There is nothing we enjoy more than giving a great rating on a hotel. Unfortunately these units do not meet our high standard of excellence. These units are time share villas and are next to the Westin Hotel. The good first: the housekeeping staff were attentive to our needs and very pleasant. The walking paths around the golf course are a nice feature and we used for our morning and evening walks. The pools were a hit with our kids but needed their balls replaced as half were flat. The tvs are flat screen and seem fairly new, excellent picture. As they are villas they have a washer and dryer which is great.
The not so good: the place is under construction and many units are not available. READ CAREFULLY, there are only two types of units: a very small one bedroom villa with only a queen bed and small kitchen with no oven. We had this unit and it is very tiny, the layout is dark and dingy and lack light and brightness, many of the patio's are dark and under cover, and the whole place needs things replaced and reconditioned. As far as the Westin Heavenly bed, what a joke! The bed creaked, wobbled and the mattress was hard with springs in your back. No soft pillow top here! Don't wear bare feet in the unit as you will find your soles black as soot it no time.
The other unit we tried to get but they said they were sold out is the larger one bedroom villa with a king bed and full kitchen with oven. Make sure when you book you know what you are getting because when you arrive they will say the larger units are all taken. I overheard a number of folks who where in the same boat as us.
Hence, the reception area, where it seems they really don't want to work with you or attempt to find you a unit better suited to your needs. When you are there for a week you would like to think they would honour their word and check with you to see if the unit is meeting your needs. Nothing! It seems they want to get you into your room as quick as they can so you are out of their hair. Compared to the other villa competition in town these villas fall far short and do not meet the high standard we expect at this price point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas is nestled in the Coachella Valley at the base of California's San Jacinto Mountains in the secluded desert oasis known as Rancho Mirage. As a AAA Four Diamond-rated resort, this world-class golf and spa destination promises infinite rejuvenation. Nearby, a mecca of cultural, historical, shopping and outdoor adventure awaits you. Enjoy spacious one and two-bedroom villas with fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, private balconies or patios, separate dining and living room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Mission Hills Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Mission Hills Villas Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Westin Mission Hills Hotel
- Westin Rancho Mirage
- Rancho Mirage Westin
- The Westin Mission Hills Villas Rancho Mirage, CA - California Desert