“Difficult with Mobility Issues!”

The Westin Mission Hills Villas
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The parking at this property is a nightmare. It is very difficult to park anywhere near your villas and the second floor units are walk-ups. My husband and I were less than impressed with the distance we had to haul our groceries to the unit in the heat. We will not return to this property again. On the upside, the staff did their level best to give us a more workable solution but it's still easier for us to visit another property.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor unit close to a parking lot if there are mobility issues to contend with.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jonathan K, Manager at The Westin Mission Hills Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Lady_having_fun, thank you for sharing your feedback about our resort. Please accept my apology for the limited parking available during your stay. I am happy to read that our staff were doing what they can to offer solutions. We do have bellmen and shuttle drivers that can assist with in-resort transportation and I am sorry to read that your villa was at a distance from the parking. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to have you again at the Westin where we can assign a room closer to parking. Be Well.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Mission Hills Villas

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

The Westin Mission Hills (why don't they call it Westin Rancho Mirage??) never ceases to amaze me. We actually booked a different hotel originally with a Groupon (Palm Canyon "Resort"-what a disappointment) We checked out right away and since I usually stay at the Westin, I called there, got a better rate, and it even included breakfast! I really can't say enough how enjoyable this place is- the water slides were closed for repair but the pools are really fun anyway, room sizes are huge, all with patios, and you just feel pampered from rhe start here. I can't think of a single complaint-it's the best hotel in the area as far as I'm concerned. They had lemonade and were offering free massages when we checked in. We went over to the Marriott palm desert on Saturday night, and the difference between the two hotels (owned by the same people, oddly) was like the difference between a cotillion and a frat party.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ElleWalters

Elle, Thank you for the great review of our resort. I am so happy to know that you continue to have renewing experiences time and time again at the Westin. I will be sure to share your comments with our team giving us fuel to continue creating great experiences. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future. Cheers!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Westin last weekend. The room was clean, orderly and quiet. The pool was maintained nicely and even had a floatie! We enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant and Ricardo G. served us above and beyond....he even opened the jam and ketchup bottles for us.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Linda, thank you for sharing your great feedback about our resort. I am so happy to read that you were really satisfied with your visit. Also, thank you for recognizing Ricardo at Season’s Grill. He is a great associate and we will celebrate your comments with the team. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you again at the Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas. Be Well.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I'm so not a desert fan, but we were out here for a show so I thought I'd make the best of the weekend. Since we are SPG members, I chose to stay one night here and one night at the hotel on the same property to rack one night stays. Status matters!

I honestly didn't pay attention to the fact that these were actual apartment sized rooms. I just booked it at a great rate, made sure there was room for the kids and checked in.I was surprised by the sheer size of the entire resort. It's huge! We got to our larger upstairs room and were very pleased by what we saw. I had a kitchen bigger than my apartment, with a washer and dryer. Had we been camped out here for a few days, I would have been very happy with the full kitchen set up.

The bedroom was awesome. I loved the huge jacuzzi tub in it. You could soak in the tub, watch tv, or turn on the fireplace. That was unexpected. The kids slept on the sofa bed, which is fine for a few more years, but I would suggest an adult do it. Not super comfortable. The patio was huge as well with a gas BBQ. You were all set for a nice grilling getaway should you want to.

If I was a golfer or loved the desert, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick an upper room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Pookiemarie, thank you for sharing your experience at the Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas. I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit…and the Jacuzzi! There are a great number of great amenities here at the resort. If you happen to return to the desert, we hope we will be able to serve you again. Many thanks and safe travels.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Celebrated my birthday with a package offer from my wife's SPG membership. Got upgraded to the premium villas and we were on the second floor overlooking the lagoon. The room was large and the kitchen as well. Maybe a bit too much for just the two of us as we ate out most of our stay. Played the Pete Dye course which was on the premise and convenient. Was picked up from our room and then returned after play. Didn't use the pool or workout facilities but they were in good use by other residents during our stay. All of the staff on the premises were nice and service focused. The only aspect which was okay and not particularly enjoyable was the timeshare presentation or 1 1/2 hours. We didn't buy but the staff wasn't noticeably disappointed and they thanked us for our time and gave us Visa prepaid cards for our use. All in all, a pleasant stay but probably more geared towards families.

Room Tip: Try to get upgraded to the premium villas--more room, bigger kitchen, and gas BBQ grill.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GlobalGoodTimes
Jonathan K, Manager at The Westin Mission Hills Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

GlobalGoodTimes, Thank you for choosing to celebrate your birthday with us at the Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas. It is so great to read that you and your wife had an enjoyable getaway!! I am so pleased to know that our team was able to upgrade you to a premium unit for your special weekend. Thank you for your great comments and we hope to see you again at the Westin in the near future. Safe Travels!!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed here in early Sep with some friends. Very comfortable villa. Average high was about 105 so early morning walks around the resort and surrounding areas was the way to start the day. Laying by the pools, reading, taking a dip occasionally to cool off, when we weren't out seeing the area. Joshua Tree and the tram are musts! But don't get caught in a hailstorm on top on Mt Jacinto like we did (sheltered in a tiny rock overhang -don't think we shared it with anything). It just added to the experience. It was great having a grill outside on our patio. Mostly walked around the resort but the shuttles were frequent if we wanted a ride. Will definitely be back to Mission Hills - lovely pools, friendly staff, good food at the restaurants and beautiful views.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank FinnOnTheFly

FinnOnTheFly, Thank you for the wonderful comments about our resort. I am so happy to read that our staff took great care while you enjoyed all the amenities of the Westin. You truly took advantage of the great sights around the valley too. Great choices! Thank you for sharing your experiences and we look forward to your return visit to the Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We own here, even though we live 65 miles away this our best 'get away destination'. The property ALWAYS exceedes any other place we stay. We also own in Scottsdale and Hawaii. We have stayed at Desert Willow when we cannot get in here, it is not the same.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Art25350

Art25350, Nothing makes us smile more when we hear great feedback like yours!! We live for comments like these and we are so elated to read we always exceed your expectations. Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon!! Many thanks and Be Well.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Mirage
Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to The Westin Mission Hills Villas? Share your experiences!