“I never wanted to leave!”

The Westin Mission Hills Villas
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This resort delivered. The fireside lounge was popping. The staff was super friendly, especially Heather. She brought my husband and I free dessert for our anniversary. Overall excellent place to stay. I would come back again!

• Stayed: April 2013
Jonathan K, Manager at The Westin Mission Hills Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Seashells310, we didn't want you to leave either!! We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time here at the resort!! Thank you for recognizing Heather – I know this will make her day. Thank you for choosing Westin for your anniversary and we hope to see you again for your next anniversary!! Thank you for sharing your experience and safe travels.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Mission Hills Villas

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The resort is very nice,the furniture in our unit was very dated.When you sat on the sofa bed the cushions sank into the couch,as the bed collapsed.The appliances needed to be replaced,as well as the rest of the furniture.The bed was comfortable,checkin was good and if I needed anything,they sent someone over right away.All and all the resort is lovely,nice pool area,they just need to update the furniture and appliances..

Room Tip: We stayed by the pool,lower level,no elevatiors,they have shuttles to take you all over the resort.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jonathan K, Manager at The Westin Mission Hills Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Jpbabs, thank you for sharing your experience about our resort. Thank you for your kind comments about our staff, check-in, the pool, and the Heavenly Bed! I am glad to read you enjoyed our resort. Additionally, we are in the process of finalizing our renewal plan to replace our furniture and appliances in the near future which we are very excited about. Again, thanks for your comments and we hope to welcome you again to the Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

we spent 2 days as a family. The apartement is great and everything is in perfect condition. The hotel and the surrounding are charming. Our twin girls really enjoyed the pool and the slid. It's a perfect place for a family where parents can rest ....
Annie France

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Annie, thank you for your flattering comments about the Westin Mission Hills Villas. We really love it when families enjoy the perfect getaway experience. I know our team will be happy to read your feedback as we continue our quest to deliver renewing experiences for all our home owners and guests. Safe travels and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I could live there permanently. We had the two bedroom. It was bigger than our first two houses. The Villa along with it's surroundings are perfect. We had a nice view of the golf course from our patio. Would have been better from the upstairs unit but who wants to climb those stairs. The resort is gigantic, when you combine the Hotel with the Villas.
They have shuttle stops, but you can call for a shuttle to pick you up and take you where you need to go.

The only downer was activities department. They made no attempt to get people to join in and then closed because they didn't have enough people. This happened over and over again during our stay. We did win some free drinks by default on some of the competitions. We mentioned this to the concierge and they called the head of the department. We explained the situation to him and he apologized and bought lunch at the poolside restaurant (excellant). But the next day when we went to do an activity, it was the same.

Other than that, it was perfect. The golf course is fantastic and if you are staing in the Villas you can get the owner's rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the large pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Jonathan K, Manager at The Westin Mission Hills Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Eric Y, thank you for your great feedback about our resort. I am delighted to read you enjoyed the villas and everything we have to offer. Additionally, thank you for your feedback for improvement about our activities. We have shared your feedback with our team and have refocused our efforts to increase participation with all our guests and keep the activities full. I appreciate your comments and glad to hear you took full advantage of everything we have to experience at the Westin. Safe travels and we hope to welcome you and your family back in the future.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed there April 27th weekend - it was 100 degrees. Previously we have stayed at the Hyatt in Palm Desert. We have a 7 year old and a 3 year old. We are a gay couple. A friend drove out from Tucson with her 5 year old, hubby stayed home. We had a blast. We got the 2 bedroom lockout - she took the smaller side and we took the larger. We were on the second floor - I wish we'd been on the lower floor. The grounds are beautiful and you can walk straight out from the lower levels.
THE PARADISE POOL
Is great - a big shallow pool with waitress service and a chill attitude. Always pool toys in the pool to play with. A water slide next to it - 48" height limit - BUT they let the little ones ride in your lap - big hit with our little guys.
Some fun activities poolside for the kids. My daughter did the build a bear. The oldest two did the tie dye tee shirts (loved it). They all did the paint your frisbee.
Not sure why they have the pottery activity or the bingo one - didnt seem to be any takers for those!
William and JD looked after the kids well during the activities
We brought the scooters - the kids can scooter from the Villas to the Main Westin hotel - when you get there you can get cold water and go to the game room - where the games are all free. Again lots of fun for our little guys.
We ate out of the property on the first night (Thursday is a little evening fair/festival thing in Palm Springs) then in room on the second (I wouldnt bother with this again!) and then in Seasons restaurant on the last night - a winner.
My kids loved the Kids Club at the Hyatt - but this place is just so much nicer. Great rooms, great grounds and very relaxing.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kelvinlily
Jonathan K, Manager at The Westin Mission Hills Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Kelvinlily, I am so thrilled to read that you are your family had a great and relaxing time with us. It looks like you took full advantage of everything we had to offer and keep your little ones busy. Thank you for mentioning William & JR for taking great care of your children during their activities – I know they will be happy to be recognized for their great work! Thank you so much for sharing your experience about our resort and we agree with you that the Westin is the best in the area too. We hope to see you again back at the Westin and the Paradise Pool!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I booked at room at the Westin Villas because I was attending a conference being held at it's sister property, the Westin Resort Hotel. Rooms at the hotel were sold out, so I booked here. Its a very comfortable property with nice amenities. The villas have kitchens, spacious bathrooms, comfy beds and a nice living room area. The problem, however, is with the service. Don't expect much from the staff.

The Westin Resort is very big. I checked into my room late and found it to be as far away from the hotel and conference activities as you could possibly be. So, I made a friendly call to the desk the next am to see if they could put me closer to the hotel and conference center. I was told: "We will look into this and get back to you." I had to call twice to follow-up because they didn't follow-up. . Finally, I was told: "We're busy and can't really help you." Not an answer a guest should ever hear. I worked in the resort business for 20 years. Being told "We're busy" is basically saying, "We don't care." A shame. I even offered to downgrade my room quality so that I didn't have to walk from the lower Nile valley to the conference. They shrugged me off. I won't let a healthy walk get in the way of my trip, but its a shame the service is so lacking in TRYING to accomodate a request.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the back end of the parking lot, away from all the service road...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Daniel Z, thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience. Please accept my sincere apology frustrations you experienced with attempting to getting a different room location and for us not getting to yes with your request. As a resort, we do get many requests for room locations and I am sorry we were not able to accommodate you and follow-up & respond appropriately. We will review your experience with our team so we can prevent future occurrences. I am happy to read you enjoyed the villas and grounds here at Westin. If I can be of any assistance and if you wish to discuss further, I would enjoy the opportunity to connect with you and learn more. Best regards.

Jonathan Karp
Director of Operations
760-770-8257

Reviewed April 27, 2013

First I'll start by saying we are Sheraton timeshare owners so we understand that this is NOT a hotel, you do not get daily maid service etc, and we like that! We arrived early and had to wait a couple of hours for our room, no problem, we went to the restaurant that was at the pool and had a leisurely lunch. We checked in two hrs later and our rooms were beautiful, very clean and spacious with two kitchens, a beautiful balcony overlooking the golf course and 1 building away from the villa pool. There are 5 pools on this property. The only issues I have with this property is that it spans about a mile long, if not longer and to get to any of the other pools or restaurants you have to walk in the very hot sun. They do have shuttles ( extended golf carts that seat 6 people) but if they come once an hr you would be lucky....the other thing is the price of drinks is 12 to 14 dollar and they are so weak and tasteless......really guys? So my suggestion is to drink beer or wine, at least you get what you pay for. Being time sharers we can make our own drinks and bring to the pool in plastic jugs with plastic cups, a better alternative if you don't want to have a huge bar tab.

Room Tip: Near the main pool if you want to be around all the action, near the villa pool at the end if you wa...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Bpsmith47, thank you for sharing your experience during your time with us. I am happy to read that your enjoyed the villas and the views from the balcony. Thanks for your feedback about our shuttles and beverages. We appreciate your comments and we will review with our team and look to improve. It is great to read that you took full advantage of all the pools throughout the resorts. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you return for another relaxing getaway.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Mirage
Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to The Westin Mission Hills Villas? Share your experiences!