$144
$169
GardenInn.com
$70
  • Pool
The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa(Rancho Mirage)(Great Value!)
$199
$169
  • Restaurant
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage(Rancho Mirage)(Great Value!)
$309
HIExpress.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,058 results
All reviewsfull kitchenpremium villabedroom villawasher and dryergolf courseeast poolpalm springsthe main hoteltime sharebbq grillstarwood vacationmain poolcovered parkingqueen bedseasons grillparking feeliving area
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We are loyal spg members and have stayed here a few times before with out friends who own a timeshare here. Last time was probably 4-5 years ago.
We were in Palm Springs for a filming for 5 days and decided to stay at this Westin in a King Premier Villa. I specifically requested a room on the first level close to lobby and parking due to my broken toe and that I can barely walk. We get to the hotel around 9:20 on Sept 5th and even thought the Villa desk doesnt close till 9:30, the gate directs us to go checkin at the hotel desk. After driving there, walking the long walk to hotel lobby, I find out our room is far from parking and on the second floor(3506). The so called manager said that he cant do anything and the villa is already assigned. We came back to Villa and there was no parking anywhere close to the building. We parked so far and I had to call one of the club carts to come and take us to the room with our luggage. It turns out that he is the nicest guy we will come across during our whole stay(Martin). I ask for a club car at 6 am to take me back to my car as we have to be on set at 6:30. Nobody shows up. I had to walk all the way to the car with my broken toe so I wont be late waiting around. When I call the hotel that night and complain about this whole situation, the front desk guy says he doesnt know what happened and offers me a $25 resort credit and says that the manager will call me when he comes in. By the time we leave tomorrow, I have spent double that amount tipping club car drivers! And the manager never calls.
I can go on and on about the bad service here. We called the Service Express line on the phone a number of times and was put on hold forever and finally hung up. My husband had to finally go to the cafe and ask for 2 drinks after sitting at the pool waiting for a waiter for an hour. The place is becoming run down and is not maintained properly. The DVD kiosk has old DVDs from 10 years ago. We have decided to check out tomorrow and check into another hotel in Palm springs because I just can not tolerate this place any longer and neither can my broken toe. We asked for our 4 pm checkout as gold SPG members, but they said they cant guarantee anything later than 12.

Good bye Westin Mission Hills and hope we never have to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LaBellaLunaa
JMMoran, General Manager at The Westin Mission Hills Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to speak with me this morning about your experience. As I indicated to you, I'm not one of offer excuses and will not do so, the fact is that we let you down. You have my personal commitment that I will take corrective action and that we'll understand why we had service failures and fix them. Thank you again for telling us about your experience and your feedback; it's always welcome! As a guest and a loyal member of our Starwood Preferred Guest program, your satisfaction is our number one priority and as I indicated to you, I will be your personal liaison on your next visit to the resort. I truly appreciate the opportunity to re-gain your faith and trust in how we deliver service. Thank you again and my team looks forward to exceeding your expectations and providing you with a relaxing and renewing visit.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had a wonderful time at the resort. They were so accommadating and they cater to all your family needs. The staff was superb and the service was phenomenal. We loved our room we had a king bed and our 4 year old son slept on the sofa bed in the livingroom. We enjoyed the jacuzzi and the huge bathroom with separate shower that literally fits 3 people. Housekeeping kept our room extreamly clean. We had excellent customer service from Juan at the front desk to Maribel that was supervising the slide at the pool area. My son keeps on asking us when are we going back to our new vacation home. We would recommend this resort to everyone we have already convinced our extended family to go with us again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Janette G
JMMoran, General Manager at The Westin Mission Hills Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Gonzales family, thank you very much for staying with us and making us your family vacation home! We value your business and your loyalty! We'll share your comments about Juan and Maribel with them; they'll be thrilled that they were able to leave you with such a positive, lasting impression! Thank you again, we're so glad you enjoy the resort and we look forward to serving your family and helping create more memories!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We arrived at the secured/gated entrance of the hotel after a brief 10-15 minute drive from the airport. I injured my back a few days before the trip and the staff was very accommodating - all but one golf cart/shuttle drivers waited patiently for me to enter/exit, I was given a room on the first floor.

The room was priced right (~$135/night), although I booked it through KAYAK.com. The food (all casual dining) and drinks were very reasonably priced too. Kids' menu items and most appetizers were less than $10, entrees were ~$20-25.

Overall, our villa and the property were very clean and well maintained. But, I found hairs on the bathroom floor - YUCK!

The two main pools - one near the villas and one near the hotel - were great. Both had volleyball nets, a slide, kiddie pool, jacuzzi and live music (live band or DJ). The villas pool had a poolside basketball net. Most people at the pool were families, but there were some couples and small groups of friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit! We truly appreciate and value your feedback! I'm glad our team was intuitive and instinctive when it came to assisting you with your needs, and by the way, we hope that your back is feeling better! We're glad that you found the resort a good value and that the amenities were to your liking. We agree, that with the number of pool areas and all the various offerings, the resort has much to offer everyone! Please accept my apology on the hair on the floor. it's great feedback and we'll share it with our Housekeeping team. It's all about our attention to detail! Thank you again, we appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to serving you on your next visit!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Absolutely a fantastic place to go. Plenty to do for kids - we have 10 and 7 year olds. Great grounds, phenomenal pool and staff is first class. Kids activities were perfect and the water slide is fun for all ages. Not the place for peace and quiet the main pool but great for family fun. Rooms are first class too and the golf is great as well.

Room Tip: Check out resort map to make sure you are the "right distance from the pool" for your taste close or far.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your visit! We appreciate your sentiments about the resort and it's amenities. It's through feedback such as yours, that we are better able to provide the product and service that will elicit such feedback as you provided. Thank you again, we'll keep working hard to keep the palce looking and operating at a high level and we look forward to serving you on your next visit!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

The resort has very nice pools-- great for kids and families. The main pool has a waterslide and a great lil' kido pool (3 and under). Lush gradens run between the villas and the property is very clean. The beds were soft with nice linens and the kitchen had granite and was stocked well for preparing meals. If you can, get a larger villa with a bigger kitchen as the 1 bedroom kitchen is very tight. This is a family resort-- not a 5* Westin-- if you want the lux for a night with the spouse rent the hotel next door. Take the family to the Villas. This is a 'vacation owner's' resort, which is a timeshare, FYI. If you are on a promo watch be ready for this. Soft sell and worth the discounted trip. We will go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a larger villa. If you have kids get near the main pool. If the kids are older and you want to relax ask for the smaller pool. Both very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for telling us about your experience! We're so glad that you had a nice visit and enjoyed the amenities! You're right, we have a great pool area, full of amenities for all to enjoy and having the small kiddie pool for the little ones is a big bonus! We're glad that you found your villa large, comfortable and had all the amenities that you needed. Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit with us!