“OUTSTANDING HOTEL, PEOPLE, LOCATION .... EVERYTHING!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Sydney, Australia
“OUTSTANDING HOTEL, PEOPLE, LOCATION .... EVERYTHING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I can happily say that this is without doubt the best HOTEL I have ever stayed at!! Like many people that review on Trip Advisor I have travelled all over the world and have stayed in hundreds of hotels for the past 20 years. Maldives, Fiji, Paris are all known for the best service in the hotel world but I would have to say the team at Ritz Carlton Rancho Mirage blow them all out of the water. This newly opened resort (Day 25 when we were there) is set to be dominant Palm Springs in this space. I could go through great experience after great experience for each day we stayed there but I think you get the message. Big shout out to Alexandra at the front desk who was simply outstanding.. People truly make the difference and she played a huge part in making our stay memorable... Hands down the place to stay in Palm Springs area....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Danny W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Redlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife and I made reservations to get away for the weekend. Since there are no nice restaurants in the area we decided to dine at the restaurant at the Ritz. This was a BAD idea. We checked online about attire and found that it was casual dress. We were seated and ordered our food. THEN the manager had the nerve to come to our table and ruin our entire experience by asking me to remove my hat that I had clearly walked in with. His tone was degrading and rude. He proceeded to ask if I was truly a Angels fan or if I just wore the hat for kicks. How insulting!!! If they would've asked me to remove my hat before entering the restaurant there would've been no problem however we had already ordered our food.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Jtpu
Doug W, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear jtpu,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your dining experience did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us, and I would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding this matter. I can be reached at 760-202-2161 or at doug.watson@ritzcarlton.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

The valet at this Ritz Carton damaged the front left corner of my car leaving it with large black scrape marks and a dent. I was assured that the matter would be investigated and I would be notated. Horace Brooks, a manager at the hotel, looked at the damage with me and smiled as he suggested I not let the damage to my car leave me with a bad impression of the hotel. Ryan Ross, a risk manager with USA parking, e-mailed me 2 days after leaving the hotel. In his note he said the damage to my car was determined to be pre-existing. My Lexus had no body damage and had been washed prior to my trip to Rancho Mirage. I e-mailed Mr. Ross and he never bothered to respond. I also e-mailed the general manager at the hotel, Doug Watson, about the incident and he never bothered to contact me either. I now have $800 of damage to my car from a mishandling of it with the valet, and have to pay for the repairs myself. I would expect this type of service from a Hotel 6. Shame on the valet and the poor management at the Ritz Carlton Rancho Mirage.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
18 Thank Car S
Doug W, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. I have left you a message today, and I would like to discuss this matter with you. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

This property is truly spectacular and the best in Palm Springs.... places like The Parker or Viceroy don't even come close.

I highly recommend this hotel to any couples who are looking for a relaxing getaway in a luxury resort!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Amy H
Dear Amy H,

Thank you for selecting The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage. We are so happy that you enjoyed our resort and we can't wait to welcome you back!

Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

My family and I just stayed here for a weekend. We had a room with a fire pit/patio. Everything about this resort is beautiful. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Perfect spot for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. If you are coming with children make sure to check out the kids club. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms with patio/fire pit are a must.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tara M
Alberta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

We were so excited to go and see the new ritz carlton,,the room was clean but for over 600 per night ,it was not worth the cost,the safe was not working ,the room was not cleaned one of the days we were there,the robes were taken out the room never to seen again,,the place has only one restaurant ,the food was just average but the cost was triple of the cost it should have been,,,the room we had faced the outside patio and bar,,, which was fine but after everything shut down each nite we were sleeping and woke up to the nite cleaning crew using huge bright lights and vacuuming and talking loud to each other,,it lasted till 530am,every nite,, ,we could not believe it , lol, not the quiet getaway we wanted, , we won't go back,,, it's not a five star ,

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Johanna360
Dear Joanne T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comment. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you. Feedback is extremely important to us, and so if you could afford the time, I may be reached directly at this number 760-202-2161. I look forward to hearing from you.

Aliso Viejo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

The staff and service is what you expect from Ritz Carlton. Particularly the front desk. (Alexandra and Natalie). Our only disappointment is the limited restaurants on site and the fact that construction is still in progress

• Stayed May 2014
Parker Palm Springs
Parker Palm Springs
#25 of 71 in Palm Springs
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,542 reviews

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage? Share your experiences!