“Best Mexican food”

Las Casuelas Nuevas
Reserve with OpenTable
Las Casuelas Nuevas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 104 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Via Florencio
Transit: Bus stop two blocks away.
Description: The Delgado family welcomes you to try their family recipes and new creations while enjoying their award winning atmosphere, cuisine, patio and of course margaritas. There are seven private dining rooms to accommodate groups large and small. Come and experience the spirit of Mexico in the heart of Rancho Mirage. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We went on the recommendation of the hotel we stAyed and and did not disappoint the best authentic Mexican food and the outdoor patio is so pretty at night. Would highly recommend ohhhhh and the margarita was awesome too.

There are newer reviews for Las Casuelas Nuevas

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This morning I woke up with a craving for a Mexican shrimp cocktail and the best I have ever had was at Las Casuelas Nuevas. I was in Palm Springs and figured that the original Las Casualas would suffice but after I got there I was told they do not have it on their menu.

We promptly left and drove the 15 minutes to Rancho Mirage.

We were greeted at the hostess stand by three very friendly young ladies and was asked if we were there for their Sunday brunch and so I filled her in on my craving (and my partner's craving for chiliquiles) and she informed me that all they had until later in the day was their brunch buffet.

To say that I was disappointed is an understatement since that was the entire reason for making our way to Rancho Mirage, but just then the manager showed up, heard our story, and immediately called the kitchen.

One of the ladies showed us to a table on the patio (which is probably the nicest patio I have ever seen) and two minutes later the, much to the chagrin of our server, the manager popped over to tell us our food was ordered.

We were so impressed with his service and the food lived up to our expectations.

VERY SATISFIED customers today! Thank you so much!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were for a nice Mexican restaurant as we don't really have any where we live. The decor and set-up was quite nice and somewhat authentic. We do wish we could have enjoyed the great weather and ate outside, however the patio was closed.

The service was excellent from ts excellent right from the start to the end. The margaritas were quick and quite tasty. The server was great at explaining what some of the items were and with some recommendations.

We shared some tortilla soup and a platter and it was all quite tasty and good. There was more than enough for both of. The price was also very fair.

1  Thank fatkidfromcanada
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Tried this restaurant on our visit to PS over the Labor Day weekend. Stop in for an early dinner before the crowd came in. Food was served hot and fresh with size able portions. We have wanted to try this place for some time and I am glad we did. The Chili Verde was excellent. Definately worth a try.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We visited 'off-season' with a friend who lives in Palm Desert. The food was pretty much average, the service was good and the decor was pleasant. I was told by by friend (we had Sunday Brunch) that the food on display was limited as this was 'Off-Season' and there was generally a better display during 'high' season. The food was 'typical' Mexican, but just that. I would be 'in-different' as to going back there again....