“Our new favorite in the desert!”
Review of Shame on the Moon

Shame on the Moon
Ranked #8 of 103 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Upland, California
“Our new favorite in the desert!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We checked this restaurant out after reading the reviews on tripadvisor, and let me tell you, it lived up to all those reviews The food was amazing! My husband and I had the seared ahi. It was by far the largest piece of ahi I have ever had in a restaurant, and done to perfection. The salads which are included with the entree were delish! I also was impressed with their wine list, they had a great selection. We were seated in the garden room, it was quiet, romantic, and added to the ambience of the evening.

1 Thank Kinderteacher76

Perthshire, Scotland
“Faultless”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Felt welcome as soon as we stepped through the door. Served in a very professional and friendly manner. The food was as good as we've tasted in any restaurant.
We'll surely be back.

Salem, Oregon, United States
“Favorite Restaurant the Desert!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

From the moment you step in the door, Ginger (fabulous!) makes you feel as though you are the only diners - even though the place is PACKED! The main dining room is happening but not noisy, dim but not dark and very alive (main dining room is preferable to the "garden room" because of the total experience). A perfectly made lemon drop (cold and just right) is followed by dinner of salad, Tilapia and basmati rice (yummy). Dessert: a decaf latte that truly is "dessert". Service is unbelievable - just right: not too much but a genuine exchange with correct amount of attention. Truly my favorite restaurant in the desert! (Make sure you have reservations as SOTM is not a secret!)

Trier
“Take me to the Moon....”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

On our last stay in Palm Springs, we went three times to Shame on the Moon. Already when entering, everyone is greated very warmly by the hostess. Our reserved table was always ready and the waiters are extremely friendly and competent. The restaurant has a main room with the bar and a garden room. The decor is classy with white tablecloths, purple napkins and tealight candles.

Now about the food: the signature dish is calf's liver and my husband had it twice. I myself ate scallops and shrimp and the seared ahi steak. On our last night, we both had filet mignon which was wonderful. The house salad with blue cheese dressing is also highly recommendable.

For me, Shame on the Moon is clearly the best restaurant in Palm Springs. We are already looking forward to going back!

1 Thank marwag
Palm Desert, California
“Great Attentive Service As Soon As You Walk Thru The Door”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife & I visited Shame On The Moon for my Mother-In-Law's 82nd birthday. There were 8 of us in the party and we were given a great table that worked prefectly for our group. The hostess was so welcoming and we felt quite at ease which everyone knows can be quite a struggle at someone's 82nd birthday !!! These guys really know what they're doing and it shows ! The service was spot-on but not overwhelming......they never made us feel rushed in any way. The menu is varied and the quality very good. The dishes are prepared well and altered to your liking.....more like comfort food than "gourmet" but with nice twists. All were quite satisfied with their meals and the entire experience.

• Visited September 2012