“Unhappy Hour”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 105 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: East Veldt Street
Transit: The SunBus has a bus stop on the corner of Bob Hope & Hwy 111
Description: Fleming's Rancho Mirage, CA is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located at The River, across from the Rancho Las Palmas Resort, in the Coachella Valley near Palm Desert.
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We went to Flemings the other night for happy hour before a movie at the River. Virtually every other restaurant there was full so that was the first warning sign.
We managed to find two seats at the bar and then spent an hour with poor service, even worse food, but at least went to a good movie after.
I would definitely try every other restaurant available before going back to this one again. Overpriced, overrated and definitely an unhappy hour!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Special deal on the largest steak in the valley. A chef will present this large ribeye with a foot long bone on a hot skillet and carve it table side. This is a large piece of meat that should be ordered medium. We also enjoyed a pile of onion rings. There are 100 wines by the glass to choose from. Many at very reasonable prices. Our early dinner reservation time of 5:45 allowed us to enjoy a nicely paced meal before the crowds arrived after 7 pm on a Friday evening. Both locals and tourists favor the restaurant. Parking is not easy at the River, so allow at least 10 minutes to walk from the distant lot. Happy Hour is a great option, but the bar is packed. Outdoor dining also available. Service is exceptional.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Great dinner at reasonable price.Sunday special is prime rib dinner
full meal at only $ 39.95. best bargain in the entire valley.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I stopped here after a movie for one of their cheeseburgers and a glass of wine -- hit the spot! You can order tis at the bar and it is a great cheeseburger with all the trimmings. They use the best beef to make these so you can't go wrong! Service was excellent! I even left my credit card and they had it waiting for me the next day!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had been to a Fleming's Restaurant once before, in Baltimore, and had been pleased at that one. However, this time, my husband and I did NOT order a steak, as we did the first time. Instead, we ordered the prime rib, because it was a "special" the Sunday evening we went. At first bite, I knew it was NOT going to be enjoyable. There was an OVERWHELMING flavor of SAGE throughout the meat, and, although we like sage in turkey stuffing or dressing, we did NOT appreciate such a strong flavor in a prime rib such that it masked the delicate flavor of the meat. Diners SHOULD be made aware of the intense flavor of sage in this preparation. If we had been warned, we would have chosen some other cut.
My husband and I were equally disappointed and we did not want to ruin the evening of our son who accompanied us to the restaurant by complaining to the management. Our son had just played at the nationals tennis competition at Indian Wells, and was feeling quite upbeat - we did not want to ruin his upbeat mood.
We will never order prime rib at a Fleming's restaurant again UNLESS we can be assured by the WAITSTAFF that sage or any other herb has not been used in its preparation.