“Eclectic and fresh”
Review of Acqua Pazza - CLOSED

Acqua Pazza
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Aspen, Colorado
“Eclectic and fresh”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Here's another favorite I have been visiting for several years. Whether you are by yourself or with family and friends, Acqua Pazza and their sister restaurant in Palm Springs are both inviting.

The varied menu allows you to enjoy a variety of fare to meet any palate. The service, atmosphere and quality of food make these restaurants a must visit on your trip to the desert.

Our most recent dinner, last night, only reinforced why this is one of our favorites.

Visited February 2014

Victoria, Canada
“Lovely but lacking”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I wish Trip Advisor had a rating between Average and Very Good, i.e. "Good" because Acqua Pazza is not very good but a notch better than average. Very pretty setting, waterfront, fountains, etc. but the food does not meet expectations. It is commercial in taste, as if every sauce came out of a can or freezer, mass produced from an assembly line. Mushroom soup was quite tasty, but Vichyssoise had a strange "off" taste. Lobster ravioli was generous with the lobster but smothered in a run of the mill sauce, eggplant Parmigiana just ok. Eating in North America you wonder why the portions are so huge and the quality is so often lacking, compared to, say, France where the most ordinary little bistro can be counted on to serve a small portion of memorable food. Service was very good even if the ordered draft beer was missing for a while. Would not recommend for the food only for the setting.

• Visited February 2014
San Jose, California
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

They were down one waiter on a very busy 12/26 so we did have to wait for awhile to be seated and also for our food. The choices were ample as were the servings. The quality of food was stunningly good. It is located in a beautiful center with numerous other attractions. The prices were reasonable for the luncheon we enjoyed. I chose two appetizers, the calamari friti and the portobello tower and my friend enjoyed her pasta dish. I tasted hers and it was quite tasty too although a little rich for my taste. She loved it.

• Visited December 2013
Los Angeles
“Airline Food on the Ground”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We've eaten here a number of times but usually at the suggestion of friends. There is nothing at all wrong with the food but there is nothing at all memorable about anything we've ever eaten here. Everything tends to be a bit bland, slightly overcooked and terribly "safe". I have never used salt in my life and I find the food underseasoned. The wine list is boring.

My most recent dinner this weekend featured tilapia with a mound of vegetables. I expected it to be plain and I was not disappointed. My wife's lobster roll was actually pretty decent, especially since we are as far from Maine as possible. The mushroom soup was several steps above canned soup but from scratch it was not. Our friends seemed to enjoy their dinner but they admit to not being adventurous in dining and liking to play it safe.

All in all, it was like eating airline food. Having said that, the staff is very pleasant at the restaurant, and that is usually much more than I can say about an airplane. So perhaps the analogy to airline food is not completely accurate!

• Visited January 2014
HIghland Park, Il
“best dining "bang for your buck" deal in the desert”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We visit the desert often throughout the winter months. Being from Chicago, we know good food. Acqua Pazza is by far one of our favorite restaurants in the desert. The ambience is charming, the food delicious and the prices are incredibly reasonable. On our last visit, we had the pleasure of being served by Sarah. She could not have been any nicer. It was a cool evening, so dining outside by the heater, made it feel like we were in front of a cozy fireplace. The lights of the partio are beautiful, and though the restaurant flanks the highway #111, we never heard the noise of the traffic. Dining inside is a viable alternative, the restaurant is funky and inviting. We look forward to returning to our favorite restaurant in Rancho Mirage... teri heyden

• Visited January 2014