“Take me to the Moon....”
Review of Shame on the Moon

Shame on the Moon
Ranked #9 of 104 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2012

On our last stay in Palm Springs, we went three times to Shame on the Moon. Already when entering, everyone is greated very warmly by the hostess. Our reserved table was always ready and the waiters are extremely friendly and competent. The restaurant has a main room with the bar and a garden room. The decor is classy with white tablecloths, purple napkins and tealight candles.

Now about the food: the signature dish is calf's liver and my husband had it twice. I myself ate scallops and shrimp and the seared ahi steak. On our last night, we both had filet mignon which was wonderful. The house salad with blue cheese dressing is also highly recommendable.

For me, Shame on the Moon is clearly the best restaurant in Palm Springs. We are already looking forward to going back!

1  Thank marwag

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife & I visited Shame On The Moon for my Mother-In-Law's 82nd birthday. There were 8 of us in the party and we were given a great table that worked prefectly for our group. The hostess was so welcoming and we felt quite at ease which everyone knows can be quite a struggle at someone's 82nd birthday !!! These guys really know what they're doing and it shows ! The service was spot-on but not overwhelming......they never made us feel rushed in any way. The menu is varied and the quality very good. The dishes are prepared well and altered to your liking.....more like comfort food than "gourmet" but with nice twists. All were quite satisfied with their meals and the entire experience.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Every visit to the restaurant over the years has been enjoyable. The excellent service and warm atmosphere gets the evening started. The menu has a great variety and the food is highest quality. There is a romantic vibe but it is also good to share with friends.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We went to Shame on the Moon to celebrate my 58th birthday. Ginger was very welcoming to this rookie of her establishment and Dennis our waiter was very good and pleasant. We sat in the main dining room which was quite nice. We found the food to be very good and reasonably priced. I would definitely go back again!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Once again Shame on the Moon stands high for a dinner restaurant with a warm greeting "welcome back" at the door and delivers until the end. The service is excellent with a menu that makes decisions hard for a classic or a new combination untried. There is a small bar obviously familiar where you are individually served. Any table is a good one and the small garden room allows for a more intiment conversation. My daughter was proposed to here on a blue moon and married six months later on another blue moon. So Shame on the moon holds a special place in our hearts with grandkids Gracie Moon and Benjamin Blue. Never a disappointment and no rush here.