“Fun addition to quick dining by the movie complex”
Review of Five Guys

Five Guys
Ranked #58 of 105 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The burgers are very good. The fries are amazingly good for fast food. And the soda dispenser has so many flavor choices, you'll enjoy sampling some you've probably never had before. Energetic atmosphere. Adjacent to movie theater complex.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stopped here for lunch on recommendations from friends for value priced good food. We had been warned that the portions were generous so we decided to split a burger and regular size fries. The friendly guy at the order counter asked if we were sharing and offered to cut the burger in half for us! We did not realize that it was a double cheeseburger which I find more difficult to eat, especially with the slippery toppings consisting of grilled onions and mushrooms. With that said, next time, and there WILL be a next time, we will each order a single burger instead of sharing the double. The grilled onions were fine but the mushrooms were rubbery like they were canned mushrooms are so my guess is that they were not fresh.The regular size fries were more than the two of us could eat so next time we will share the smallest size. I will also ask them to make them extra crispy as well, but they were still quite good. My husband likes his lightly salted as they were, and I added extra salt to my portion. I also liked the malt vinegar option next to the Heinz ketchup dispenser on the end of the counter.

It's nice to have such a variety of free toppings to choose from so on return visits you can try a different combination and not feel like you are eating the same thing every time. I do wish the burgers were cooked over an open flame because I prefer that particular flavor but the flavor of the meat holds up well on the grill they do use. I also wish they offered onion rings on the menu. As others have indicated, the menu is pretty simple. Burgers, hot dogs and fries. Simple and very good.

The bun was a sesame seeded bun, a little on the fluffy side. The cheese appeared to be an orange colored american. I think I will skip the cheese next time and the rubbery mushrooms.
I will add lettuce to my other topping choices to provide texture as our burger was a little on the mushy side.

The salted peanuts in the shell were sitting on the end of the counter with a scoop and containers so you could fill your own. It's a nice touch especially if the place is busy with a long line so you can nibble on them while you are waiting for your number to be called.

I noticed that you can pre-order your meal on-line which might be an option during busy times. We were lucky, the line was short. We look forward to returning.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Five Guys in Rancho Mirage, CA specializes in good old-fashioned hamburgers made the way you want. The regular burger, cheeseburger, bacon burger, or bacon cheeseburger contain two ground beef patties. The "little" version of each contains a single patty. Your choice of toppings are included at no additional charge and include mayo, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, ketchup, and mustard. If you say, "Everything!" or "All the way!," then you get all eight of these choices. Furthermore, there are still more toppings at no additional charge including pickle relish, raw onions, jalapeño peppers, A1 Steak Sauce, BBQ sauce, or hot sauce. You can have it your way! In addition to hamburgers, Five Guys also offers grilled hotdogs or bacon dogs, with or without cheese, and any of the same toppings at no additional cost. You can also get a plain grilled cheese sandwich or add a hamburger patty to make a patty melt. Add any of the same toppings, if you want, too. All burgers and hotdogs are available "bunless." You can get a BLT, if you want, or as an alternative to meat, you can order a veggie sandwich.

The fries are cut on-premise from fresh potatoes (skin on) and deep fried in peanut oil. You can order them plain, lightly salted, or spiced with a Cajun seasoning. Dip your fries in ketchup or in malt vinegar and mustard, British-style "chips," which is how I prefer them. Refill your drink from the self-service soda fountain filled with a variety of Coca-Cola products, or enjoy a fresh-brewed iced tea.

My wife and I enjoyed an early lunch at Five Guys this morning. The bacon on our burgers was too crispy while the fries were not quite crispy enough to our taste. When I politely "griped," we were quickly offered crispy fries and "soft" bacon, for free, as an immediate resolution. Because the service-staff so quickly responded favorably, we declined the free food offer but were very appreciative of it. There is always a little room for improvement, which is why I rated Five Guys as "Very Good."

Five Guys, Rancho Mirage, is located near a cinema theater in "The River," an outdoor mall, on Hwy 111 between the south end of downtown Palm Springs and Bob Hope Drive. It is family-friendly and "kid-safe," removed somewhat from the bars and adult nightlife nearby. There are ample tables inside and a few tables outside along the "walk." While there is not much of a view, you can certainly people-watch! Tourists to Palm Springs and the Coachella Valley may find Five Guys a little out of their way, but locals may find an excellent choice for good old-fashioned American food made to order. My wife and I were very pleased with the service-staff, the facility, and the all-American atmosphere. Try Five Guys once and you'll be back again!

1  Thank Dana S
Reviewed March 15, 2013

While the concept sounds good the execution doesn't match up. The burgers are too flat to be juicy even if cooked rare. It is nice to add all topping at no additional cost but that really doesn't help the taste The "all you can eat peanuts" is a good idea and the staff is friendly and helpful.. Upgrading the promos and ads on the walls would add credibility. What relevance is reviews from 2008

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great “hot” and juicy burgers! Freshly made (in front of you).Free peanuts, free refills of drink ordered ( Zero Coke is available! ), “overflowing” French fries. Always has long (waiting) line. Located in a beautiful outdoor plaza (“The River”) and next to a movie theater.