“Good Food, Great Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shame on the Moon

Shame on the Moon
Ranked #7 of 102 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Palm Desert, California
“Good Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Upon our 2nd visit, it seemed as if we had returned to our hometown. You are called by name and treated as a valued customer. The menu is extensive, and the food very good. The service is outstanding. When we want to be sure that our dining experience will be great, we always go to Shame on the Moon. What is very telling in this desert resort area is that during the summer, when things are slow, this restaurant is always busy.

• Visited September 2012

“SERVICE A++”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Yes, it is all you have read it to be. I met Ginger, and she surprised me with a greeting on my table just for me. I was dining alone. I work in the area and had to see what was up with the famous liver and onions. My last serving was 30 years ago!! Well, it is tasty. The sauce is delicious ( ask for more) the liver is cooked just right. The mashed potatoes are to die for. The service is the best in the desert. ( i eat at all the restaurants for work.) my dessert was the chocolate cake. VERY moist, very good. Actually great! I came a second time for the ahi tuna. That was good too, very generous servings for everything. You must try this place. It is special. It will take you back to when dining out wad classy and you were treated like a star!!!!!!

Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent and unexpected experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I went for dinner - I had him take a peak inside the restaurant to see if it looked like a good place and he waved me in right away. The atmosphere is very nice but comfortable. We went early and shortly after we got there it started filling up. I can see why - the service by everyone was superb - friendly, informative and prompt. My husband had the Ahi Tuna and said its the second best he has ever had (the first being the Capital Grille) so I would say that is high praise. I had veal pot roast with marsala sauce and I have never had anything like it. You could cut the veal with a fork and it melted in your mouth. Soup or salad came with the entree. It was an amazing meal and we thought reasonably priced for the quality and the fact that the salad or soup was included. I would highly recommend.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank ScenicRt
Redmond, Washington
“Personal Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

As titled, the personal service is above and beyond ordinary. First time as guests of friends, and when you arrive there is a welcome placard on your table welcoming you by name.
the staff makes you feel like your table is the only one they are serving.
Food is excellent and prices vary but they also offer a special price if ordered at specific times, like an early bird special, and the staff also mentions it.
Next time we are in the area we will have reservations made ahead of time.

• Visited October 2012
high river
“Wish we'd found it sooner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012 --tried Shame on the moon for first time after hearing from others that it was very nice good food etc etc. Well thats an understatement it was EXCELLENT. the summer menu had loads of great options. the four of us each had a different item and everyone was very pleased-- best Nicoise sald Ive ever had. The portions- even tho it was a lower priced set menu for the summer - were just right.
and the martinis well dont order a double you wont need it theyd have to just bring the bottle and some ice! The bread was hot from the oven crispy on the outside and tender and flavorful on the iside. The Malbec was a great choice too.
Waiter Marty was great.
No tricks here - definitely aTREAT will happily return many times in the future.
Charlotte Jackson High River Alberta / Palm Desert residents

The only reason I checked VG on atmosphere was that we were inside and it was a full house so a bit noisy to visit with all the chatter but no reflection on the decor, cleanliness etc etc it was immaculate and decore very tasteful - will try to get terrace reservation next time

• Visited October 2012