Reasons We Booked Westin:
(1) Location - Rancho Mirage is not as windy as Palm Springs.
(2) Family-friendly property with a family pool and its own playground (I found this info from a photo posted on this site)
(3) AAA rate was too good to pass up.
SERVICE: Friendly and professional staff, always greeted us and offered assistance with a 3 year old in tow. Shuttle service was readily available and one valet driver went out of his way to drive us around the property and give us a tour.
ROOM: We were located in Building 13. Nicely renovated with modern furniture and neutral decor, large LCD tv, mini bar, and fridge. Large table/desk with ample space. Media plug-in ports for laptop, DVD player, video games (something new that I have not seen at other hotels). Familiar Westin features with Heavenly Bed and Bath - yay for crisp white linens and clean-scented toiletries.
FOOD: We ate breakfast buffet in Bella Vista and that offered a nice selection in a beautiful indoor setting. The lobby bar/lounge is nicely decorated with lots of comfortable seating, but only had a limited menu available. We also ordered room service a few times and they answered promptly and always repeated the order to ensure completion.
AMENITIES: $25 resort fee is worth the complimentary valet (although we didn't mind self-parking to be closer to our building), use of the 3 pools, tennis courts
PLUSES: Fruit-infused water in the lobby especially for that desert heat! Nice upgrades done to the hotel and are noticeable throughout. (There are a few buildings that are not completed yet, but we hardly noticed and were not disturbed by construction).
CONS: Limited menu selections throughout the property (the in-room dining menu explained that it was due to the renovations)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas is nestled in the Coachella Valley at the base of California's San Jacinto Mountains in the secluded desert oasis known as Rancho Mirage. As a AAA Four Diamond-rated resort, this world-class golf and spa destination promises infinite rejuvenation. Nearby, a mecca of cultural, historical, shopping and outdoor adventure awaits you. Enjoy spacious one and two-bedroom villas with fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, private balconies or patios, separate dining and living room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Westin Mission Hills Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Mission Hills Villas Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Westin Mission Hills Hotel
- Westin Rancho Mirage
- Rancho Mirage Westin
- The Westin Mission Hills Villas Rancho Mirage, CA - California Desert