1,069 results
All reviewsfull kitchenpremium villabedroom villawasher and dryergolf courseeast poolpalm springsthe main hoteltime sharebbq grillstarwood vacationmain poolcovered parkingqueen bedseasons grillparking feehotel pool
Reviewed December 12, 2011

This is our our "original" home resort in the Starwood Network and has been since 2003. Starwood managed to sell us others, but this place holds a special place in our hearts as it was our first experience and the people who work here are wonderful.
Let's start with Maria Kelly at the front desk, always there with a smile and a willingness to try and accomodate our needs. Enjoy her very much. If something isn't right, she fixes it, that's good service. Her attitude is one of "I love my job and the people I service". And we love her.

Dave Williams is second on my list of people who clearly love their jobs at Starwood. Always accomodating and conscientious of people enjoying themselves. If there is a problem, he fixes it.
Kudos to Esther too at the front desk.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pmattabs
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Got to the villas after dark. Front desk help pulled out a tiny map and said just drive
down the street and walk this path and you'll be right there. She neglected to tell us how
hard it would be to find anything in the dark, much less our room! Had to go
back twice to ask further directions. We were tired; senior citizens but not THAT old, and none of the signs are lighted, nor were her directions of any value. (We do a lot of travelling, but never had this problem before! Hope some day when she is our age,someone gives her as rotten directions as she gave us! Very frustrating experience! Needless to say, we will never stay there again and she ruined what could have been a nice experience! We are an SPG gold member card holder. They need new front desk help desperately. This happened 12/6/2011.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank MidwestHappytraveler
Reviewed December 5, 2011

A couple of friends and myself traveled to Ranch Mirage for a week of golf. As a Starwood Vacation Owner, I traded one of my other properties for the week at the Westin Mission Hills Villas. Our room was one of the two bedroom lock-off villas. This was my first trip to this resort. The property is completely enclosed and entrance to the facility is through a manned security gate. The first nice touch was that we were "pre-registered" and received keys, parking pass, etc. at the gate when we drove in, which means I didn't have to go to the front desk to fill out any paperwork. Instead, we were directed straight to the rooms. All of the parking is outdoors and is not assigned. Covered parking is available if you get there before it fills up. I felt that the parking availability was somewhat limited, as there were times that I had to park quite a distance from the room. All of the buildings are two-story and our room was on the second story. I noticed that the stairways to the second floor were a little narrow and I saw no elevators available. Someone with a physical disability may find it difficult to traverse the stairways and would probably want to request a ground floor room. Our rooms overlooked the second tee of the Mission Hills Pete Dye Resort Course, which provided a wonderful view. The next "nice touch" that I found was that each villa had a private gas-fired barbecue on the balcony. The other Westin resorts I have been to all had "community barbecue areas" and sometimes you would have to wait for an available grill. Not so here. The layout of the rooms was very typical for a Westin resort, and anyone that has stayed in one before would find it very familiar. For those that have never stayed in one, the two bedroom lock-off villa consists of a one bedroom villa with a king bed, jetted tub (this one was quite large), a large, two-sink bathroom, full kitchen, dining area, and living room with a queen hide-a-bed sofa. There is a gas-fired "fake" fireplace in the living room and in the master bedroom. In addition, there's a "studio villa" attached, consisting of a queen bed, smaller bathroom with shower over tub, smaller kitchen/dining area and again a queen hide-a-bed sofa. There is a lockable door between the two villas that can be secured or (in our case) left open. All in all, this arrangement is capable of sleeping up to 8 people. The kitchens are fully equipped and there are washer and dryers in both rooms. There is complimentary wireless internet available, although I found it to have a weak signal and transmission was a little on the slow side.
There is a very large recreation area with a pool that's the size of Lake Michigan, water slide, and a separate heated spa that could accomodate about 10-12 people comfortably.I saw an outdoor pool table there available for use, but I didn't see everything that may have been available in the area. There was a modestly equipped exercise room with 4 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, a recumbant bike, some dumbells and a universal weight machine. All machines were in perfect working order.
All of the other Westin resorts that I've stayed at had a small store on site where you could pick up essentials or maybe some wine or beer. Mission Hills did not have such a store at the Villas, although I was told that there was a store at the Mission Hills Resort Hotel which was about 1/8 of a mile away. Also at the Hotel was the spa, where you could get the typical spa treatments (massage, facial, etc.). A shuttle runs between the Villas and the Hotel, but we never made the trip.
I didn't have a lot of contact with the staff, but those that I did come in contact with were typical and displayed the Westin hospitality that I have grown accustomed to.
All in all, it was a very enjoyable trip and I would highly recommend this facility to anyone traveling to the Palm Springs area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank TwoDisos
Villas_Dave, Director Of Operations at The Westin Mission Hills Villas, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

Hello TwoDisos—

Thank you for taking the time to post a response on TripAdvisor regarding your most recent experience at our Villas. Your review provides future guests with a good sense of what to expect when joining us for their renewal.
Our Front Office leadership has implemented the “pre-register” for our owners who are arriving and if their villa is ready. We are working out the final details to allow all guest to register at the entrance if their Villa is ready, providing that efficient arrival experience we all want when traveling, glad to read it is making a difference all ready.
I agree that some of our stairways are a little narrow, but please rest assured that we are ADA compliant and we have 3 of our buildings available with elevators to the 2nd floor so that everyone has access to 2nd floor of our Villas.
Based on your description of your Villas you enjoyed a “lock off” which would include a Premium Villa connecting with a Deluxe Villa allowing 8 to enjoy a vacation comfortably. Unfortunately we don’t have private BBQ on each Villa, but every Premium does have one to offer. For our guests enjoying a Deluxe Villa we do have 5 community BBQs and every Villa is equipped with BBQ utensils.
Our Fitness Center is limited, but all the equipment is brand new. Being that we have a sister property Westin on our property we partner with them for amenities including their expanded and recently remodeled fitness center.
Your are correct about not having a small shop with sundries, but we do host a Farmers Market on Mondays and Wednesday mornings in the clubhouse which includes fresh baked goods, local farm produce, fresh coffees and other items that would make great gifts for the holidays.
Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your experiences during your stay. While we respect the anonymity of TripAdvisor if anyone would to reach out to me directly to further discuss I can be reached at dave.williams01@westin.com or via phone 760-770-8257.
Be Well & happy Holidays, Dave Williams – Dir of Operations.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

It is what we would expect from Westin. Clean,very comfortable. Excellent comfortable beds . Luxury bathrooms. We stayed in the villas rather than the hotel but ate at both.The food in the restaurants was good.The services an amenities are available to both the hotel and villas. There are play areas for children. The resort is on a golf course. The service was prompt and efficient.There are pools at the hotel as well as the villas. one of the pools at the villas has a water slide. A health club, spa, tennis courts, and fitness center are available for adults. Twice a week craft markets are held in the villa lobby. Terrific jewelry and clothing items.

Room Tip: I didn't see any specific problems.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank naturescape
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We've been to this property a number of times. We have a time share here, wish we didn't but live and learn. Don't get me wrong, we LOVE this resort. Timeshares for people who need to be able to travel with very short notice DON'T work out! What annoys us, is that we were told that it would be no problem as long as we didn't plan on coming at Christmas, Easter or Spring break. This is not the case. Anyways, I'm not here to rip on timeshares or fibbers.
1st the good: Beautiful landscape, meandering long walkways for joggers or walkers, well-appointed rooms, nice work out facility and really friendly helpful staff. Close to most shops and restaurants, 5 to 15 min drive depending on where you want to go.
The not so great: Some loud rude guests, yes, guests! I know they're everywhere, not just at this property. But WHY?! Just remember that most hotels that aren't BRAND NEW, do not have amazing sound-proofing!! We CAN HEAR you yelling at your kids, laughing and talking loud as you pass by our door at midnight, your child (or you), dragging suitcases/chairs/etc across the floor, your kids running in and out slamming doors early in the a.m. and late at night. Have some respect people!! Do you just not care that you're wrecking my family's expensive and long-awaited holiday?? In fact WE DO have kids, but well-behaved and respectful ones, that don't yell, scream, slam, etc. And neither do us grown-ups! I am amazed at the plain and simple rudeness of many adults, that are passing that lovely trait down to their kids. Shame. You, yes, you. Stop it.
We have also met many wonderful friendly people here, who are not rude jagweeds.
And because the 'Jerry Springer set' will be found at all and any hotel/resort, I still give this one a big 'thumbs-up' and still come back a couple of times per year.
ps… if you call front desk and complain about the rude morons, staff does address the issue.

Room Tip: ask for room that's not backing the parking lot.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family