“Disappointing”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We have been to Babe's every year when we go to Palm Springs. I have always loved the food. This time I got the Pulled Pork salad that I always get and it was awful. The lettuce was cut much larger and the pulled pork was full of big hunks of fat. My friend ordered the combination of tri-tip and ribs. She asked for the baby back ribs instead of the St. Louis and, even though the ribs were the same price, they charged $3 extra. I was so disappointed. We ate outside for the first time and they play the music so loudly, that you can hardly have a conversation.

1  Thank emmalea3
There are newer reviews for Babe's Bar-B-Que Grill and Brewhouse

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

It is difficult to find good beef ribs. Not bad here. We only do beef and makes it challenging!
The best are in Reno for their
big rib cook off in August. Until then these will do.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Enjoyed the outdoor seating... I had the tri tip/boneless rib combo. Very good.. as not quite as good as some Kansas City BBQ restaurants, but still a great option. We actually stumbled across here because the wait wasn't as long as next door.

Beers weren't too expensive compared to other restaurants in the area.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Took a client here based on our experience from two years ago. His request since he was in the mood for ribs. We were both very disappointed in the quality of the baby back ribs we had. Very little meat, but plenty of bone! The ribs were quite dry as well. This restaurant won't be on our agenda again.

1  Thank Tuba4You
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I take great pride as a home smoker of ribs and chicken. But this place blew me away, and showed me I have a long way to go to get even close to what Babes does.
I had the best smoked ribs of my life here, and the bbq sauce is excellent. Service is great and the price is worth the meal.
I just wish I could have eaten twice. The cole slaw wasn't to my liking. I found it too sweet and I don't like dates in my slaw. But there are plenty of other sides to select from.
I will go back every time.

1  Thank Staythurstymyfriends