“Time share exchange”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“Time share exchange”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was my first time at this resort and I would go back. It took three days to get a better unit than we were originally assigned (ground floor). We ended up with a larger unit on the third floor. Staff was very helpful. The second unit was closer to the hotel property so we used the adults only pool after putting up with screaming yelling kids (who naturally were having a darn good time as well). I enjoy the area and will be staying at the Westin Desert Willow Villas the next time for a comparison. I am a co-owner in Scottsdale and found that it is less expensive for car rentals and airfare to go to Palm Springs area than in the Phoenix area.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better as there is no one stomping across the floor. Children running are especial...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Jonathan K, Manager at The Westin Mission Hills Villas, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Ralph B, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience about our resort. It is great that you have the opportunity to take advantage of all our Westin Villa properties. I am glad to read that our staff was helpful and able to move you to a larger unit when it became available. It’s great when homeowners can experience other resorts. Thanks for staying with us and let us know when we can be your home away from home again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Korean first
Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The westin has a great location, it's close to all the things you would want to do in the area.

I was somewhat disappointed though. The arrival and reception staff were great, then I got to my villa. I was unlucky, I had no view of anything, except into next door. This made sitting outside somewhat of a challenge. The villa itself, although very clean and well appointed, was dark. I think this was due to the location, but it did spoil it a little.

The resort is amazing. That first morning you go out for a stroll will surprise you. All the public areas are well maintained and just lovely. There were a few too many kids for me at the resort pool, so I went to the main hotel pool instead. That worked perfectly. My one criticism would be the adult only pool, which had no bar service. Now I would have thought you would need it there the most!

The only things I was unhappy with was the main hotel bar, which is a bit drab and uninviting. That really need an overhaul. And the parking charges applied at the villas. I actually think applying charges for self parking at a property of this level is unnecessary and shows a money grabbing nature. I appreciate we all need to make money, but having spend a few thousand dollars to come here to start with, I don't expect to pay to park my own car.

All in all this was a lovely stay, relaxing and enjoyable. I do have to say the pool staff were great, attentive and kept the cocktails coming which is just what you need on vacation.

Room Tip: If at the villas check where they are putting you. Either on the inside facing the ponds or outside...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
SallyC19, thank you sharing your experience here at the Westin. We are so happy you chose to spend your time with us for a desert renewal, which is centrally located to some many local activities which you pointed out. We are thrilled to read that you found our resort amazing. Thank you for all your feedback as well as recognizing our pool staff for excellent service. We hope to see you again in the near future at the Westin Mission Hills.
Fullerton, California
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Ive been a preferred guest since 2010 ever since i first stayed at this resort. The staff and whole atmosphere has been nothing but amazing every single year ive gone back since then. I honestly love this place and i have recommended it to many other friends who have also enjoyed the amenitites.

Room Tip: Always book in advance. The place is worth every penny so it gets sold out pretty quick.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
BPAccord, thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your many experiences at our Resort. We simply love reading comments like yours as our goal is to exceed expectations. Thank you for recommending our resort and we truly look forward to welcoming you again at the Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas.
Ardmore, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I look forward to returning to this picture perfect setting. The room was spacious while the furniture was somewhat worn and due interior fresh paint. (Many units were undergoing renovation.) The bathroom was bright and modern. The balcony was large and the golf course with mountain view beautiful. The grounds were spectacular.
The city was easy to navigate and restaurants and shopping close by as was a very easy in and out airport.

Room Tip: Each building is two floors with no elevator. Ask for ground floor if you find stair climbing diffi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jonathan K, Manager at The Westin Mission Hills Villas, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Arkyrab, thank you for sharing your kind words about our resort. I am so pleased to read that you and your wife had a picture-perfect stay!! We have just completed a renewal in May and will continue to renew our interiors in the near future. As for the bathroom, I see you got to experience our new Heavenly shower! We are thrilled to have just completed this here at our resort. Thank you for the great feedback and we hope we have the opportunity to serve you and your wife again in the future. All the best.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This resort delivered. The fireside lounge was popping. The staff was super friendly, especially Heather. She brought my husband and I free dessert for our anniversary. Overall excellent place to stay. I would come back again!

• Stayed April 2013
Seashells310, we didn't want you to leave either!! We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time here at the resort!! Thank you for recognizing Heather – I know this will make her day. Thank you for choosing Westin for your anniversary and we hope to see you again for your next anniversary!! Thank you for sharing your experience and safe travels.
California
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The resort is very nice,the furniture in our unit was very dated.When you sat on the sofa bed the cushions sank into the couch,as the bed collapsed.The appliances needed to be replaced,as well as the rest of the furniture.The bed was comfortable,checkin was good and if I needed anything,they sent someone over right away.All and all the resort is lovely,nice pool area,they just need to update the furniture and appliances..

Room Tip: We stayed by the pool,lower level,no elevatiors,they have shuttles to take you all over the resort.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jonathan K, Manager at The Westin Mission Hills Villas, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Jpbabs, thank you for sharing your experience about our resort. Thank you for your kind comments about our staff, check-in, the pool, and the Heavenly Bed! I am glad to read you enjoyed our resort. Additionally, we are in the process of finalizing our renewal plan to replace our furniture and appliances in the near future which we are very excited about. Again, thanks for your comments and we hope to welcome you again to the Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas.
Coutances, France
Reviewed May 11, 2013

we spent 2 days as a family. The apartement is great and everything is in perfect condition. The hotel and the surrounding are charming. Our twin girls really enjoyed the pool and the slid. It's a perfect place for a family where parents can rest ....
Annie France

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Annie, thank you for your flattering comments about the Westin Mission Hills Villas. We really love it when families enjoy the perfect getaway experience. I know our team will be happy to read your feedback as we continue our quest to deliver renewing experiences for all our home owners and guests. Safe travels and we hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Mirage
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa

Been to The Westin Mission Hills Villas? Share your experiences!