“Excellent and enjoyable!”
Review of Si Bon

Si Bon
Reserve with OpenTable
Si Bon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 104 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I really enjoy coming here for any meal. The food is prepared so well and is authentic in recipes. Never any disappointment with food or service here ever!
We both had the Chicken Crepes, a delicious entree filled with chunks of chicken in a sherry sauce with mushrooms. A small portion of salad comes on the plate and it is plenty to eat.
The atmosphere is very Belgium Cafe like.
This restaurant has expanded in size since our last visit. I hope the service and food continue to please the palates. As they have so far.
Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We enjoyed dinner at Si Bon, eating inside due to the hot wind that evening. Service was very good and the room had a clean open feel with a convivial vibe. Another diner actually stopped as leaving to tell us how much they liked SiBon. (local residents) I really liked my caprese salad to start, and chose sand dabs based on last year's excellent sand dabs at Cafe Des Beaux-Arts. However, I had hoped for an equally delicious version, and they just didn't measure up.

Having lived quite awhile in Germany, my husband was looking forward to wiener schnitzel. It was huge, but thin and did not live up to his expectations, although he enjoyed his beet salad. Our daughter was pleased with the gluten free menu, and had a scallop dish which she said was good, but not extraordinary, and our son-in-law had a pasta dish, but he left a lot, so not sure that was a hit.

The beer was great, wine fine and we shared a couple of desserts. Between the creme brulee crepe and the house made raspberry sorbet, there was no contest, the sorbet being the unanimous star. Perhaps from reading so many positive reviews we were just expecting too much. We really wanted to love SiBon, and I might try again, but the general feeling was that even with a pleasant atmosphere and service, the food was not enough to get us to come back.

1  Thank annkr
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stopped to have a cold beverage on a day when it was 105 degrees. The Si Bon is located in a strip mall which means there's plenty of parking. As we walked in, we found it visually lively with an authentic brightly colored French décor and several pictures that brought real Paris cafe's to mind from personal trips a few years ago. The attentive service was impressive, too. A sign on the door said that the place would soon be closed for a month for changes...hmmm. Not sure it needs it because it is already wonderful. But, things are so well done that I'm confident it will be even better. Great job Mr and Mrs Philippe Caupain - !

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We found Si Bon through Yelp, highly rated Belgian restaurant in Rancho Mirage. Set back in a shopping center, you'll miss it if you don't know what you're looking for, and that would be a shame. This unpretentious restaurant serves some of the best food in the area, including a lobster ravioli that is amazing. Every entree that went by us looked so delicious, it made it hard to choose. I eventually settled on the sand dabs, perfectly prepared in lemon and capers, and my husband had the steak frites, done melt-in-your mouth medium rare. The people at the next table couldn't stop raving about the schnitzel, so I'm assuming it was just as good as the dishes we selected. The one caveat? Skip any of the waffle desserts - my nutella banana waffle was rock hard. That may be the Belgian way, but I wasn't impressed (my husband's brioche bread pudding was good, though). That's the only reason Si Bon didn't rate a 5 with me.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

At the corner of Country Club Drive and Monterey - right at the very edge of Rancho Mirage - there sits one of the best restaurants and we shared one of the best Wiener Schnitzel dinners we've ever had. In the past years, we have eaten plenty of Wiener Schnitzel throughout Europe, but we both agree that Si Bon's is right up there.

The Wiener Schnitzel was large enough to split between the two of us and came with a nice selection of FRESH vegetables al dente as well as scalloped potatoes. The potatoes need to come served hotter than how we received ours, but they were still very tasty. We started off with splitting a fresh spinach salad lightly brushed in a wonderful olive oil sauce and then the fresh baked rolls! You would think that we had never eaten as well before, but wow this was one of those "great" dining experiences. We also shared a desert that was more than adequate for the two of us and in fact, we took half of it home. We can't figure out why, after they have been in business for over a year that we didn't find Si Bon before. It will certainly get our business in the future. Though a bit more expensive that we would like, by sharing the meal, it made it easier to handle the check and still walk out with that wonderful feeling of satisfaction.

The server was Kyndra, and she was very attentive as were the young lady who brought the meal to our table and the rest of the staff were very pleasant to meet.

They bake all of their own bake goods and they serve from 8 a.m. through dinner time - and no, I have no interest in the restaurant except to report our wonderful dinner experience.