“Where is the air conditioning?”
Review of Yard House

Yard House
Ranked #5 of 104 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Yard House is an upscale-casual eatery known for great food, classic rock music and 180 taps of imported, craft and specialty ales & lagers. Whether you’re in the mood for a grilled burger and a pint of your favorite ale, or seared ahi and a chilled martini, Yard House has something for everyone. Yard House is the perfect place to unwind and take a break - meet old friends for happy hour, or make new ones, celebrate a special occasion, or gather your family for dinner.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The food was great, the wait staff was great, but I gave it a very good rating because I was miserably hot the entire time. I understand it was hot outside, but come on, this is the desert, shouldn't the owners be used to keeping this place cooled off inside? By the time I left, my clothes were wrinkled and soggy and my hair hung down in sweaty strings. Not the look I was going for on a Friday night! The drink choices are extensive. Maybe I'll go back in the winter to try it again.

1  Thank Joni S
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Hi Joni S - We are terribly sorry that your visit was uncomfortable. We will share your feedback with our management team to ensure that our AC units are working properly. Also, we were hoping to turn things around for you and ask that you contact us directly at yhguestrelations@darden.com. We hope to hear from you.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is really more of a sports bar, but their menu doesn't really fit the bar scene. It was quite busy, but I am really tired of restaurants that must have a gazillion TVs in every corner of the room. Beer selection was excellent. Food was quite good.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

this is one of those places thats hard to rate. Its at the River in Rancho Mirage and most of the day the parking is good but at dinner time its AWEFUL - so be aware--- the FOOD is Superb - have NEVER had anything less than wonderful. the Problem is the noise level.. there is the usual bar thing and LOTS of tv's all blaring and the facility has NO sound absorption at all. half the time you cant hear the person next to you let alone have a conversation. i find that unpleasant. its a shame too because tho the $$ are mid-high the food is Worth it.. but we dont go often because of the noise.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was one of the worst restaurants I have been in a long time. The service-awful. The food-awful. The price-awful. It took over 2.5 hours for six of us to have food---really? This is not a fancy place. Tried to bring up frustrations to management and they could have cared less...not even I'm sorry. Will never go back.

3  Thank Suzanne N
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Hi Suzanne N – Yikes! Your review is very concerning for us. Please accept our apology for missing the mark on so many levels. We’d like to learn more so that we can address your concerns internally. Please contact us at yhguestrelations@darden.com. We value your patronage and hope to hear back from you soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Menu selection is great but the beers in the yard length glasses is to laugh for. Huge bar area, nice wood and tons of fun. Also, very busy so expect to be there a while.