“Started horrible ended great”
Review of Acqua Pazza - CLOSED

Acqua Pazza
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Rancho Mirage, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Started horrible ended great”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Some friends and I dinned at Acqua Pazza last night November 12th and the night started off absolutely horrible we where ready to leave after our first server greeted us and never returned with our drinks.. So I flagged down a staff member and asked him to cancel our drinks and that we where leaving.

Patrick the young man we flagged down apologized right away and said that he would like to the opportunity to turn our night around and assured us the evening would get better. And indeed it did Patrick was excellent and made our evening one to remember. We will be back

1 Thank Misssally45

Lake Tahoe
“Mediocre food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This place is VERY popular and the only reason I can think of is that the Early Bird Special is a lot of food for not a lot of money. I'm not sure that it is a great value as the food is pretty average at best.
The rolls we were served were so stale we were worried we might break a tooth if we ate them.
The side of "steamed" vegetables we ordered was swimming in oil. EVERYTHING comes with fried onion rings that are pretty much all batter.
I ordered the salmon with spinach and potatoes and had to hunt for both the spinach and the potatoes, when I finally found them buried under my salmon, I wished that I hadn't. The spinach was as chewy as bubble gum and the potatoes were complete mush.
The recommended house white wine was a pretty poor excuse for a Sauvignon Blanc, you'll want to stay away from that, unless your nose is stuffed up.
Service, though friendly is slow and we were offered meals and dessert meant for other tables THREE times in the course of our meal. The same thing happened at the table next to us.
No one appeared to fill our water glasses the entire meal, though the young waiter, got very friendly and did spend al lot of time with us at the end of our meal when he brought the check, and was helpful in pointing out the 20-25% tip calculations that were pre-printed on the bottom of the receipt.
Though you can get a lot of food on the Early Bird Special price for not a lot of money, during normal hours dinner for two without appetizers, one glass of house wine, one beer and no dessert was over $75 with tip, so I would not call this place a great value!
You can do better in Palm Desert!

Inkpen, United Kingdom
“Great evening”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I were visiting Rancho Mirage from the UK and decided to dine at Acqua Pazza one evening - very glad we did. The food was to a very good standard and the service was good as well. We would go back if in the area.

Cathedral City
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Another part of life's rich Pageant--Aqua Pazza”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Our recent visit to Aqua Pazza was one of the BEST and ENJOYABLE experiences as a direct result of our waiter, Patrick! He was attentive for sure, but went beyond the call of duty when he got my doggie a bone. Patrick made some excellent recommendations as to what each of our party of four ordered, and followed up making sure we were all satisfied--For sure we were all very Pleased! The servers were all very punctual in delivering our meals and bringing more rolls and butter and kept our water glasses full. We have been long-standing customers of the restaurant--love dining on the patio and, of course, the food which, clearly is very good......and bargain priced.
Needless to say, we will continue to be loyal patrons--It's at the top of our list. Steve Reid

1 Thank stevebreid681
Poland, Ohio
“California bistro”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Its a nice California bistro with large portions so go hungry, share or take a doggie bag home for another meal. It has a diverse menu, good salads.

Visited September 2013