“Food redeemed itself”

Las Casuelas Nuevas
Reserve with OpenTable
Las Casuelas Nuevas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 103 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Via Florencio
Transit: Bus stop two blocks away.
Description: The Delgado family welcomes you to try their family recipes and new creations while enjoying their award winning atmosphere, cuisine, patio and of course margaritas. There are seven private dining rooms to accommodate groups large and small. Come and experience the spirit of Mexico in the heart of Rancho Mirage. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We gave 4 stars after it started off iffy. We asked if we could eat at bar and hostess said yes. Went there and bartender said no eating at bar. Hostess was surprised, so sat us in restaurant. We had no service for about 10 minutes until I grabbed a bus-boy. Once we got a server, he was so nice and fast and got our drinks and food in quickly and out quickly. Husband loved the burrito enchilada style with pork, perfect portion (on large side). I had excellent veggie fajitas and good sangria. Margarita was average. Place was very popular and busy with several large parties coming in. Also some kind of wedding party was happening somewhere on the large property. Very impressive. Overall, we left happy and full!

There are newer reviews for Las Casuelas Nuevas

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Staff is always nice, friendly and accommodating. Food always good and salsa with the right amount of spice. I get the 4 items and mix them up and have never been disappointed. I go for the house margaritas and am always happy with the result. Great interior when its too hot to sit on the patio. Big spacious outdoor space that when the weather is right can't be beat.
Stop there every time I'm in Rancho Mirage.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We were looking forward to dinner especially as this restaurant advertises itself as awarded best Mexican food in Southern California amongst other things. It's a beautiful restaurant, very nice patio area although totally empty when we visited and not in use. Inside is decorated like a Mexican plaza - very nice indeed. Service was prompt but not particularly friendly. A bit heavyhanded. I had placed my cocktail in the space between my place setting and my 20 year old daughter's place setting (there was also water glasses in front of me) and both the waiter and then the manager came over and asked me to put it directly in front of my own plate. Eh??? I do understand the licensing laws but glass placement?????
The food was very average. The best was the tableside guacamole. The actual dinners were bland. Very bland. And it was expensive for what it was. We would not come back again with so many other options available in the area. Pity.

1  Thank alliebdive
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Went for my son's birthday. We were seated in a corner booth for party of 5. It was an akward booth as the wall was angled. The staff was friendly but the restaurant was almost empty for dinner time (8pm). In the past it used to be if you didn't have reservations you had to wait a long time. Maybe it's because our bill came out to over $110 for the 5 of us and two were kids!! The prices have gone up a lot.... and all I had were beans! I was not as hungry as the rest of my family... So dissappointing. Used to be my favorite restaurant.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have been eating here forever. The food is always good, nice atmosphere. Sunday brunch is great!