“Nice patio, good food, good value”
Review of Acqua Pazza - CLOSED

Acqua Pazza
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed the meal we had here. We had reservations to sit on the patio next to the water and were accommodated. They have a special of "three course dinner for $19.95" and it is well worth the price. The food was delicious. The people who were "sadly disappointed" and "extremely disappointed" likely had unrealistic expectations and brought it on themselves by not being specific about what they wanted.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband & I stopped by at 4 PM on a Saturday afternoon. There were 2 girls at the hostess station. They both saw us, 1 of them barely acknowledged us. We told them we would like to sit on the patio. They told us that it was warm out there. We said that was okay because we had just come out of a movie and we were a bit chilly. They took us to a seat on the side of the patio that was in direct sunlight. I asked if we could sit at a nearby table that was in the shade. (On a handful of tables on the patio were occupied.) The hostess told us that the seats in the shade were reserved for customers who make reservations. I was shocked that she actually told us that. We then asked to be seated in the middle of the patio, where the majority of tables were and were told that there was a party of 45 that would be occupying that space. We told her we would come back another time. We then ate at another restaurant in the complex. We walked back by the patio after dining at the other restaurant approx. 50 minutes later and the patio was not full at all. Of course I can't comment on their food but we were very disappointed in the lack of "customer service". We live in Las Vegas and you can make almost any request at any restaurant there and they will do their best to accommodate you.

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I never write a bad review. So I hesitate in doing so. However, as beautiful Palm Springs is, I would hate for another vacationer to be disappointed without fair warning.

Behind the hostess station is a wall covered with plaques of "best in the city" awards. Unfortunately, instead of using those plaques as a standard of service that the restaurant was going to hold itself to, I felt it was their way of saying I was lucky to be dining with them.

We had a 5:45 pm reservation. Yes 5:45 so we should have caught them on their game. At 6:00 we were taken to a two top alongside the runway where all the servers race up and down. I immediately asked for a table not parallel to this runway. I was told no. At the time there were 14 other tables that would have worked for us. 10 of those 14 remained open during the next 45 minutes.

After 10 minutes of getting bumped, and having countless servers blow past us, I went to the hostess stand and asked if she could send the front of the house manager to our table. After another 10 minutes went by the hostess apologized and said "I can't find the manager".

One of the managers, Dalia, came by, and I explained we were very unhappy with the table. She understood and promptly moved us. We were appreciative.

The quality of the food did not compensate for the poor, busy ambiance. The Caesar salad was served on a warm plate. I could not taste the lobster in the lobster ravioli. Our server only asked us how the food was 20 minutes after it was served.

It was clear from our body language through the meal that we were unhappy. Dalia at the end of the meal offered us a complimentary cup of coffee. I would not have accepted anything more and I would have been insistent to have paid the bill in full, however for what the restaurant delivered they should have offered more. I guess I go back to they believe all the awards behind the hostess stand.

Again, I regret writing such a negative review.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Reservations definitely recommended. First time there for lunch we didn't have one, but they give you a pager that signals when to return to the restaurant. Very good lunch.
We returned for dinner, reservation made in-order to sit outside. Two of us went with the $19.00 3 course special and two went with the regular menu.
Check out the inside. There is a totally different feel, but looked enjoyable.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We had lunch here and there was a great choice at a very reasonable cost. The vichyoisse was perfect on a hot day and delicious. Service can be a bit confused but everyone is very helpful. We can't tackle US size portions and these were quite manageable. Real pieces of lobster tail in the ravioli! Delicious