“Great stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Great stay”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

First I have to say I had reservations about staying here from the reviews. We are staying here now with our 17 yr old son and another couple. We both had deluxe one bdrms, when we got here upon check in we were upgraded to the premium room. I asked if our friends could be attached to us (2 bdrm) and they were very accommodating. So far it's been a nice stay we are right next to the pool but do not hear the pool noise which is great! Had a bathroom issue but was taken care of within 5 min of calling the front desk. Looking forward to the rest of our stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jonathan K, Manager at The Westin Mission Hills Villas, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Desirusso, Thank you for sharing your experiences about your time here at the Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas. It is great to read that we were able to provide you an upgrade as well as promptly resolving the bathroom issue. Thank you for your feedback and I am confident you enjoyed the rest of your time with us. Cheers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Korean first
los angeles
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Friendly staff, good/clean amenities and overall child friendly resort.
Kids will be very happy at this resort...water slide, cabanas, kids pool, cafe by pool, organized activities by the pool, mini-golf, etc. Not enough umbrellas and lounge chairs by the pool so you are better off getting a cabana on a super hot day. They are much more reasonably priced here than at other nearby resorts.
The rooms are clean and comfortable. The larger 1 bedrooms have a BBQ grill right on the balcony/patio. More BBQ grills available throughout resort. Not too far from The River, El Paseo, Children's Museum, but about 30 min. from Palm Springs.
I would recommend this for families with kids from babies to teens. I would not recommend this for couples trying to have a romantic or relaxing weekend.

Room Tip: Try to book larger 1 bedroom it has many more amenities than the smaller one.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Travel72, thank you for your great feedback about our resort. We do have so much to offer our younger guests and we are pleased to read your children enjoyed their time here! It looks like you took full advantage of all our amenities here at the resort. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you and your family have an opportunity to return in the future. Be well!
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I never write reviews, but Lana is hands down the best bartender ever! $12 for bottomless mimosas? Ya, count me in. She was personable, fun and made us feel like we wanted to stay an extra night or two! Thanks for the great conversation.

• Stayed June 2012
Amanda, thank you for such great comments about Lana!! We love to hear when our associates really make a great impression. I know she will be thrilled to read your review and thank you for sharing your experience!! Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to having you back at the Westin in the near future.
Toronto
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and stayed here for a week May. We chose the villas for the convenience of a kitchenette and a bbq. We do not like to eat out every night and this afforded us the opportunity to cook in. The facility was immaculate. Every corner of the property was constantly being groomed. The golf course was in perfect condition. My wife marveled at the spa. The resort is only minutes from many shopping and dining options. The one resort restaurant we tried was excellent for breakfast, lunch and dinner with something on the menu for everyone. We definitely plan to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a main floor villa to save the stairs.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thetravelgnome
Jonathan K, Manager at The Westin Mission Hills Villas, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thetravelgnome, thank you for writing about your experience here at the Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas. Thanks for the flattering comments and it makes me happy to read that you enjoyed our “jewel in the desert.” It is great to know you took full advantage of all the great amenities we have available. We can’t wait to welcome you back to the resort!! Many thanks and hope to see you in the near future.
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just got back last night from a great weekend at the The Westin Mission Hills Resort Villas. The Front Desk Team was exceptional - from the moment my family and I arrived to check in - what a welcoming experience to be greeted by Vitaliy Foux, the Villa Front Office Manager, Alejandro Sanchez and Jacob! Maria was so helpful on the phone with making the cabana reservations. She answered all my questions patiently and returned my phone calls promptly. I love Christina's energy - always smiling and always there to help. I agree with the other villa guest - Christina loves her job and it shows!! Vitaliy has done a great job with his team members - you definitely made our stay a pleasant experience - we are definiteyl coming back! Thanks Vitaliy!

I would also like to commend Carla, Cache, Teresa who were our A+ cabana servers and of course your "sun shop" team members - Steven and Elizabeth.

Thanks again for a great weekend - we can't wait to stay at your resort again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
TheresaF, Thank you for such a fantastic review!! It is simply wonderful when our associates make such a positive impact. Thank you for recognizing so many staff members at our resort for providing pleasant and exceptional service!! I am so thrilled to read you enjoyed your time with us and indulged in our resort amenities. We look forward to having you and your family back at the Westin. Safe Travels!
Paris, France
Reviewed May 28, 2013

A great hotel to relax. I particularly enjoyed the quietness of my room and the relaxing atmosphere of the environment. I really enjoyed the products and soaps left in the bathroom to use and the different pools the hotel has to offer especially the one with a tobogan.

Room Tip: Any room some distance from any pool will be perfect
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DonaldRob
DonaldRob, thank you for staying with us at the Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas. I am happy to read that you had a relaxing and enjoyable visit with us. I must agree with you as we do have great Heavenly bath products!! Thank you for writing about your experience and we hope to have the opportunity to have you back at the Westin. Cheers!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was my first time at this resort and I would go back. It took three days to get a better unit than we were originally assigned (ground floor). We ended up with a larger unit on the third floor. Staff was very helpful. The second unit was closer to the hotel property so we used the adults only pool after putting up with screaming yelling kids (who naturally were having a darn good time as well). I enjoy the area and will be staying at the Westin Desert Willow Villas the next time for a comparison. I am a co-owner in Scottsdale and found that it is less expensive for car rentals and airfare to go to Palm Springs area than in the Phoenix area.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better as there is no one stomping across the floor. Children running are especial...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Ralph B, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience about our resort. It is great that you have the opportunity to take advantage of all our Westin Villa properties. I am glad to read that our staff was helpful and able to move you to a larger unit when it became available. It’s great when homeowners can experience other resorts. Thanks for staying with us and let us know when we can be your home away from home again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Mirage
Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to The Westin Mission Hills Villas? Share your experiences!