“The Absolutely Best Restaurant in the Desert”

Wally's Desert Turtle
Reserve with OpenTable
Wally's Desert Turtle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 104 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Rancho Las Palmas
Transit: A public transit stop is directly across the street.
Description: Wally's Desert Turtle is NOW OPEN for our Thirty-Ninth Season and we are honored to announce the return of our celebrity Executive Chef Pascal Lallemand. With a focus on “farm to table” and sustainable practices, Wally’s Desert Turtle takes great care in sourcing the finest ingredients from local vendors and are proud to support ranches, farms, and fisheries that practice earth friendly and ocean friendly methods of production. The finest local ingredients, classic service, and exceptional surroundings always make for "A Great Night Out" at Wally's Desert Turtle.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The other reviewers have said it over and over again. Superb and interesting food, beautiful ambiance in an elegant old-fashioned way, and brilliant attentive service. Expensive, and truly worth lit; a wonderful dining experience.

3  Thank Moquis

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We went for a fundraser. the service and food are terrific. great place for a special occasion. they close during the summer.

1  Thank vino4me
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I'm going to condense my usually "wordy" review and make this simple statement. If you want a truly "fine dining" experience, where the food and service is beyond expectations, and money is no object, then you will not find a better restaurant in all of the Coachella Valley! The wild mushroom soup alone is reason to go! I felt as though I'd died and gone to Heaven...... my wife would not let me lick the bowl! There was only one embarrassing moment for me, and it was during my first visit several years ago. I took my wife for our wedding anniversary, and she felt as though she were the Queen of England because we were so pampered by the staff. We happened to leave just behind a group of impeccably-dressed couples, who must have been having a very private party, and as we waited for the valet to bring our car around, I experienced a major case of "class envy". The first vehicle brought around was the big, white, Rolls-Royce that was parked right in front, then came the black Bentley, a Mercedes, then another Mercedes, a white Jaguar, another Bentley, another Benz, and finally our impeccably clean, black 1999 Jeep Cherokee (not even a Grand Cherokee). I leaned over to my wife and said, "Honey, it looks like the Clampetts went out to dinner". We had a good laugh over that one!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Wally's is famous for their mushroom soup and deservedly so, but every meal I have enjoyed there has been outstanding. The owners are genuinely warm and friendly.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Looking for a classy resturant w/ atmosphere and attention to detail--try Wally's. Oustanding menu w/ very personal service by the staff. Piano playing during diner. Reminded us of old time type dining in relaxed but classy venue. Somewhat pricy, but worth the food and experience. Wally's has been in business over 33 years and closes during the summer months. Wally's son now operates the business and many of the employees have been w/ the resturant for many years. If you like Escargots when is the last time they were served in a shell and you have to use shell holders to get to the meat ??