“Best Fine Dining in the Desert”

Reserve with OpenTable
Wally's Desert Turtle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 105 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Rancho Las Palmas
Transit: A public transit stop is directly across the street.
Description: Wally's Desert Turtle is NOW OPEN for our Thirty-Ninth Season and we are honored to announce the return of our celebrity Executive Chef Pascal Lallemand. With a focus on “farm to table” and sustainable practices, Wally’s Desert Turtle takes great care in sourcing the finest ingredients from local vendors and are proud to support ranches, farms, and fisheries that practice earth friendly and ocean friendly methods of production. The finest local ingredients, classic service, and exceptional surroundings always make for "A Great Night Out" at Wally's Desert Turtle.
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I plan my trips to California based on eating at Wally's Desert Turtle. This restaurant is a landmark in the Palm Desert/Palm Springs area. It is such a special place that I have celebrated three major mile-stone birthdays at Wallys. The service is exceptional in a beautifully decorated mirrored and low-light restaurant. The cuisine is the best I've ever eaten and so brilliantly arranged on the plate. The salmon is wonderful; the filet is perfectly seasoned and prepared. The accompaniments are seasonal and fresh. There is a great selection of appetizers. My favorite dessert is the chocolate souffle, with the sauce and I usually ask the chef to sprinkle some raspberries on the side. Wally's owner, Michael, visits each table chatting with his customers, some new but many are regulars. Absolutely the best restaurant in the desert!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

It's not easy to find a good restaurant in the desert that also has ambiance. Wally's is a beautiful restaurant. The restaurant was very crowded and the staff was doing it's best to service each table. Our dinners came hot (which is an important component to my husband and I). The portions were generous and cooked exactly as we had requested. The owner of the restaurant came over to our table to see if we were enjoying our dinner. Because the restaurant is closing for the summer months, we will have to wait to eat there again until September. We are looking forward to coming back.

Melissa N, Guest Relations Manager at Wally's Desert Turtle, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Merle,

Thank you sincerely for your wonderful review of your evening at Wally's Desert Turtle. We are pleased to read that you had the dining experience Wally's works hard to present to our guests. We look forward to seeing you again next season. Enjoy your summer!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was so very excited to see that Wally's Desert Turtle was participating in Restaurant Week this year. My number one pick! The atmosphere is beautiful, the food was divine but I must rave about the service! Starting with Steven the maitre d'. I was in communication with Steven for a few weeks for our large group which started as a possible 20 and resulted in 11. The day before I confirmed with 9 but the night of our dining experience two more were able to join (I didn't know). Without skipping a beat the staff hurriedly put add two more place settings. The wait staff we had was FABULOUS! Water glasses were kept full, dishes were cleared and served unobstrusively. You must go. You will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

On behalf of the entire staff of Wally's Desert Turtle, we thank you for your amazing review of your dining experience with us. We continually work to present an exquisite evening of food and service and we are excited to hear you had this evening. We look forward to seeing you again next season!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was our first time. We thought he food was quite good but bartender and waiter just did not want to be there. A smile from these guys would have been welcome much less a little personality. Guess the Resturant week patrons just are not bringing in enough money for these guys to crack a smile.
We will not return.

We are deeply sorry for your less than stellar dining experience at Wally's Desert Turtle. We have brought this to the attention of our staff. We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another chance next season.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife got very sick in the Wally's and need an ambulance. The Wally's
staff were very concerned that we didn't upset the other customers and that I was sure to pay the bill before we left. WILL NEVER GO BACK TO WALLY'S!! NASTY PEOPLE!!