“MAN, Beware the Calories and Sodium!!!”

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Ranked #39 of 105 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Have driven by several of this chain of restaurant and decided to stop in and see what it is all about. This is like a 50's diner on steroids. Tons and tons of burgers, different and interesting drink combinations and a huge general menu where there are choices for everybody. The big difficulty is the amount of calories and sodium in their burgers. They are kind enough to have a nutritional guide on the table and of course after we ordered and were waiting we started to look at the calories and sodium and fats in our burgers. It could send you into shock. One of the most popular chains in the USA has a calorie count of 550 for the burger and sodium of 970. Red Robin calories for the burger I had was 1004 and sodium was 1395. The salted Caramel milkshake had calories of 783 and sodium of 1692. So, go and enjoy but for me this was a first time only. Just a treat on the walk through life. Tyler our waiter was nice and friendly as were all the staff that we saw.

1  Thank AdvisorOntario

Reviewed May 28, 2014

While at the Westin the family and I ventured up the street to Red Robin as they were open past 9pm for dinner so that was a positive. This is a very family friendly restaurant and burgers and endless fries are their biggest attractions. Lots of good shakes there too that were a hit.
Service was sketchy just because they get so busy with the movie theatre crowd and family folks from out of town trying to keep the kids happy with familiar food choices.
I can't say i would come here on my own, but with a family you can't go wrong, there is enough choice to satisfy everyone. Just DONT COUNT the calories on this trip to the RED Robin. Enjoy the food, have a beer, and relax with the family.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I understand mistakes so I never underrate a restaurant because of an order mistake. However, I do feel that an establishment has an obligation to react properly when a mistake is made. We had 7 in our party. The server was very pleasant and personable. My wife's order of a cheese burger with mayo was late after she was asked at least three time what she ordered. When it came there was no cheese and no mayo. The server said he was going to get the mayo. We never got it. Although we did get an 'I'm sorry' that was the extent of it.

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

We enjoy eating at this particular location because it's close to home and has great service! Super-friendly staff, good food at an affordable price!

Love their Cobb salad and their clam chowder is wonderful! Their BBQ wrap is awesome!
My husband loves the royal burger & my little one loves the onion rings & mozzarella sticks.

You can tell they have a decent management team there; happy employees, good service, food is consistent.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Big buns lots of garnishes little meat, about sums it up. Water from what I assume lettuce soaked the bun, Fries were mushy. I won't be back.