“Terrible”

Dining options: Reservations
New York City, New York
“Terrible”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Really poor experience. While the sushi and sashimi were good in terms of freshness and quality, the service and ambience were terrible. The salad served with our meals was iceberg lettuce with some shaved cabbage. The portion size of the sushi/ sashimi very meager. The service was pretty much non-existent, had to wait for everything. Rarely do I feel that not tipping is appropriate.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Supposing

Palm Springs, CA
“Dead Atmosphere and food made with NO love!”
Reviewed May 17, 2010

We decided to try this restaurant tonight. The atmosphere is totally dead and the sushi Chef is like in his own world ignoring everything and expressing no emotions. It feels like he is so bored and do the food with NO love at all. The result is sushi not well made that collapse when we take them with the sticks. However the fish seemed quite fresh.

Luckily the young guy was joyful and pleasant but we go for the food and the overall result is not uplifting at all.

1 Thank Florian11
Salt Lake City, Utah
“The fish is the reason to go”
Reviewed January 24, 2010

First visit 1/20/10. So-so ambiance, service and friendliness. Nearly empty. My restaurant pet-peeve - poor ventilation so when you leave you end up smelling like the restaurant; unfortunately prevalent here. Pricey by my home town standard, not sure for Palm Desert area. All that said, the sushi was excellent - fresh, tasty and generously portioned. Some of the best I've had. Fresh enough and generous enough that we took leftovers home (a rarity for us) and they were great the next day.

Los Angeles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The worse service ever”
Reviewed July 19, 2009

My family and I went in there looking for some good Japanese food. We when came out, it was literally the worst experience I had in a Japanese restaurant. They sat us down.. no problem. Then we ordered.. still no problem. The first appetizer came, no problem. Then we had to wait for them to bring us the chopsticks and forks. No soysauce on the table so I had to go to the table next to us since the servers were busy serving others. My kid ordered noodles but after 20 minutes, still nothing. Only 1 appetizer sat there on our table. We complained to the server and then in turn she complained to the owner ( lady ). Another 10 minutes pass and still nothing so we complained to them again and the the owner comes to our table and starts complaining to my wife in Japanese about how we're the worse. All we wanted was our food. Then the owner straight out tells me that she doesn't like the vibes she's getting from me. I mean come on now, we wait 30 + minutes for our second dish, what does she expect. The place was half packed so there's no excuse there. Then like I expected, she threw my 3 young kids, my wife and I out the door. I was furious but my wife says no use wasting our time on this dump and some how she got me to calm down. If you want to be treated like @%$#, this is the place.

1 Thank shg35inf
Cheyenne, WY
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed March 8, 2008

Hidden in a shopping center here is a sushi bar worthy of LA's best. Hiroshi will make you whatever you request, fish is always fresh and he's a master with a knife.

1 Thank foodfanCheyenne