“Great atmosphere and food”

Babe's Bar-B-Que Grill and Brewhouse
Ranked #3 of 104 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We finally tried this restaurant on our final night in Palm Desert and wished we had done so earlier. The food is delicious, great service and so much interesting decor to take in. If we are ever in the area again, we definitely be back, especially to try the ribs!

There are newer reviews for Babe's Bar-B-Que Grill and Brewhouse

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were in the area and looking for lunch so we stopped at "The River". The first and most obvious food establishment we came to was Babe's and we entered. We (party of four) were seated on the patio and it was a warm day. The misters weren't effectively aimed to provide much relief. There is a full cover over the area so at least the sun wasn't scorching. We should have eaten inside but it was very dark and noisy. The food emphasizes B-B-Q pork, beef and chicken with lots of sweet/tangy sauce. We each had pulled pork or chicken sandwiches and it was served as two smaller burgers and with two side orders each. Our waitress was all business and lacked much personality. It wasn't as though she was so busy but more like she didn't care. We left full, but really, a little B-B-Q can go a long way. Perhaps the best and most appealing feature of this restaurant is the huge bronze castings of "Babe" the pig and the various ornaments of pigs displayed throughout.

1  Thank jimsue
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We chose Babe's since we were craving BBQ and heard it was great for families and kids. The skillet cornbread as an appetizer was yummy and dinner as a whole was delicious! I ordered the beef combo platter which came with tri tip steak and beef short ribs. The tri tip was nothing special, but the beef short ribs were absolutely amazing! If I ever go back I would just order the beef ribs. Overall I think the meal was slightly overpriced, but most of it was very good and the service was outstanding!

1  Thank Jason L
Reviewed May 2, 2013

When we left this restaurant we felt ripped off. We ordered a full slab of baby back ribs which cost $25 and came with only one side, when we asked for an extra plate to share they said they didn't do that and we would have to pay $6 extra for a plate which would come with 3 sides, which we didn't really want. The ribs were tough, the meat did not fall off the bone as a good baby back rib would. I know Tony Roma's do a great baby back rib dinner, I guess I will go there instead in the future.

I will give it this much...the server was friendly.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great Porterhouse steak. Attentive friendly and fast service. We make a point of going to Babes every time we visit Palm Springs . Compared to Chop, good value and good quality meats. We share the steak because it is too much for just one of us. I guess, some people could polish it off on their own but in our case we shared. The waiter was kind enough and said that there is a charge for sharing but if I ordered a salad (for the cost of sharing) the cost is waived. That was brilliant and nice.