“"Great fresh food"”
Review of Si Bon

Si Bon
Reserve with OpenTable
Si Bon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 105 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2014

It was our first time to the Ranch Mirage area and we stumbled upon this fantastic restaurant. The grilled shrimp salad was delicious, the out side seating very relaxing and the staff was very helpful.
Would love to eat there again.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I ate at Si Bon for the first time and was very surprised at how delicous the food is at this relatively new restaurant. From the appetizer of crab stuffed ravioli in lemon grass sauce to entree. We had scallops and weinerschitzel, which I recommend. Besides the wonderful food the service is excellent. The hostess greets you with a big smile and the server with much attention. It's a well trained staff, which is sometimes missing in restaurants today. My final thought is treat yourself with a chocolate mousse. It's very good and we all deserve it.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Pat and I ordered the Lobster Chopped Salad with Tarragon Mustard Vinaigrette for $18 each. It was excellent and contained lots of lobster. Kathy had the Leek and Mushroom Quiche with Mixed Salad for $12. It was a generous portion. We shared a bottle of excellent Ferrari Carano Fume Blanc for $29. My only criticism is the stemless wine glasses that they use. This is a fad that makes no sense to me as the holding of the bowl of the glass heats the wine up. Owner Philippe Caupain said that new glasses are on order. Hurray!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Had dinner here last night. My first time at this restaurant. I ordered mussels in lemongrass. The mussels were plump and succulent. The lemongrass sauce was outstanding. I dipped my fries into it and all the bread in the basket. I thought about taking the leftover sauce home. Can't wait to try the other dishes on the menu.

1  Thank travelswithdiane
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Si Bon is relatively new on the restaurant scene here in the desert. It has rapidly become one of my very favorites. I have had lunch here about 7 or 8 times, dinner 2 or 3 times, and breakfast once, so I feel qualified to render an opinion on the consistency of the food and service at this casual bistro style Belgian cafe. The quality of the food is excellent. I go back again and again just to taste the cold cucumber soup. I am addicted to it. The sand dabs are also superb, with a lemon flavored sauce that can't be beat. The vegetables are cooked just right - not too al dente. The service is friendly and prompt. Quite a few people that I know have eaten at Si Bon and they all rave about the food. The dinner entrees are moderately priced, but breakfast is relatively expensive. The only downside I have heard is criticism concerning the noise level inside. So if it is crowded inside and the weather is pleasant, opt for a table on the patio, where there are heaters to add warmth if it is chilly.

1  Thank MarylandGypsy