“EPITOME OF FINE DINING”

Reserve with OpenTable
Wally's Desert Turtle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 103 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Rancho Las Palmas
Transit: A public transit stop is directly across the street.
Description: Wally's Desert Turtle is NOW OPEN for our Thirty-Ninth Season and we are honored to announce the return of our celebrity Executive Chef Pascal Lallemand. With a focus on "farm to table" and sustainable practices, Wally's Desert Turtle takes great care in sourcing the finest ingredients from local vendors and are proud to support ranches, farms, and fisheries that practice earth friendly and ocean friendly methods of production. The finest local ingredients, classic service, and exceptional surroundings always make for "A Great Night Out" at Wally's Desert Turtle.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was so very excited to see that Wally's Desert Turtle was participating in Restaurant Week this year. My number one pick! The atmosphere is beautiful, the food was divine but I must rave about the service! Starting with Steven the maitre d'. I was in communication with Steven for a few weeks for our large group which started as a possible 20 and resulted in 11. The day before I confirmed with 9 but the night of our dining experience two more were able to join (I didn't know). Without skipping a beat the staff hurriedly put add two more place settings. The wait staff we had was FABULOUS! Water glasses were kept full, dishes were cleared and served unobstrusively. You must go. You will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

Melissa N, Guest Relations Manager at Wally's Desert Turtle, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

On behalf of the entire staff of Wally's Desert Turtle, we thank you for your amazing review of your dining experience with us. We continually work to present an exquisite evening of food and service and we are excited to hear you had this evening. We look forward to seeing you again next season!

There are newer reviews for Wally's Desert Turtle

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was our first time. We thought he food was quite good but bartender and waiter just did not want to be there. A smile from these guys would have been welcome much less a little personality. Guess the Resturant week patrons just are not bringing in enough money for these guys to crack a smile.
We will not return.

We are deeply sorry for your less than stellar dining experience at Wally's Desert Turtle. We have brought this to the attention of our staff. We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another chance next season.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife got very sick in the Wally's and need an ambulance. The Wally's
staff were very concerned that we didn't upset the other customers and that I was sure to pay the bill before we left. WILL NEVER GO BACK TO WALLY'S!! NASTY PEOPLE!!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My spouse and I celebrated our wedding anniversary with a special treat—dining at Wally's. Be both took advantage of the Prix Fixe menu which offered some delightful choices. For an appetizer, she ordered the Carpaccio of Beef Tenderloin which I tried and found delicious. The presentation was extraordinary with all the paper thin slices arranged in a wheel on a large plate. I had the Calamari Balsamico which was presented like a veal scallopini on a bed of sautéed spinach which was delightfully flavored.

She ordered the Free-Range Chicken Breast which was presented in a delicious sauce along with mini potatoes and vegetables. She said it was very tasty. I had the Pan-Fried Whitefish which sat on a bed of leek and fennel fondue in a delicious sauce, along with a stack of various small vegetables. The food was very delicious and prepared perfectly.

We both had Valrohna Chocolate Souffle, which were ordered immediately and baked while we were enjoying our dinner. It was served to us piping hot, and the waiter drizzled melted chocolate over top and into the center. The taste was indescribable to this chocoholic and I savored every bite.

The service was impeccable, as it should be at this type of venue. We ordered house cabernet upon being seated and it was very dense and delicious. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is celebrating a special occasion or who just wants to have an incredible meal in a wonderful ambiance. We came on a Wednesday night and they had a great combo that played some great music. A dance floor was available for anyone so inclined. We just kicked back, sipped coffee, and enjoyed the music.

Melissa N, Public Relations Manager at Wally's Desert Turtle, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear LNBPalmDesert,

Thank you for taking the time to write your beautifully worded review of Wally's Desert Turtle. We sincerely thrilled to have had you join us for your wedding anniversary and that the evening was spectacular. It is our goal to provide our guests with the best dining experience. We greatly appreciate you letting us know we did our job well. We hope to see you again soon.
Happy Anniversary!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We booked for dinner last Saturday to celebrate a special occasion. We have dined at Wally's over the years and enjoyed the comfortable setting, good food and service. As requested we were seated in a quiet booth. We had brought our own special bottle of wine knowing they have a corkage fee policy. The service was friendly and not rushed. We ordered the prix fixe @ $50 per person.
Each of the courses was nice.....with the calamari scallopini and the Grand Marnier souffle being exceptional.
We asked for the check. When it arrived the corkage fee had not been added. I called it to the waiter's attention he said he would add it. I gave him my credit card and a 15% discount coupon from our local newspaper (I assume they are hoping to draw diners during the final weeks of the shoulder season). The waiter returned and flipped the coupon onto the table announcing "we can't accept this, you already got a good deal on the prix fixe." No word about we appreciate your asking us to add the corkage we failed to include. I spoke with the lovely hostess who has been there,she reminded me,for 28 years. She hemmed and hawed and said next time come to her to discuss! She insisted on taking my name and number because she knew the owner would want to speak with me. Not a word. On Monday I received a broadcast email encouraging me to write a review on Trip Advisor. While this is a lovely restaurant I simply don't tolerate an arrogant attitude. Its a shame. The two main competitors, Spencer's and Le Vallauris never treat customers like this. Sorry I am done.