“Nice setting by "The River" with California style menu”
Review of Acqua Pazza - CLOSED

Acqua Pazza
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Our group of six family members visited this restaurant for lunch. It has good food selections( they also serve breakfast, Sunday brunch and dinner),and everybody found something suitable on the menu.We arrived without having mad a reservation. Despite the fact that the place looked very busy by the time we arrived, we did get a table very quickly. There was some wait for the food, but it was not unreasonably long, considering the fact that it was busy.Prices are fairly reasonable, but food presentation was not outstanding. The Chinese Chicken Salads which had been ordered by two of our party consisted of a pile of Chinese cabbage(no other vegetable in it) and shredded chicken, and the whole affair looked rather colourless. We had said"no" to the deep fried,crispy wontons, and the dressing was non-specific and positively non-Asian.The plus of this restaurant is the nice setting and an extensive menu catering to guests from morning till night.It also seems to be popular because of a very nice patio area by the water course. For this we can recommend it, but otherwise the experience was non-remarkable.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I found myself here again meeting friends from down valley. It was, once again, a good call. It was a perfect Southern California afternoon so sitting outside was a must.
The patio is bordered by the fountain and pond so you feel far off the parking lot and the 111. I was in the mood for a light lunch and opted for the Pear Salad, a perfect choice for a warm afternoon. My friends split a sandwich and a bowl of soup which they fully enjoyed. This is the third time I have eaten here and the food has been consistently good. However I will stop short of raving about the service. It is a sure bet for a good lunch in the great California outdoors!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The food was great.The food presentation on the plate was very nice. The plates were hot. The coffee was delicious and extra hot. The waiters were very efficient. Pricing was good. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

A wide number of menu choices with very fair pricing. During the season and summer evenings choose the outdoor dining.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Of all the restaurants I've dined in across the country, this is by far the worst. I will never be back. My husband and I decided to try it last Sunday based on a recommendation from a co-worker. It must have been a bad joke. Prices were slightly above average for the area however, the restaurant and patio itself were gorgeous. We were excited to try it. The menu was vast and everything sounded amazing. That's where the excitment stopped. Service was subpar, and the food was almost inedible. I ordered the Chicken Florentine (stuffed with spinach, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese - how could you go wrong!). For starters, half of the ingredients were missing. There were no sun-dried tomatoes or goat cheese anywhere in the chicken or on th plate. It was obvious that no seasoning of any kind is used in that restaurant (not even s/p). There was no flavor of any kind. The chicken itself was dry and hard (and also not seasoned). The 'side of veggies' was literally 3 pieces of asparagus slathered in oil (again no seasoning). We tried 3 bites and left, never to return again.

I hear it's the same owner and head chef as LuLu's in Palm Springs - we haven't been there either and we certainly won't make that mistake again.......worst ever.