniversary here at Rancho and that Deisy provided you with great customer service. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed March 19, 2011

My mom and I go to Palm Springs about once a year for almost four years, it's become sort of a tradition of ours. Our girls weekend. Every time we stay at Rancho Las Palmas because no other hotel in Rancho Las Palmas compares. We have never been disappointed with our stay.

The rooms are very clean, such comfy beds, never had annoyingly loud neighbors, and great hotel desk service.
The pool is great, comfy padded chairs, and pretty good poolside service. They are very polite.
The location is one of the best parts, my mom and I love being by the River which is a shopping center with great restaurants and a movie theater! We go there almost every night to eat out and walk around to have fun. Plus grocery stores such as Vons are nearby in case you need to grab some snacks to have in your room.

Stay here. You won't be sorry!

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank jennagarvin
RanchoLasPalmas, Manager at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2011

Dear jennagarvin,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor! We love that you love everything about Rancho and we’re honored to be your yearly destination! Thank you for your wonderful review and we can’t wait to have you back again next year!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Mirage
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!