“A Perfect Dinner”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 103 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: East Veldt Street
Transit: The SunBus has a bus stop on the corner of Bob Hope & Hwy 111
Description: Fleming's Rancho Mirage, CA is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located at The River, across from the Rancho Las Palmas Resort, in the Coachella Valley near Palm Desert.
Annapolis, MD
“A Perfect Dinner”
Reviewed May 15, 2007

Went there late, (at least for the Palm Springs area) nine-thirty-ish, on a Thursday night. Although it was busy, we got in without a wait and with no reservations. Service was attentive, without being obsequious, and perfectly paced. The wine list was impressive, and the waiter was happy to bring us a "sip size" of various vintages in helping us to decide what to order. The steaks, of course, were perfect. One person in our party tried the lamb which looked yummy. I would come back with my wife on a special occasion.

1 Thank Dittmarschen

Fairfax, VA
“Not worth the money...”
Reviewed June 20, 2006

We were trying to find a decent steak place in the Palm Springs area, to celebrate an event, and had heard of this place. Well, let me tell you, it's certainly not worth the trip or the money. First of all, it's in a shopping center with NO PARKING. They didn't have valet, and if you wanted valet, you had to walk down the shopping center and use their valet. Our table for 9 was ready when we got there but they squeezed us into a very small table. Come on, for the money, don't you think we should have gotten more space. The waiter was very PUSHY, and asked us if we wanted sparkling water or not, and we opted not, but he never asked us if we wanted bottled water or tap, well, after being served water at $7 a bottle, you bet that was a shock, especially when we had 6 bottles!

The food choices were good, but most of our party got filets & ribeyes. Although most of the people didn't comment, I could tell that their steaks were NOT cooked to their specification. The side dishes were amazing, and I wish they had cooked the meat as well as their side dishes.

I'm sorely disappointed that a place like this really charges what they charge for the quality of their cooking. Definitely try another place, and don't waste your money!

3 Thank VACOUPLETRAVELS
la quinta, ca
“Don't waste your time”
Reviewed March 30, 2006

I live in this desert paradise and I have tried most of the restaurants in this area. My husband and another couple had reservations on a friday night at 6:30. we had heard that Flemings was a must if you love wines and steak. the restaurant was beautiful and the service was good the food however was not what we expected. I ordered the filet. it was cooked to my request (med. rare) the seasoning was not good. it was i must say the worst steak i have had in months. the wine list that they boast about is picked by the head steward and is done daily. we decided to do a flight (wine tasting) since we wanted to experience it all. we let the steward pick reds for us. he was well versed however, the wines were not to our liking. we ending up with a wonderful spanish wine that in the end i picked (go figure).to make this long story shorter, the evening was $400. we wished we would have gone to Ruth's Chris instead. we will never return.

2 Thank vino4me