“Beautiful setting, horrible experience”
Review of Acqua Pazza - CLOSED

Acqua Pazza
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Had lunch here on a warm Feb. day. Wait staff was very slow, distant, not engaging at all. My friend and I were seated at the edge of the water - pretty, right? Yes, but painful. The sun was quite hot and the plexiglass wall magnified the intensity. I had my forearms covered with napkins to keep them from burning, and the staff said nothing. My friend had to get up and stand on the other side of the restaurant. Shame is the food was quite good.

There are newer reviews for Acqua Pazza

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This restaurant is a cut abouve the other over priced places in Palm Springs - They have a 3 course $20 dinner deal that is real good - I had the fish and yummy... reservations recommended - This eatery won't disappoint

Reviewed March 5, 2013

While visiting in Palm Desert, CA, we made several trips to Acqua Pazza at The River during their Happy Hour. The wine was inexpensive; the food was similarly at a very good price and very tasty (try the Kobe burger). We never did utilize the restaurant itself since the Happy Hour prices were so satisfactory. To get a good seat in the proper area however, an early arrival is recommended - preferably no later that 4:30-5:00. Give it a try and I believe you'll be very pleased.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This restaurant turned out to be a mixed experience. We were attracted to the nice dining area outside. My wife had the Angel Hair Pasta with A fresh Tomato Sauce, which she enjoyed. I ordered the 3 course set meal. Much to my surprised I was served the starter and main course at the same time, which I found very odd. I sent the main course back, otherwise it would have been cold by the time I ate it. The starter was a Mushroom Soup, it was great. The main course was a Meat Loaf, it was bland, the only taste came from the light coating of tomato sauce. The dessert was a Tiramisu, it was OK. Overall, with the disappointing main course we'd probably not try this place again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

First we wish to thank the management for being a pet friendly establishment for the outside patio area. We travel with a well behaved mini poodle that is a certified therapy dog. I witnessed two separate diners who were rather perturbed that the restaurant would allow "dogs". Anoter diner had two standard poodles at another table, none of which were bothering anyone. I on the other hand was enjoying the fact that they would allow those type of people to be seated near us. If you hate dogs- ask to be re-seated, especially in a place that welcomes dogs. The inside restaurant has a fantastic decor and does not allow pets, nice place for dog haters to seat. Anyway, our expectations were let down right away as we and other diners waited an unusually long time to have a server bring water and a menu. This was at about 12:15pm and they should have been prepared for the lunch crowd. Our waiter did not know the menu and when I ordered the three course special for $19.99 he told me that I could not have minestrone and a ceasar salad, even when the menu clearly stated the soup was an appetizer and the salad the main course--once I proved to him he was wrong he apologized. The drinks we ordered were well made and tasty. Warm crusty bread was served along with our lunch. One order was for a spinach and mushroom omelette, the quality of which was poor at best , do not recommend. My order for the special was also disappointing for a place that has such a high rating. The soup was more like a vegetable soup, the Caesar salad with chicken was perhaps the worst I have ever eaten. It lacked a good tasting dressing, the chicken was like a Costco frozen chicken breast that had been slightly warmed, the grated cheese was bland, and the waiter did not offer to grind pepper. The third course was a fresh fruit cup that was actually nicely prepared. This place is in a fantastic location and very busy- I have no idea why except it must be easy to please the tourists and snow birds, especially those that hate dogs. Just kidding, most of the diners came over to pet our poodle and say what a wonderful dog we have and thanked us for working with ill people with our therapy dog. Actually one of the disgusted dog hater women still had an Obama button on, (go figure-thought that election was over) so I guess she is not too progressive. Perhaps a trip to Paris would help. Our bill came to $54 for a lunch that neither of us finished. Too many other great places in the valley to go here again.