1,069 results
All reviewsfull kitchenpremium villabedroom villawasher and dryergolf courseeast poolpalm springsthe main hoteltime sharebbq grillstarwood vacationmain poolcovered parkingqueen bedseasons grillparking feehotel pool
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This was our first stay in Palm Springs, intended to be a relaxing break between exploring the national parks and LA.

The hotel is large and the rooms are tired. However, they are large and comfortable but the cleanliness isnt as it should be. An example of this is yellow dried fluid on the side of the toilet.

We stayed here during August, being one of few guests in the hotel. The place felt like a ghost town and at times it didn't feel safe.

The location is around 7 miles from the main centre of Palm Springs, so don't stay here if you want to walk to nice restaurants and shops. We dined at Trio in the centre which was excellent.

Whilst the hotel served a purpose we would not return. With modernisation I'm sure the resort could be 5stars, I would rate it as an optimistic 3 star.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 25, 2012

While I had a meeting to attend and was not with my family; I wished they could have been because the Westin Mission Hills Resort and Spa in Rancho Mirage, California had activities for kids, 5 star spa facilities, a beautiful golf course, multiple pools, tennis courts, and 16 acres to explore in a golf cart or by running/walking established trails. If there is a theme for this resort it is "how to be healthy and enjoy it." There are a variety of eating spots with many healthy choices available on the menus which include fresh fish, shellfish, beef, chicken, vegetables and smoothies. The service in all areas was terrific including the front desk, bars, spa, concierge, gift shops and restaurants. My room was spacious with a 9 ft. ceiling, a view of a pond full of ducks and two comfortable queen sized beds with elegant linens and abundant pillows. What's not to love??

Room Tip: The resort is spread out over many acres so work with the front desk to choose a room that meets your needs using the resort map. For instance, do you want to be near the tennis courts, main restaurants, spa, work out facilities or golf course?
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Every hotel that I review is from the perspective of a platinum SPG member and the special service that I'm "supposed" to receive.
I was driving from north San Diego to Phoenix with kids and before they make me crazy while I drive I decided to book a one night stay at this hotel that it's around half way of my trip.
I check in around 4 PM because I codnt get an earlier check in from them and the hotel is very clean and an ok value for the price specially during the dog days of summer.
At the check in I have to remind the guy about my welcome gift and after that he rapidly tells me that I cannot forget that the check out time is 10 AM. I proceed to tell him that the industry check out time is noon but his answer is that those are the property rules. After remind him that I was a platinum member and that I have a late check out at 4PM the answer is the same one. You need to get out by 10 am.

I proceed to my "upgraded" room and by the way I booked their best room for my stay and I got a room all the way down the main road and when I finally find it there's no parking spots available so I have to park about 600 feet from the room.

I grab the kids that are super happy because there's a nice water slide in the pool so we walk that way. By the way the resort is by a golf resort so they have beutifull views of the golf course We jump in to the slide that my kids are looking forward To and when we turn around to do it again is 5 pm and the slide is close for the rest of the day.

When I returned to my room I had a voice mail reminding me that I have to check out by 10am the following day

This is not a bad hotel, but if you are a platinum member there are many other SPG options in this area that will value your loyalty much better. Plus their check out at 10 am should be illegal.

• Stayed: July 2012
JMMoran, General Manager at The Westin Mission Hills Villas, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your visit! We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to be more instinctive and intuitive when it comes to delivering service. As a platinum guest, it's imperative that we recognize you as such and deliver on your expectations. I'm not one to offer excuses, we did not do so here, and please accept my sincere apology. You have my commitment that we'll fix this. I would sure like to have the opportunity to serve you again or at least to connect with you to reiterate our commitment to you as a platinum guest. Please feel free to reach out to me at the property so we may connect. Thank you again and be well!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is our second year spending part of our summer at the Westin and I cannot say enough about the great customer service. A few weeks before arriving I broke both of my ankles. I couldn't cancel because two other families were splitting the week in one of the units we rented and to cancel would have ruined their vacations. So, I forged ahead expecting to be miserable the whole time. Thanks to the staff at the Westin it was a fabulous time for all. Before arriving I emailed the general manager and asked for a ground level unit. I explained about my ankles and the fact that our party included special needs children. He left me a message assuring me he was taking care of everything. As I pulled up to the front gate I was worrying about how I would get checked in and manage to drag everything into the room with my broken ankles. As soon as I arrived at the security gate and gave my name the staff there informed me that my keys were at the gate and I had already been checked in. Boy, someone was really on the ball!! Before I could even think to ask for assistance with our stuff I was told that someone was being called to help me with our things and would meet me in the parking lot. Sure enough, as soon as I parked Martine arrived on a cart and loaded everything from the car onto his cart and transported me and my daughter to the room( which was on the first floor and near the pool so I didn't have to go far on my scooter/crutches to get there). He unloaded everything and made multiple trips to carry everything into the room. He then told me if we needed a ride to dinner or anywhere else on property to just call and he would be happy to pick us up. This was the level of customer service during our entire stay. I have stayed at many 5 star properties both in and out of the country and have not received better treatment then my stay at the Westin. The difference between a good property and a really great 5 star plus property is that staff at a good property fills your needs and attends to requests as they come up. Staff at a great property anticipate the needs of their guests in advance and fills them without having to be told.

The rooms were immaculate and the grounds were lovely and well maintained. Every sfaff we encountered, especially Maria at the front desk as well as Alex, demonstrated the highest level of customer care. Both of the other families that spent part of the week with us are already asking what the dates are for next year. Thank you Westin staff. You turned what I thought was going to be a disaster of a week into a wonderful family vacation with nothing but great memories.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
JMMoran, General Manager at The Westin Mission Hills Villas, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

WOW, thank you so much for letting us know that we've exceeded your expectations! We appreciate that you reached out to us prior to your visit and allowed us the opportunity of ensuring we were ready to deliver! The team prides itself on service and enjoys connecting with our guests to make Mission Hills a home away from home. I'm so glad that the team was able to do that for you and that we were able to allevaite any concerns you may have had about what your experience would be! Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again on your next visit!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

The Westin Mission Hills Resort is a hidden gem in the glamorous CA/Rancho Mirage.This is a perfect spot for family vacations or a nice weekend getaway. I visited with a group of friends and from the setting to amenities and helpful friendly staff, our staying was a wonderful experience!!!

Tip: Check out is noon so plan accordingly to avoid late fee charges...

Room Tip: The Villas are large but you can upgrade to suites which are really spacious to celebrate a small gathering with friends.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends